Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Adding Bluebird and Spoiler to the Birds of Prey could help sales and would give those 2 a regular book to appear in. It's a win win situation!

Have the team consist of:

Black Canary
    Batgirl
    Bluebird
    Spoiler
    Katana (yes I would like her back)

It's a solid team and has a few fan favorites in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    Adding Bluebird and Spoiler to the Birds of Prey could help sales and would give those 2 a regular book to appear in. It's a win win situation!

Have the team consist of:

Black Canary
    Batgirl
    Bluebird
    Spoiler
    Katana (yes I would like her back)

It's a solid team and has a few fan favorites in it.
    Add Batwoman and you have a new reader in me. And maybe Zee.

Astonishing Member

I'd probably be way too tempted to put Talon on the team - I think the Birds have a lot more going for them than "the team where they're all girls", and he's a decent bird-themed character with an interesting skillset. But I can see why some people would be against it.

I have to be honest though, I really do think that the Birds' "thing" was the centralised "hub and agents" set-up. If it isn't Barbara-as-Oracle, then it might be worth looking for a different character to fill that role.

BANNED

Does any other oldster remember the Gotham Mystery Writers, who would occasionally serve as consultants for Batman? Wasn't there a lady writer named Harper Row? Or was it Nancy Something? I was thinking that her name was Harper Row. I have that back issue somewhere in the Mylar Mountain, but thought maybe a member here might remember.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    Huntress shows up at the very end of the newest issue of Batgirl, but I think it's the Helena Wayne version. It looks like she'll be teaming with Black Canary and Batgirl to take on Knightfall and the Disgraced.
    Helena Wayne gets a no from me. I read Batgirl regardless, but if that's the team for another BoP relaunch, I won't read it.

Spectacular Member

1. Let it be it's own self contained title that stands on its own. Why have the recent story lines being so dependent on referencing the events of Team 7, a failed title that not many people read? I had no idea who Regulus was, and the Kurt Lance stuff has been really "meh".
    2. Globe hopping and a sense of fun.
    3. Bring back the old formula of them doing a mix of undercover work and more straightforward operations.
    4. Flesh out the characters and relationships more. What's Black Canary's background and why is she such good friends with Babs?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Black Canary
    Bluebird
    Black Bat
    Spoiler
    Misfit
    a whole new Oracle

I'd also like to see a SUPERMAN family version (not sure of a good name) with:

Supergirl
    Lady Steel
    Traci 13
    Matrix/Cir-El hybrid

BANNED

The whole thing of Dinah being in Team 7--too forced and weird. DC has gone about incorporating the Wildstorm characters in such a half-assed way; there were some good characters who need to move into the DC mainstream--not the other way around of pushing established DC characters into the remnants of Wildstorm.

BANNED

Dissolve the team and have Batman put some dollars behind it and separate it from any government funding. It becomes Batgirl's own stable, and anyone who joins has to be approved by Batman and follow his rules.

BANNED

Bring me up to date: There is a Helena Wayne AND a Helena Bertinelli in the New 52? I had loved the bit in the original introduction of the Huntress where Bruce was waiting at the gates for Selena when she was released from prison (awwwww . . . . )

Fantastic Member

I could see the Birds becoming more aligned with the Batman line of titles. Make it equivalent to what the Outsiders were in the old universe. Batman could put together his own Birds of Prey and picks Barbara and Dinah to lead it.

Ultimate Member

That'd be a terrible idea. The Birds need to be their own thing. Having them get sucked into Batman's orbit and essentially become a bat-book is the worst thing that they could possibly do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Bring me up to date: There is a Helena Wayne AND a Helena Bertinelli in the New 52? I had loved the bit in the original introduction of the Huntress where Bruce was waiting at the gates for Selena when she was released from prison (awwwww . . . . )
    Yeah, Helena Wayne is Huntress - a refugee from Earth 2 who will shortly be going back there.

Helena Bertinelli has just turned up, is not Huntress and instead an agent of Spyral who will be working with Dick Grayson.

Spectacular Member

The implication is that Helena Bertinelli is the daughter of the Gotham Crime boss Frank Bertinelli(who appeared in Forever Evil Justice League tie in issues), and that she faked her death some years ago to join Spyral.

Look, get Bryan Q Millar to write it and have spoiler included, as well as Cass Cain, and have Dustin Ngyuen draw it. Put whoever else you want on it, I'm there.