Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Default SupermanWonder Woman 9 Preview

Earlier, I saw a new thread for this topic, questioning when the preview would be released. I no longer see the thread, so I thought I would create a new one.

I found a preview at http://mancave.cbslocal.com.

Amazing Member

I am eager to read the end of that sentence. Thank you for posting the preview!

Quote Originally Posted by azurescarf View Post
    I am eager to read the end of that sentence. Thank you for posting the preview!
    So am I. I scrolled down hoping to see the next page. No luck, of course, with the tease preview. I am also enjoying the character of Hessia. Soule is nicely, slowly, revealing her backstory. I look forward to learning more about her.

So we're getting a less literal Superman III-like showdown between Supes and his inner demon?

So is this basically Doomsday now conveying thoughts and speech since he's within a body capable of such? If so who knew he'd be a smarmy sumbitch, lol.

I really want to see Hessia in action.
    About damn time!
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Cool! I like Hessia. Nice to see a positive portrayal of an Amazon (apart from Diana) and getting to do something heroic. Hessia and Diana having to deal with Doomsday Supes. Kara is on the cover so wondering how it will go and how they end up in outer space.

Looks great. Reads great. Soule and Daniel are one the best creative teams out there!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Cool! I like Hessia. Nice to see a positive portrayal of an Amazon (apart from Diana) and getting to do something heroic. Hessia and Diana having to deal with Doomsday Supes. Kara is on the cover so wondering how it will go and how they end up in outer space.
    I agree with you about the current depiction of most of the Amazons. In the WW title, it's not much to recommend the Amazons as much more than a bunch of man-hating, baby killers. I truly dislike that unexplained, one-dimensional representation of them. Thus far, Hessia is a likable character I want to know more about. She's proven herself to be a good and trusting friend to Diana every time she appears in an issue. And, hell, who wouldn't go to an Amazon brave and crazy enough to venture into Tartarus for help?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I enjoy this book so much more than the actual Wonder Woman book. Really looking forward to seeing more of Hessia!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I agree with you about the current depiction of most of the Amazons. In the WW title, it's not much to recommend the Amazons as much more than a bunch of man-hating, baby killers. I truly dislike that unexplained, one-dimensional representation of them. Thus far, Hessia is a likable character I want to know more about. She's proven herself to be a good and trusting friend to Diana every time she appears in an issue. And, hell, who wouldn't go to an Amazon brave and crazy enough to venture into Tartarus for help?
    Oh yeah! I love that we seeing a healer. I mean we saw them all fighting and know they good warriors but other aspects have been just neglected. Least Hessia for me..helps paint a different picture and I think...okay...sure... Diana is a product of that society and I get how she could stand up for them and be proud of them.

Diana's expression when she is pleading with Hessia speaks volumes.

The coloring on these pages look really good!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Oh yeah! I love that we seeing a healer. I mean we saw them all fighting and know they good warriors but other aspects have been just neglected. Least Hessia for me..helps paint a different picture and I think...okay...sure... Diana is a product of that society and I get how she could stand up for them and be proud of them.

Diana's expression when she is pleading with Hessia speaks volumes.

The coloring on these pages look really good!

The fact that Diana begged Hessia to help her struck me as well, because I've never viewed Diana as the begging type. The fact that she did speaks to, not only her desperation to help save Clark, but also her fear of losing the man she loves.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I enjoy this book so much more than the actual Wonder Woman book. Really looking forward to seeing more of Hessia!
    Wonder Woman solo comic has been a real disappointment too me! I hate what Azz has done to the Amazon, Changing WW birth from being a gift from the Gods too being the product of an affair with a marriage God, from being a force that fights against war too the God of war, changing everything she once stood for!! Making her more and more darker in her solo comic. I don't care for her supporting cast in her solo comic at all!! Soule version of WW is these only version of WW I like in the new 52!! To me, WW has been the real star of the Doomed storyline so far !! Just as I think that WW has been the breakout star of the SM/WW series!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 06-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.

BANNED

I love how these adventures are happening all around the world, one moment they're in Brazil and the next it could be outer space! Like one big sandbox.

Must be nice to have a dependable friend like Hessia. She gives sound advice, healing, and willing to put her own life on the line just to help a sister out.

Wondy should give her a gift card or something for all this.

I liked how calm Superman looked throughout his encounter with Doomsday, no big speeches, just steely resolve.

Bought this for the WonderWoman/Supergirl Bombshell Variant. Happy to see Supergirl & the Red Lanterns managed to make it in to the book. Made it worth reading for me.