Page 305 of 374 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    IOW, she needs psychiatric help.
    Not all her fault it runs in the family lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jesus, what is it with this season and the feels?

Most emotional episode ever. I actually cried when J'onn and Malefic embraced.
    I did really like that. I'd like to think that they'll keep Malafek around for a while and team him with his brother; but honestly I'm expecting him to die in the Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Unless we assume the El's are crazy people who keep dangerous weapons around as trophies just for the heck of it, maybe the devices are made of materials that make them difficult to destroy through conventional means.
    She could literally toss it into the sun. Or at least into deep space. Or even into a volcano.

So...is Brainy a fan of Avatar the Last Airbender, then?

J'onn and Malefic...wow. With Martians and their telepathy, you'd think forgiveness would be easy because you can look into each other's minds and hearts. I hope this reconciliation is genuine. I haven't seen Phil LaMar play such a serious role (in live action, anyway), and I was impressed!

I really like how Lena's story is advancing. Her being evil isn't just because of Supergirl having kept secrets from her, it's because Lena thinks she can only rely on herself. Lena doesn't think of herself as evil, and so far, she has only directly hurt bad guys or acted for the greater good. She isn't above threats or manipulation, but she isn't about greed and ego like Lex. Kara is just the latest in a long line of people who she doesn't feel she can trust, which drives her further away from any kind of emotional attachment. Even if Kara had been honest with her about her dual identity, I still think Lena would be doing morally questionable things because she tells herself it's the right thing to do. It's heartbreaking to think that she is so damaged that an otherwise well meaning person can be this close to villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know that Mitch Pillegi had a long run on Stargate Atlantis, and X-Files was technically a sci-fi show, but seeing him in a costume playing an alien bad guy is just WEIRD
    It is weird. And I keep forgetting he voiced Commissioner Gordon on The Batman.

For the record- for season 4, Manchester Black was good to a point, but felt like he was wasted. Agent Liberty started to overstay his welcome until Luthor tried to have him killed, and it got a little too preachy for me at times. That said, Lex redeemed all of that (taking out the Kaznians in his suit while belting out Sinatra's 'My Way' was BRILLIANT), and while I think I wanted more of him, I also think they used him just the right amount.
    Agreed about Manchester Black. His end was too abrupt.

Also, if Myriad was the one weapon in that room that Kara wished she could destroy, WHY DIDN'T SHE DESTROY IT?! There was literally nothing stopping her from doing that.
    What was the Myriad device doing in the Fortress of Solitude in the first place? Supergirl tossed Fort Rozz into outer space because that was the only way to keep Myriad from frying the humans' brains.
    And then Supergirl passed out due to lack of air and was retrieved by Alex. So when and why would anyone have removed the Myriad device from Fort Rozz. Supergirl did visit Fort Rozz to talk to
    Jindah Kol Rozz. But they seemed pretty busy dealing with Reign so why take the time to stick around and search for the Myriad device especially after one of them already got killed.

I know that Mitch Pillegi had a long run on Stargate Atlantis, and X-Files was technically a sci-fi show, but seeing him in a costume playing an alien bad guy is just WEIRD.
    What about this costume?p11945_p_v8_aa.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What was the Myriad device doing in the Fortress of Solitude in the first place?
    My take on the whole thing is that Superman's the one keeping trophies and Kara didn't want to offend him by destroying the stuff he's holding onto for safekeeping. Remember when the Supes were all upset at the DEO for having any Kryptonite at all? Hmm....

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Okay, but do evil people become evil (after decades of being good) over something stupid as Kara's well-intentioned silence regarding her true identity?
    It's a Luther trait. Lex Luther hated Superman for accidentally making him bald (even though he really rocked that look).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Not all her fault it runs in the family lol.
    But she's adopted, right? So it can't be genetic!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Her father was Lionel, so she is a Luthor. Still, if a genetic disposition to crime was this strong in reality, eugenics as policy would never have died a long time ago.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think it would be kind of hilarious if Brainy used that term by complete coincidence and Alex was the one who was a fan, which is why she was so hesitant to use that to refer to his powers .
    It is weird. And I keep forgetting he voiced Commissioner Gordon on The Batman.
    That was him wow. I remember Batgirl, but I sometimes forget Gordon was actually on that show. Yin and Bennett were more memorable .

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What about this costume?p11945_p_v8_aa.jpg

My take on the whole thing is that Superman's the one keeping trophies and Kara didn't want to offend him by destroying the stuff he's holding onto for safekeeping. Remember when the Supes were all upset at the DEO for having any Kryptonite at all? Hmm....
    Is that Mitch Pillegi? Holy crap!

But then, how did Superman get the Myriad device off of Fort Rozz?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Oh damn now we're going into nature vs nurture here lol.

But then, how did Superman get the Myriad device off of Fort Rozz?
    Kara would have had to have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kara would have had to have done it.
    And then we go back to when did she have the opportunity to do it?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

And then we go back to when did she have the opportunity to do it?
    Could have been any time after she pushed it into space. It's been years.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I read it more like Alex's the one that was the Avatar fan and Brainy has no clue it's a reference. Given Avatar's original airdates, it's entirely possible Alex watched it during high school.