Page 361 of 374 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 5596

Everyone getting really gung-ho on Alex's new kid. I guess we'll never see Kara get to hang out with Jon and Jordan, let alone mention them, so this is as good as we're going to get for Kara being an aunt.

It's kind of surprising that they knew she was an alien who can absorb other aliens' powers and didn't think that would be a problem when they mostly interact with aliens. Actually makes it pretty inconvenient when they've depicted National City as having a seemingly 60-70% alien population.

That Guardian of Hope reminded me of Miss Martian.

Is this the first time we've seen J'onn's martian form since the season premier? I'm not even sure why they had him look like that for such a short scene. And is the first episode where Brainy's been green 100% of the episode? Not really sure what's going on there.

When Brainy name-dropped an athlete I thought he was going to mention Ultra Boy. Aren't Winathians the same race as the Lightning siblings?

So is the idea behind teaching Esme control so that she doesn't go overboard whenever she grabs a random power? Because if it apparently happens through proximity than it would probably be pretty inconvenient in National City.

Kara and Eliza fought a lot? From what I remember it was always Kara and Alex going at it because Eliza was so much softer on Kara.

I love how there was no doubt Kara would win the Hope totem. It really is her thing .

Not!Russia Kaznia and Not!Cuba Corto Maltese are sure going at it.

Did a US Senator really just advocate for brainwashing two political officials? I really would've liked to have seen more of J'onn the peacemaker. Even better if he had done it in his costume and martian form.

Does Andrea have to be such a negative nancy?

That dude really came at Nxyly with a stapler? Um...credit for trying?

William trying to earn his reporter credentials in a Super show by getting constantly kidnapped and endangered, while still coming through in the clutch.

I'm kind of surprised that nabbed them the Hope totem because it felt artificial.

I feel like there should be more consequences for Kara and the Super Friends unilaterally grabbing a bunch of nukes and throwing them into the sun. That's some Injustice Supes level of political interference. Like stopping the two nukes is one thing, but taking them all?

Kara just destroyed the embodiment of hope...that is totally going to come back and bite her, right?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Kara's not really in the main comics right now. She's in a limited series set in space, and it doesn't look like there is much in the way of romance in the book.

If she gets another ongoing, maybe then they could do it.

As someone who relies on recaps to follow this show now, I find it both frustrating and amusing that there has been no recap posted of the last night's episode yet. Stargirl's went up 2 minutes after the show ended in my timezone, but nothing for Supergirl. It's like even the recap writers have given up.
    Maybe but I can't think of a time where they made a major character LGBT in one medium but didn't make them in the comics. Even Nico came out as bi in the comics like a week after she did in the Runaways tv show. And if something that big were in the cards it'd have leaked like the Jon news did
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-14-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    William trying to earn his reporter credentials in a Super show by getting constantly kidnapped and endangered, while still coming through in the clutch.

I feel like there should be more consequences for Kara and the Super Friends unilaterally grabbing a bunch of nukes and throwing them into the sun. That's some Injustice Supes level of political interference. Like stopping the two nukes is one thing, but taking them all?

Kara just destroyed the embodiment of hope...that is totally going to come back and bite her, right?

It just occurred to me- William has become the new Jimmy Olsen for this show. Pals with a Super, and constantly getting kidnapped.

I read this in a recap, so forgive me if I'm wrong- but isn't the point of passing the gauntlet to get the totems so that the totems will ONLY work for the winner? So if Kara just gave them to Nyxly after winning them, wouldn't they NOT work?

Also, by destroying one- on one hand, you'd never see it coming. On the other, the past- what, three or four episodes where in essence all for nothing now?

Less Injustice Supes, more Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. All we need now is a scene of Lex going to Kaznia and Corto Maltese and offering to sell them nukes.

Well, she's the Paragon of Hope. It stands to reason she could essentially become a living totem, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Maybe but I can't think of a time where they made a major character LGBT in one medium but didn't make them in the comics. Even Nico came out as bi in the comics like a week after she did in the Runaways tv show. And if something that big were in the cards it'd have leaked like the Jon news did
    You know, there were times that I felt that the only reason there was a Supergirl comic was because they felt obligated to make one. But I rarely ever felt like DC had any genuine affection for the character. She was created, killed, had several other iterations brought in before coming back, and then her past was constantly being re-written. Remember when she had sunstone crystals that would come out of her body? The New 52 reboot didn't do her any favors, with one terrible storyline after another (H'ell, anyone?). Even when they tried to bring her character more in line with the tv show, we still were left with a lot of hanging threads (Eliza being a part of Leviathan).

It just feels like, every few years, they want to do something with the character. And they do bring in some writers who seem to genuinely care. And I'm sure if a writer wanted to make her Bi, they would. I guess no one's gotten around to that, yet.

It just occurred to me- William has become the new Jimmy Olsen for this show. Pals with a Super, and constantly getting kidnapped.
    I think he's like Lois Lane without being a love interest. But I guess he's like Jimmy also in terms of being the token normal, except without being forced into a costume.
    I read this in a recap, so forgive me if I'm wrong- but isn't the point of passing the gauntlet to get the totems so that the totems will ONLY work for the winner? So if Kara just gave them to Nyxly after winning them, wouldn't they NOT work?

Also, by destroying one- on one hand, you'd never see it coming. On the other, the past- what, three or four episodes where in essence all for nothing now?
    I can't keep track of how these totems work at this point.
    Less Injustice Supes, more Superman IV: The Quest For Peace. All we need now is a scene of Lex going to Kaznia and Corto Maltese and offering to sell them nukes.
    I mean, Lex could pretty easily spin this against the Super Friends.
    Well, she's the Paragon of Hope. It stands to reason she could essentially become a living totem, or something like that.
    I guess, it just seemed very sudden.
    You know, there were times that I felt that the only reason there was a Supergirl comic was because they felt obligated to make one. But I rarely ever felt like DC had any genuine affection for the character. She was created, killed, had several other iterations brought in before coming back, and then her past was constantly being re-written. Remember when she had sunstone crystals that would come out of her body? The New 52 reboot didn't do her any favors, with one terrible storyline after another (H'ell, anyone?). Even when they tried to bring her character more in line with the tv show, we still were left with a lot of hanging threads (Eliza being a part of Leviathan).
    Not to mention all the times they turn her evil.

I loved everyone putting so much thought and effort into Esme's room, but her using J'onn's power and phasing through the wall should've been a bigger scare moment. As soon as they realized what she could do, they should've had Kara leave because sudden heat vision could've done a lot of damage. I wasn't a fan of the super hearing training either, they were clearly causing her a lot of stress. At least take her out into the woods away from people if you wanted her to only hear nice things.

So this totem was based in Greek mythology. I'm surprised they actually went through with destroying it, but that was kind of smart on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Early in the episode Supergirl told the audience that she was forbidden to interfere in human history. Well, technically when she
    does anything, that is interfering. It seemed more than a little bit of a cop out.
    Has that even come up in the show before? I guess what she means is she isn't going to do anything on a wide scale range to change the course of human history so she will allow them to make decisions for themselves. But "interfere" is too broad a word.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Then they should have called it The JSA instead. It's not like it had to be named after a single character.
    Geoff Johns may've wanted it that way. The name "JSA" or "Justice Society of America" might be reserved for another show or movie. "Stargirl", "Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.", or even "Infinity Inc" would work for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Did they make comics Larry Trainor gay? Or Barbara Kean bi?
    Last edited by 90'sCartoonMan; 10-16-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Geoff Johns may've wanted it that way. The name "JSA" or "Justice Society of America" might be reserved for another show or movie. "Stargirl", "Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.", or even "Infinity Inc" would work for the show.
    Maybe they are anticipating a spin off from Black Adam.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Agreed. Anything to show the program isn't single-character driven would be preferable, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed. Anything to show the program isn't single-character driven would be preferable, IMO.
    At this point, though, it may just be tradition to name the show after a single character. After all, the only show in the Arrowverse not named after one character is Legends, and that's because Legends was a dumping ground for secondary characters they wanted to continue, but couldn't get a show of their own.

Mighty Member

Looks like Kara's days as a reporter are officially done for.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Looks like Kara's days as a reporter are officially done for.
    Makes sense, honestly. You cannot stretch yourself so thin if you are Supergirl......

It also made sense for Nia to not just magically forgive Maeve, after all the pain she caused towards her.

Also, Lex calls Nyxly the "love of his life" in the promo for the next episode. Yeah, right

I don't know if giving a woman an AI based around her own memories and personality is romantic or creepy. Does Nyxly enjoy talking to herself? I'm not sure. And Lex needed the Dream Totem to pop up, why...?

Apparently there were no consequences to destroying the Hope totem or the Super Friends taking out all those nukes. I'm honestly surprised they're not international fugitives.

I have to admit this is probably the most reasonable and honest Andrea has been as head of CatCo. Like, yeah, she was sensationalizing Kara's interview but at the same time she helped Kara snag another interview and gave her as many chances as she could, and then it turns out Andrea had been giving her pass after pass for her flakiness because of Kara's kills as a reporter.

So where did Maeve come up with her last name as a professor? Is it completely fake? It doesn't seem like she used like a maiden name or her middle name otherwise you'd think Nia would have recognized it.

Brainy's been green this whole time because they don't want William to see his human face? Not that I mind, but I feel like he doesn't have much of a secret identity to where it would matter. I guess I appreciate more green Brainy though.

I think that's the most of J'onn in his Martian form we've gotten all season. I'm just not sure why though. Was it easier to CG it? Even Esme's picture of him had him in his costume in human form.

William bringing the human, day-to-day, perspective the Super Friends are lacking. And honestly it feels more genuine than Kelly because he at least understands both sides and the Super Friends don't come across like uninformed robots.

Kara's life is spiraling out of control. She can barely make time as a reporter, she's stretched thin as Supergirl, her heroism is starting to backfire because the public is turning on/questioning her...it's no surprise something finally gave, and it turned out to be Kara Danvers. But will just being Supergirl fix that issue?

I guess the show is finally tackling Superheroes unilaterally doing stuff without any permission even when they feel they have to and the public response to it. I'm not sure if they'll be able to come to a satisfying conclusion on it.

Yeah, Maeve really didn't give Nia much reason to forgive her and basically screwed them out of getting the Dream Totem because it was still all about Maeave and her own pain. But at the end of the day Nia would rather her have her sister in her life than not. She better not screw up this last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Makes sense, honestly. You cannot stretch yourself so thin if you are Supergirl......
    And yet Clark managed for years. And only stopped because he was fired.

There are a LOT of pissed off people on Twitter over this, and maybe deservedly so. It does seem to be disrespectful to the character to say she can't be Supergirl and Kara Danvers (something they've explored before in Season 3). To me, it feels like they really are clearing the deck and positioning Kara to be able to leave with Mon El at the end of the finale without having a bunch of ties to the present. Alex is getting married and has a daughter. There are a large group of heroes still there to protect the city. She may or may not exist in the Superman and Lois continuity.

And yet Clark managed for years. And only stopped because he was fired.

There are a LOT of pissed off people on Twitter over this, and maybe deservedly so. It does seem to be disrespectful to the character to say she can't be Supergirl and Kara Danvers (something they've explored before in Season 3). To me, it feels like they really are clearing the deck and positioning Kara to be able to leave with Mon El at the end of the finale without having a bunch of ties to the present. Alex is getting married and has a daughter. There are a large group of heroes still there to protect the city. She may or may not exist in the Superman and Lois continuity.
    I think part of it is, like she said, that she just came back from the Phantom Zone and she's felt discombobulated and out of sorts while things seem more heated than ever that she just can't keep going.

I guess it does seem sudden for the season-long arc of the show to conflict with her career now of all times.

Incredible Member

After being so enthusiastic about Esme she disappears for this episode, as does Kelly. I
    didn't mind it that much, but the energy of all that parenting then nothing felt odd. It was
    fun to see Brainy in the kitchen, continuing his focus on healthy eating. I'm not sure what
    else Brainy can do with green vegetables -- green beans must be next.

The theme of secret identity loomed large. I didn't mind Kara quitting her job, although it
    felt contrived. I mean everyone knows the show is ending. Besides, Supergirl has had multiple
    jobs throughout her career, she has never been tied to journalism the way Clark has.

There were also lots of speeches. I mean lots of speeches. Nia's one was perhaps the most
    powerful. I still don't get what the deal is with the totems. What makes something of a totem?
    Why do we care about them, what happens when the totem that unites them all is put together?
    It just never gets explained very well. The remaining totems were hidden, so we had this
    totem that was well never explained.

Now for some brief comments about Maeve's office. I know this is only something that will bother an
    academic. But her office was way too elaborate, most ordinary professors deal with much less space.
    Her office hours were also way too long. No one expects professors to be in their office two and a half
    hours every day. Even at small colleges. Students never show up during office hours anyway. About the
    only time they come will be during the very end of the semester. You know when final exams are about to
    come due. The bit with Maeve pointing out all the books was also over the top. Yes, academics have books,
    but every book worth knowing would be in libraries.

Lex Luthor showing up at the end was frankly nice to see. it is the one time in my life I've been happy to see Lex.
    Yes, let's pep things up around here, we don't have to keep puttering around week to week.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-21-2021 at 10:50 AM.