Page 302 of 312 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 4,516 to 4,530 of 4668

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Good catch. What was it The Monitor said when he explained why he gave that book to Dr Destiny (or whatever he was called) .... he's testing worlds, or preparing them for the Crisis...?
    Or this show is combining Leviathan and Intergang and this is Apokoliptian tech.

Have they even mentioned the idea of J'onn reading Andrea's mind to figure out what she's up to? I know J'onn has had moral issues with that kind of thing, but y'know... he's not exactly a saint and we all know it now.
    I did immediately think of Intergang/Apokolips.

J'onn's powers are like Kara's. Too convenient for the plot to remember to use them most of the time .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I did immediately think of Intergang/Apokolips.

J'onn's powers are like Kara's. Too convenient for the plot to remember to use them most of the time .
    Intergang has been mentioned a time or two. Intergang was the big threat on Lois & Clark, but doesn't seem to be much of a problem anymore. I guess Superman took most of them down before
    Supergirl came onto the scene.

One thunderclap from Kara would end 90% of her fights. I am guessing it will turn out Rojas is using Obsidian technology to protect her mind.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Intergang has been mentioned a time or two. Intergang was the big threat on Lois & Clark, but doesn't seem to be much of a problem anymore. I guess Superman took most of them down before
    Supergirl came onto the scene.

One thunderclap from Kara would end 90% of her fights. I am guessing it will turn out Rojas is using Obsidian technology to protect her mind.
    Yeah. I can't recall the episode or some of the context, but I recall that a episode during the past couple of seasons mentioned Bruno Manheim was already in prison.

That was cool seeing Phil LaMarr as Malefic after having heard him previously! Was one of Lena's pets a Daxamite creature? Would something like that be as strong as Krypto since it's on Earth?

Is it too much to ask that LaMarr stick around for Crisis? Maybe meet Diggle ?
    Now there's a thought! This is kind of our last chance at a this Earth's John Stewart reveal (I mean, moreso than in Elseworlds).

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I knew someone would bring this up. But Rip Roar only has four arms. So technically he would be Doc Quad.
    Doc Hex. Gotta count those legs as appendages.

Dreamer's powers are ending up like that too. How did she do that thing with the wave?

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    Yeah. I can't recall the episode or some of the context, but I recall that a episode during the past couple of seasons mentioned Bruno Manheim was already in prison.
    He was named as an accomplice of Lex's.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Dreamer's powers are ending up like that too. How did she do that thing with the wave?
    I suspect "dream power" alters reality or something.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Good flashback episode.

Hey Alex, instead of threatening to 'light up' an enemy if she touches a prisoner, why don't you just 'light up' the enemy that just breached your base and assaulted your troops?

This does a lot to explain Lena's reaction to Kara's betrayal. Still doesn't excuse what she is doing, and I hope they throw her ass in a cell next week.

So is Leviathan a retirement community for evil people?

I'm assuming that Andrea never killed anyone before. By using the medallion, does that give her extra skills along with teleportation?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-10-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Kara's hair looked kinda off this episode, much brighter than usual.

Also, by now I think it is safe to call Lena a supervillain. Threatening to force her friends lover to cut his own throat, thats a pretty new low.

It's really starting to feel like they are going out of their way to make Lena villainous and unlikable, probably to squash any hope the shippers have of Kara and Lena getting together. Her villainy is so over the top it borders on ridiculous.

As for Kara's hair- I really hate the bangs. Not only is it unflattering, quite frankly it makes her human disguise even weaker now that Kara and Supergirl share the same hairstyle. At least before she could pull it back into a ponytail to change how her hair looked.

Hell, she had to tell Lena this year, because if Lena couldn't put two and two together by just the haircut, there was no hope for her.

Something just occured to me- Leviathan press ganged and then killed Rip Roar because he saw the medallion. But not only did Lena also see the medallion, but Andrea was wearing it out in public. And Lena had a drawing of it in her journal. So why was Rip Roar enslaved and later killed just for looking at it, when probably dozens of people (and especially Lena) have seen it as well?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-11-2019 at 08:38 AM.

I’m still not sure about Lena going full on villain, but I sort of understand why she’s felt betrayed by people she trusted twice. But when did Lena figure out eve was part of leviathan? And what exactly is leviathan, anyway? Andrea, on the other hand is starting to annoy me with the good person forced into being bad trope they tried with reign and Samantha. Didn’t like it then either.
    Last edited by protege; 11-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm still not buying supervillain Lena based on that betrayal nonsense. Every time I hear her whining about that, I just have to roll my eyes.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I liked the references to past seasons. Lord Industries, Myriad, Superman and Supergirl saving Lena. Cat Grant being appointed press secretary. I am guessing they used footage of Lex Luthor left in the cutting room
    but it was nice they brought back Rahul Kohli to play Jack Spheer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm still not buying supervillain Lena based on that betrayal nonsense. Every time I hear her whining about that, I just have to roll my eyes.
    I know, seems like they afe just grasping for her villain motivations.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I know, seems like they afe just grasping for her villain motivations.
    Agreed. For someone who was looking to redeem the Luthor name and NOT follow in the family footsteps, she has done over the past 6 episodes:

* Talked a former friend into buying CatCo, with the intention of using them to out Kara's identity to the world, which could very well result in the death of Eliza Danvers (Alex is a harder target).

* Had a woman abducted, mapped her brain, then downloaded an artificial intelligence into said brain, possibly destroying Eve's personality in the process

* Manipulated Kara into stealing her brother's journals so that she could create a mind control device

* Tampered with the Phantom Zone projector so that it would send Malefak to her lab, instead of back into prison where he belonged

* Manipulated him into helping her create her own inception device

* Used said device on Malefak to keep him there

* Used said device on the DEO to allow Andrea to rescue her boyfriend, which could have resulted in the death of Alex and J'onn

* Used said device on Rip Roar to force Andrea to hand over the amulet, which now has no true purpose to Lena other than spite

* Manipulated Kara AGAIN to keep her away from the DEO while Andrea rescued her boyfriend

And that's just off the top of my head.

And all because Kara didn't tell her she was Supergirl, which compounded Andrea's earlier betrayal. Talk about a snowflake...

Incidentally, I'd like to think that when Kara finds out what Lena did she'll throw her into a cell for a while a'la Max Lord, but I know she'll just get all weepy and blame herself for what Lena is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m still not sure about Lena going full on villain, but I sort of understand why she’s felt betrayed by people she trusted twice. But when did Lena figure out eve was part of leviathan? And what exactly is leviathan, anyway? Andrea, on the other hand is starting to annoy me with the good person forced into being bad trope they tried with reign and Samantha. Didn’t like it then either.
    If I remember correctly, Eve mentioned that she was involved in something, but if she told Lena they would kill her and Lena as well.

As for Andrea- this is a different situation. With Sam/Reign, Sam had no control over what Reign did and was forced to take a back seat. I don't even think she had a memory of what Reign was doing. With Andrea, she is fully aware of what she is doing, and has chosen to do it for selfish reasons. Sure, it was to save her life, but as Lena pointed out, if that medallion could have helped her stop Lex sooner, then hundreds or thousands of people would still be alive.

This twist actually makes her more likable to me, and considering what happened to her boyfriend, I'm wondering if maybe she'll turn herself into the DEO next week and spill all of the beans, including Lena's part in it, just to get vengeance for him
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-11-2019 at 03:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Agreed. For someone who was looking to redeem the Luthor name and NOT follow in the family footsteps, she has done over the past 6 episodes:

* Talked a former friend into buying CatCo, with the intention of using them to out Kara's identity to the world, which could very well result in the death of Eliza Danvers (Alex is a harder target).

* Had a woman abducted, mapped her brain, then downloaded an artificial intelligence into said brain, possibly destroying Eve's personality in the process

* Manipulated Kara into stealing her brother's journals so that she could create a mind control device

* Tampered with the Phantom Zone projector so that it would send Malefak to her lab, instead of back into prison where he belonged

* Manipulated him into helping her create her own inception device

* Used said device on Malefak to keep him there

* Used said device on the DEO to allow Andrea to rescue her boyfriend, which could have resulted in the death of Alex and J'onn

* Used said device on Rip Roar to force Andrea to hand over the amulet, which now has no true purpose to Lena other than spite

* Manipulated Kara AGAIN to keep her away from the DEO while Andrea rescued her boyfriend

And that's just off the top of my head.

And all because Kara didn't tell her she was Supergirl, which compounded Andrea's earlier betrayal. Talk about a snowflake...

Incidentally, I'd like to think that when Kara finds out what Lena did she'll throw her into a cell for a while a'la Max Lord, but I know she'll just get all weepy and blame herself for what Lena is doing.

If I remember correctly, Eve mentioned that she was involved in something, but if she told Lena they would kill her and Lena as well.

As for Andrea- this is a different situation. With Sam/Reign, Sam had no control over what Reign did and was forced to take a back seat. I don't even think she had a memory of what Reign was doing. With Andrea, she is fully aware of what she is doing, and has chosen to do it for selfish reasons. Sure, it was to save her life, but as Lena pointed out, if that medallion could have helped her stop Lex sooner, then hundreds or thousands of people would still be alive.

This twist actually makes her more likable to me, and considering what happened to her boyfriend, I'm wondering if maybe she'll turn herself into the DEO next week and spill all of the beans, including Lena's part in it, just to get vengeance for him
    She can't. Her father would instantly be targeted by Leviathan, and her company destroyed.

Anyway, so glad Lena is going full villain. Not only to put a stop to the shippers, but also because, hello, she's a freakin' Luthor!