Page 362 of 374 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 5596
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know, there were times that I felt that the only reason there was a Supergirl comic was because they felt obligated to make one. But I rarely ever felt like DC had any genuine affection for the character. She was created, killed, had several other iterations brought in before coming back, and then her past was constantly being re-written. Remember when she had sunstone crystals that would come out of her body? The New 52 reboot didn't do her any favors, with one terrible storyline after another (H'ell, anyone?). Even when they tried to bring her character more in line with the tv show, we still were left with a lot of hanging threads (Eliza being a part of Leviathan).

It just feels like, every few years, they want to do something with the character. And they do bring in some writers who seem to genuinely care. And I'm sure if a writer wanted to make her Bi, they would. I guess no one's gotten around to that, yet.
    I'm not saying they never could, but if it were imminently happening on TV in 3 weeks it'd have been announced for the comics too

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not saying they never could, but if it were imminently happening on TV in 3 weeks it'd have been announced for the comics too
    I would say at this point the chance of it happening are close to zero.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm glad there wasn't an easy "everything is forgiven" with Nia and Maeve, but...Maeve is kind of right. Why wasn't Nia reading up on things before this?

Kara quitting is probably for the best considering how much CatCo sucks at the moment, but I don't want her to be Supergirl 24/7. She needs something to keep her grounded and tied to humanity as Kara Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'm glad there wasn't an easy "everything is forgiven" with Nia and Maeve, but...Maeve is kind of right. Why wasn't Nia reading up on things before this?

Kara quitting is probably for the best considering how much CatCo sucks at the moment, but I don't want her to be Supergirl 24/7. She needs something to keep her grounded and tied to humanity as Kara Danvers.
    Nia never studied because she never thought she would be the Dreamer. It seems that everyone in the family expected it to be Maeve, even Nia.

Nia never studied because she never thought she would be the Dreamer. It seems that everyone in the family expected it to be Maeve, even Nia.
    I guess it goes to show biology isn't everything.

True enough, but even after she became Dreamer? Couldn't she have been reading up on this stuff this whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    True enough, but even after she became Dreamer? Couldn't she have been reading up on this stuff this whole time?
    It sounded like Maeve took all the books for herself, or she had them to begin with.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally saw last weeks, Dreamscape Giant Nuclear loving monster episode, last night.

Pros
    Martian Manhunter actually has his Martian head.
    More Green Brainy, glad that has been more embraced the last few episodes.
    Kara quits CatCo., this was long overdue.
    Maeve and Nia having a heart-to-heart
    Lex showing up at the end
    No pointless, totally doesn't carry herself well as a hero...Guardian.

Cons
    Kara not trusting others to handle the creature and bailing, twice on her interview
    The Governor, after 5.5 seasons of zany, not trusting Supergirl and Pals to be doing what is best in the public's good?! It didn't even make for good drama.
    Andrea, in all manner of believability, would've likely fired Kara anyway. Yet I'm to believe a top 5, in universe, news/media organizations CEO is talking about giving her a third chance at that interview.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Finally saw last weeks, Dreamscape Giant Nuclear loving monster episode, last night.

Pros
    Martian Manhunter actually has his Martian head.
    To be honest I was starting to think we'd never see it again.

Mighty Member

Nice wedding proposal from Alex.

The episode was fine, but three more weeks? I don't think this storyline is worth being dragged out so long, even with Lex's return. But then par for the course on The CW.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The episode was fine, but three more weeks? I don't think this storyline is worth being dragged out so long, even with Lex's return. But then par for the course on The CW.
    2 more weeks. The final two episodes will air back-to-back on November 9th.

2 more weeks. The final two episodes will air back-to-back on November 9th.
    OK, but still 3 episodes. Maybe it will get resolved in 2 and the finale will be a goodbye?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Nice wedding proposal from Alex.
    At least it makes the "they have a kid" subplot make more sense. I can't think of many adoption agencies that would allow an unmarried couple, one of them technically unemployed, to adopt a kid.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Incredible Member

I thought the episode was OK.

Which for this show has to be considered a modest improvement. Once again we had the formula:
    there is some totem everyone good and bad guys are going to fight over, we have no real idea
    what these totems are about, with a continued suggestion is effort to create the totem that unites them all.

It really could have been a Valentine's Day episode: we have Alex and Kelly each of whom made a wedding
    proposal, Nia and Brainy (Why does Nia never call him Querl?), J'onn's love for his children, plus Lex in love with
    Nyxly.

Minor quibble: How does an unemployed person like Alex afford an elaborate wedding ring? I suppose Kara could have
    made the diamond for her, but still.

Lex really did give the show a little more pep. That said it was bizarre watching Lex run around like a schoolboy in love.
    It goes without saying that we had several speeches about love. Kara even got to give a speech, rather than have
    people lecturing her.