Page 73 of 374 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5596
    Ultimate Member

-Winn and Mon-el burgeoning bromance, I liked it. Also drunk Winn is great.

-Alex looked upset when she met Maggie's GF and they walked off. Oh Alex, you so totally want her (even if you haven't quite figured it out yourself yet). Also Kara's reactions to Alex talking up Maggie were great (I think that Kara might be catching on quicker than Alex did).

-Roulette was fun, and hot. Like really hot.

Yes, that White Martian storyline. But I like the Young Justice version better. She seemd to hide her insecurties under that carefree demeanour and she hid the fact that she was a White Martian from the team. But I love the themes of racism and immigration their focusing on in Supergirl this season.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You could've called this one "Telegraphy" as a lot of things were telegraphed ahead of when they happened.

I picked up a lot of sparks between Mon-El and Win, they make a good couple (don't tell Shadow Lass). His codename should be Mon-El--his real name should be Lar Gand. It was exciting to hear War World mentioned. Could this mean Mongul in the future? Mongul--Mon-El. First time I noticed those names are awfully similar.

James Olsen has totally fallen off the map.
    Mongul could be a way of bringing Kyle Rayner in as Green Lantern. He's the first major supervillain Kyle faces, and is surprised when Kyle's ring doesn't display the previously established weakness to the color yellow (this was back in '94). That same issue also features Superman.

The only CatCo scenes were in Snapper's office, and James agreed to stay out of there. The Mon-El subplot for the next episode looks to be CatCo-centric, and it mentions that James makes an important decision.

It's tangential, but WarWorld was a central part of the most recent storyline of Hal Jorda and the Green Lantern Corps.

Retired

Never likely to happen, but it occurs to me that SUPERGIRL could adapt Jim Starlin's run on DC COMICS PRESENTS from issue 27 - 29, almost as it happened in those comics. They could also do issue 26, if they could use Green Lantern, but that Starlin plot didn't connect with the three other issues that followed. No. 27 features Superman and Martian Manhunter and has the first appearance of Mongul and Warworld, in 28 Superman and Supergirl launch an assault on Warworld to destroy it and in 29, in the aftermath of their actions, Superman pursues the unconscious Supergirl to the end of the universe and encounters the Spectre in the process.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, more serious and less fun Miss Martian is.....kind of a bummer. I would have preferred her to be a bit younger too (miss the red hair as well).

Still, the actress did a good enough job. Wonder how she'll be work out in the rest of the season.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

Not a fan of the whole dumping Jimmy thing just to clear the way for bad-boy Mon-El.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    James Olsen has totally fallen off the map.
    Wait til next week.

Sandy Hausler

Harley Quinn to appear on Kevin Smith directed Supergirl episode.

http://arrowverse.tv/2016/11/01/harl...upergirl-sort/

"Survivors" (S02E04)

This was the first episode of the new season that did felt like they were trying to catch their breath from the earlier pace. It was a bit of a letdown, but this episode did provide some more necessary world-building.

First up, we now officially know the deal with M'gann, aka Miss Martian: she's a White Martian who participated in the genocide of the Green Martians. That guard she was talking about who had a change of heart was clearly herself in the past and the reason she refused the customary mind meld was because she didn't want J'onn to know that secret. The closest analogy I can maybe make is that if a Jewish Concentration camp survivor found himself stranded in a place where the only other "Jewish" person was actually a German woman who worked at those same Nazi concentration camps. Kinda puts a considerable roadblock on an otherwise impending romance, huh?

And before anyone yelps about "but she supposed to be like his niece in the comics!", I refer you to exhibit A: James Olsen (exhibit B would be last season's Vartox). This show consistently does not give two figs about comics history if it gets in the way of the story they want to tell. Also, the actress who plays M'gann (Sharon Leal) is already 44 years old in real life (born 1972), only 6 years younger than David Harewood (currently age 50, who plays J'onn).

Dug the bromance between Mon-El and Wynn, but can I make an observation here? SUPERGIRL has got to have the most same-sex chemistry pairings vs opposite-sex chemistry pairing than any show not airing on Logo.

Kara/Lena: could ship
    Alex/Maggie: ship so hard (can this be ported over to the main Superverse comics, please?)
    Mon-El/Wynn: could ship
    Kara/Cat Grant: could ship
    Kara/Alex: could ship ... hey, they're not blood-related
    James/Snapper: could ship
    James/Wynn: could ship
    Mon-El/Prince Daxam: could ship

Kara/James: don't ship
    Kara/Snapper: don't ship
    Kara/J'onn: don't ship
    Alex/J'onn: don't ship

J'onn/M'gann: ship so hard (esp w/ the Nazi v Jewish allegory)
    Kara/Mon-El: could ship

Kal/anyone: could ship (yeah, Tyler was so perfectly cast for this show, that's how off-the-charts his likeability is)

I feel bad for Mehcad Brooks, not just because he has the least chemistry with anyone on the show, male or female, but b/c I didn't even realize he wasn't in this episode until I watched the preview for next week's episode. That's how inconsequential he has become.

Can't believe we got a live-action Draaga and a Warworld mention! That's kinda awesome and it kinda sucks that SUPERGIRL is going to mine all of SuperMAN's best storylines, but hey, when she doesn't have any pre-existing great stories of her own and she's a direct derivative, what can you do?

Didn't like Roulette on SMALLVILLE, still don't care for her here on SUPERGIRL.

Lena shows glimpses of her true Luthor colors? That favor is going to compromise Kara big-time before the season is over. Also, Lena's the adopted, not biological or half-, sister of Lex? Holy crap ... will Lena Luthor be the Harley Quinn of this show? Won't be surprised if her relationship with Lex is revealed to be lot more ... Lannister-esque (#GameOfThrones) than advertised.

Good call on giving Maggie Sawyer a girlfriend here (that was supposed to be Toby Raynes, right?). Alex was clearly frustrated that Maggie was taken. I expect Alex's coming out moment should happen in the next two episodes, tops.

Grade: B

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Mongul could be a way of bringing Kyle Rayner in as Green Lantern. He's the first major supervillain Kyle faces, and is surprised when Kyle's ring doesn't display the previously established weakness to the color yellow (this was back in '94). That same issue also features Superman.

It's tangential, but WarWorld was a central part of the most recent storyline of Hal Jorda and the Green Lantern Corps.
    It would be interesting how they would introduce Mongul and Warworld into the storyline. Now I wonder what would happen if Mongel and Roulette ever meet and would they team-up.

If Melissa Benoist ever want to take a vacation, I think an buddy episode of Winn and Mon-El will work perfectly.

I'm still confused how Maggie Sawyer got invited to the alien fight club. Did Bruce Wayne gave her his invitation?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    It would be interesting how they would introduce Mongul and Warworld into the storyline. Now I wonder what would happen if Mongel and Roulette ever meet and would they team-up.

If Melissa Benoist ever want to take a vacation, I think an buddy episode of Winn and Mon-El will work perfectly.

I'm still confused how Maggie Sawyer got invited to the alien fight club. Did Bruce Wayne gave her his invitation?
    No doubt some sort of Warworld or Mongul storyline is coming sometime.

I wonder how James becoming Guardian will affect the Winn Mon-El bromance? Will we have another love triangle?

Seems like Maggie and Alex just waltzed right in. The bouncer didn't even ask to see an invitation. Maybe happy to have a few more pretty girls in the audience.

Retired

If Mongul does show up, I'll be interested to hear how they pronounce that name. A lot of the names don't sound like how I've always heard them in my head. With Mongul, that might be a good thing--since in my head it sounds just like mongol. But that could confuse people when you don't see it written out (just like Darkseid sounds like dark side). Maybe the name should sound like Mon-Ghoul. Making Mongul's name a mash up of Mon-El and Ra's al Ghul.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Win and Mon-El or Alex and Maggie.

Keeping us guessing on that same sex couple thing.

Seems like it's almost obvious at this point it'll be Alex and Maggie, but Mon-El's flash back sure made it look like he and the Prince were close.

That makes it look like the obvious play to get back to Kara and James.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

So in a city with supergirl and MM, jimmy thinks the city needs him to go around in a bandanna and hoody kicking people?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So in a city with supergirl and MM, jimmy thinks the city needs him to go around in a bandanna and hoody kicking people?
    Most large police departments have a SWAT team to handle a major crisis and beat cops to handle things like muggings and pick-pockets.
    So it would make sense for Supergirl to handle the major villains and Guardian to deal with low level street crime. Even with flight and super speed
    Supergirl can't be every where at once.