Page 256 of 374 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That kind of misses the point. It doesn't make sense that they can shoot lasers from their eyes, or blow a hurricane force wind. If the point is going to rest on what makes sense with Superman or Supergirl, the point is doomed to failure. It's about the story, and what elements make the story interesting.
    That's not an excuse for a poorly executed narrative. Stories have to have internal consistency. The Kryptonians powers work because in the story they do. Fair enough. But then the story says they can travel into space easilupy but don't to survive the death of their planet. That's the kind on in-story inconsistency that jars.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You don't feel any sympathy for him? I can feel some- he was a good, tolerant man, whom bad things just kept happening to until finally, he came around to how his father's point of view. There is something tragic in the fall. That being said, I lost all sympathy for him when he beat the foreman to death after firebombing the Nth metal plant.
    To an extent, I did. That said, I lost what little sympathy I had for him when he chose to hate and attack innocent people who had absolutely nothing to do with his any of his hardships (that's what the nazis did). But I guess that's one of the many things that seperates the good people from the bad people - choosing to help instead of hate.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Which itself makes little sense, considering they can build space faring vehicles the size of Fort Rozz. Launching more with evacuees should have been no more difficult for the Kryptonians than us launching aircraft off a runway.

Even if 99.999% of the population perished, from billions of people that would mean thousands of survivors. It makes little sense that only two would have escaped.
    Which is probably why the narrative of Krypton as isolationist means there being few rockets to get off planet make more sense.

Although usually the only other Kryptonian survivors are on Kandor and their survival is explained through Brainiac grabbing the city before the explosion.

Mighty Member

Loved the Beebo cameo.

A little stream of consciousness thought for tonight's episode...

Just had a thought- doesn't Kara also have a Legion ring? Couldn't that have filtered the Kryptonite out?

Another thought- you'd think the Legion would have found a way to cure the supers of their weakness to Kryptonite, like they cured Mon-El of his weakness to lead.

Hey, is that the same Helgamite from season 1? And did he just kill the Graves?

I'm shocked they cleared the atmosphere so fast. I would have thought she'd stay in the suit for 2 or 3 episodes. Also, loved the Iron Man HUD.

Also loving Manchester Black. I know he's a villain in the comics; I hope he's more of an anti-hero on the show.

Nice to see they took the time to show how Red Kara survived.

Holy.. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn called; they want their Parasite back.

Wow. So J'onn was the head of the DEO for years, and in that time there were 2 attempts by rogue Kryptonians to take over the planet and a full-on alien invasion from the Daxamites to take the planet, a mind control device that was turned to 11 to melt every human's brain, and nothing happens to him. Alex is in charge for a cup of coffee and has to deal with some human terrorists (with DEO defectors) breaking into the desert base (nice to see that back), and then mind control some aliens to attack a police station and a county fair, and all of the sudden because Supegirl (is she getting paid by the DEO? I always thought she was an independent contractor) does her job, they send in government oversight? That's just bad on so many levels.

Also, what are the odds on the president being controlled?

Astonishing Member

A little stream of consciousness thought for tonight's episode...

And did he just kill the Graves?
    An interesting question. Part of me wonders if they'll have survived and be turned into cyborgs.

I'm shocked they cleared the atmosphere so fast. I would have thought she'd stay in the suit for 2 or 3 episodes. Also, loved the Iron Man HUD.
    I'm actually surprised it too them so long to have a fix. It's usually easy to get rid of in one way or another. But yeah would've been interesting to see her have to deal with the suit.

Also loving Manchester Black. I know he's a villain in the comics; I hope he's more of an anti-hero on the show.
    Yeah he's actually a bit too likable here. Short of him getting all murdery on every day folks who have no anti alien prejudices I'm not sure I can feel bad for him reacting to his fiancees murder.

That was a genuine surprise. I figured they'd write it off that she was underground/the atmosphere there wasn't contaminated. Surprised to see Russia have tech made to protect her specifically seemingly.

I'm surprised we're getting something more of a normal Parasite here.

Wow. So J'onn was the head of the DEO for years, and in that time there were 2 attempts by rogue Kryptonians to take over the planet and a full-on alien invasion from the Daxamites to take the planet, a mind control device that was turned to 11 to melt every human's brain, and nothing happens to him. Alex is in charge for a cup of coffee and has to deal with some human terrorists (with DEO defectors) breaking into the desert base (nice to see that back), and then mind control some aliens to attack a police station and a county fair, and all of the sudden because Supegirl (is she getting paid by the DEO? I always thought she was an independent contractor) does her job, they send in government oversight? That's just bad on so many levels.
    Well if nothing else changed it would be. Pretty obvious they're playing up the government cut throatness that's all around the US right now. Al the anti-alien government folks aiming to rein in any "sympathizers" and limit their ability to help people err aliens.

Yeah I know Alex is just getting emotional again... but I was like...Supergirl just volunteers. Last I heard she isn't paid by the DEO and they don't "allow" or control her actions.

Also I wonder if the toxic Kryptonite cloud was supposed to be a literal metaphor on "toxic environments" between ideologies right now.

Hey, is that the same Helgamite from season 1? And did he just kill the Graves?
    I don't think it was the same actor. Besides Alex kiiled that Helgamite. And I don't think they can regenerate themselves.
    Surprised they killed off the Graves so soon. I thought they were more of the season bads along with Agent Liberty. But sort of happy surprise.
    I hate season long villains. I'm talking to you, Diaz. Better to get a few weeks of one and then move on to someone else.

After all the hoopla and speculation about the suit before the season started, sort of surprised it seems to be only a one episode thing.

I liked that too. These shows have a tendency to skip over details so we have to imagine what happened.

They blew their chance back in season two, where the parasite crawled out of Rudy Jones's mouth and into his ear.

Also, what are the odds on the president being controlled?
    He's a white male in a position of power, of course he is going to be evil.

Is Superman dead on this Earth because, as far as I know, he's vulnerable to Kryptonite, too.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I don't think it was the same actor. Besides Alex kiiled that Helgamite. And I don't think they can regenerate themselves.
    Surprised they killed off the Graves so soon. I thought they were more of the season bads along with Agent Liberty. But sort of happy surprise.
    I hate season long villains. I'm talking to you, Diaz. Better to get a few weeks of one and then move on to someone else.

After all the hoopla and speculation about the suit before the season started, sort of surprised it seems to be only a one episode thing.

I liked that too. These shows have a tendency to skip over details so we have to imagine what happened.

They blew their chance back in season two, where the parasite crawled out of Rudy Jones's mouth and into his ear.

He's played by Bruce Boxleitner he could nuke Earth 38 and I'd be like "Worth It"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Is Superman dead on this Earth because, as far as I know, he's vulnerable to Kryptonite, too.

Sandy Hausler
    Probably off world.

The Graves' deaths felt very anti-climatic.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    No matter what he does, he would still be better than our current POTUS.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

You know what's really weird, they're bringing this armored Supergirl that was around for a grand total of one episode to the Injustice 2 Mobile game as a new playable character. Talk about really pushing something that was, I assume, mostly a way allow Melissa Benoist to get some off time after starring on broadway all summer.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Graves' deaths felt very anti-climatic.
    They kinda sucked so I don't care but I do wonder if there's not more going on here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    He's played by Bruce Boxleitner he could nuke Earth 38 and I'd be like "Worth It"

Probably off world.
    It was stated in the premier that he was off world visiting Argo.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    They kinda sucked so I don't care but I do wonder if there's not more going on here.
    I liked Otis. He was big dumb fun. You can tell the actor was having a good time. Real shame he won't be around to play sidekick to Lex.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."