Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
All Kara does in this show is explore her feelings and emotions.

As to why she acted like this here- first, this isn't the first time she's seen her mother die. Maybe she's in denial and doesn't believe she's truly gone. Maybe she can accept it more easily because she spent years believing her mother was dead, and considers the time they had together again a gift. Or maybe she's just internalizing everything at this moment, and she'll break down later. It's important to note that all of this happened in the span of a few hours; Kal was more emotional as a new father who's son (and then wife) were out in the unknown where he couldn't protect them. Kara, meanwhile, has had a world-threatening crisis to deal with every year for the past 4 years, so she may have been able to better compartmentalize her feelings. Also, we have yet to see the full aftermath of Kara loosing her second home; they could be saving that for later in the Crisis, or later in her season.

I should also note that, as of now, we only know that 3 billion people were saved. But we don't know if Eliza, James, Jeremiah, or anyone else they were closed to made it off the planet. And since Earth 38 was wiped from existence, so too was it's future, which means the Legion (and Mon-El, and Winn) are most likely dead. I suspect we may explore that at some point as well.
I think it's important to note that Kara experienced Krypton's destruction differently then Clark did, because she was actually raised there, and had time to process and deal with the loss differently then he did. So I don't think it's so much that she's a cipher so much as she's bringing her own perspective into things to help Clark.

I think the shows have an issue of treating Clark too much like a supporting character to Kara, but I can emphasize with what Clark was feeling at the time.

I think anyone who didn't get evacuated will be restored once the Earths merge.