Page 102 of 374 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 5596
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like we have to have the Danvers' sister mention binge-watching some relatively recent popular show every episode .

Whoever said a person is 10x cuter when they're in love was absolutely right, at least until Alex let her high-strung emotions and paranoia get the best of her and try and break things off. Good thing Maggie is willing to forgive...

Winn calling out Jimmy felt deserved, given so often it feels like Jimmy only talks to or deals with Winn when it can help his vigilante work as Guardian.

Mon-El makes a good counterpoint to Kara with his more practical and pragmatic stance compared to her more idealistic and determined nature. They can really compliment each other quite well .

I was kinda hoping they'd try and differentiate the Earth-38 Dominators from the Earth-1 versions, but I guess that was too much to hope for. And we also get another tease to the Thanagarians.

That was a very quick and easy breakout.

I really hope that was an unmanned spaceship Kara blew up with her Heat Vision...they seem to have become a lot looser with her no-kill rule this season .

So...Roulette should now be a wanted woman on Earth, right? All those people can testify that she helped kidnap them. Is she just going to stick around on that slave-trading planet rather then go back and risk arrest?

And Maggie just casually figured out Kara is Supergirl because of course she does (though I had a feeling she'd figure it out from Alex's seeing how close Alex is to Supergirl), and apparently was immune to the effect of the glasses for some reason.

I think this is the first time we've seen Snapper's "mask" fall off, as we see that in-spite of his cynical and professional demeanor, not to mention how obnoxious he can be to Kara, he's been subtly pushing her to follow her heart and follow through with the stories that matter. And there's one thing that differentiates him from Perry...he doesn't mind being called "Chief."

It's going to be interesting to see what Mon-El's Superhero identity shapes up into. Will they adapt his comic costume? One of his Legion looks? Will he go by Valor as his codename? Will he continue his secret identity as a mild-mannered bartender who doesn't even know what he's serving?

Yeah, it's looking likely that Mon-El is actually the prince of Daxam who he claimed saved him. We have a Dominator bowing to him and Mon-El saying the prince was "not someone to be admired," which doesn't really fit with his original cover story or how he should regard the Prince. Not to mention, if he didn't support his planet's slavery practices, it would be an even bigger deal if he was a member of the royal family that propagated it.
    I think that it was more Alex's freakout that sold her on it myself (the only other person that causes Alex to react like that is Kara). And the glasses were just icing on the proverbial cake. Also Maggie is a detective, who likes to hang out in an alien bar. She'd be pretty dumb NOT to figure it out imo.

It also gives me hope that Cat and Lena might have figured it out as well.

Ultimate Member

It depends on the how and when as to whether it's forced or not, like I said anything between Kara and Winn is a slow burn romance that takes time to develop and come to fruition...and so far it seems that they're giving it the time and not rushing into it like all of the other pairings on the show...

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I have never understood the Felicity hate, not even a little bit.
    Me neither. She's my favorite character on the show.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Except that he's done nothing like Felicity did with Oliver, they didn't put Winn and Kara together and rush them into getting engaged to the point where he was everything to her and he was overly emotional and all, if anything between the two they'll pull the slow burn pairing that in the end he's the only guy that's always been there for her, never cared whether she was Kara or Supergirl without the foreknowledge that she had powers like Jimmy did for starters...
    I think of Felicity as the tech person to Team Arrow. Win is the tech person of Team Supergirl. And he did have a crush on her. But that was nipped in the bud.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

I don't think that it was nipped in anything, he still has those feelings for her he's just not so open about them as he once was, though there was more than just friendly concern that she showed when she found out that Alex had brought him along on the mission, no not really love right now but Kara seemed to view Winn as someone that she had to keep safe, someone that was off limits to being put in danger by anyone, kind of like her mother, that Kara was scared that something would happen to him, and not because he's the tech guy, besides Alex and her mother already like him and so far he has the least chance of being a guy that tries to match Kara with his bravado. In other words he's not going to try to tell her what to do out of anything besides concern for her well being...

Ultimate Member

For me it's was that pretty much everything that I liked about Felicity, and that I found charming about her and Oliver's dynamic, was thrown right out the window once they actually hooked up. And I say this as someone who was ok with the idea of them doing so.

These writers just don't do main romances very well most of the time (although they're better at romances between supporting character TBF).

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that it was more Alex's freakout that sold her on it myself (the only other person that causes Alex to react like that is Kara). And the glasses were just icing on the proverbial cake. Also Maggie is a detective, who likes to hang out in an alien bar. She'd be pretty dumb NOT to figure it out imo.
    Anyone remember "Pusher" from THE X-FILES? With the guy who says "Cerulean blue"--kind of like "These aren't the droids you're looking for." I don't believe anybody sees that Kara is Supergirl. It's like looking for your keys and not finding them. But then you look and the keys are right there--your mind just wouldn't let you see them before. That's what happens--once people wake up to the truth, then it's obvious. But Maggie literally could not see it before. And her comment about the glasses is just her covering up for her previous stupidity with humour. It's only because of Alex, that the spell is broken for Maggie and the truth becomes clear to her. Even when Kara has her glasses off, people don't see the truth--so it's not the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I hate the bisexual erasure going on over on Legends of Tomorrow. But that doesn't seem to be what's happening here. There is no real previous sexuality to retcon with Alex.
    The alex\max fans would disagree. For me though I don’t think it is helping the issue because it does focus on the whole “coming out as gay” and it’s a storyline given a lot of time on a supporting character and not on the lead. Fans will ship what they want for example I’m on board with Alex\Maggie and Kara\Lena because I like the four characters and the chemistry between them however I also liked the back and forth that Alex had with Maxwell Lord and because of a decision I can’t do that without getting hassle. As I said before I think I’m seeing a trend in which you have to be gay or straight the only example where that wasn’t the cause is the example of Pure Genuis which I think should be the template, if the performers have good romantic chemistry pull the trigger and make it a relationship if not then don’t.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    You are not the only one hating what is happening over on Legends of Tomorrow. Google "Sara Lance bisexual erasure" and #SaraLanceIsBisexual". There are a lot of us angry about Sara's bisexuality being erased.
    Thanks Michael I thought I was going crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Some bisexuals are willing to have long-term monogamous relationships. So they will appear to be either homosexual or heterosexual exclusively, for the duration of that monogamous relationship.
    Except that’s not what happened if that’s what happened then that would be fine however they ignored the Oliver\Sara relationship which was ended for a stupid reason imo. After the Lazarus pit she didn’t feel anything the man she was in love with didn’t have any effect but a woman causes her to run because she feels something and after that in season 2 she was sent to Salem which had men and women and who did she corrupt only the women, which is basically what’s the point in keeping her bi and then of course in the Arrow crossover she says she prefers girls which is another nail in the coffin of Sara’s bisexuality.
    Truth is the best policy

Of all things, my suspension of disbelief is tested with Alex. They seem to forget that they showed us Alex as a lush partygirl, presumably early 20s, since she's "almost 30". I remember that time being a point of sexual exploration, especially with lowered inhibitions and a lack of fear with taboo. Don't want to generalize, but her having not once questioned her sexuality seems bizarre. And as seen with Maggie (Renee, grrrr) "sleeping over", there wasn't an implication of sexual disfunction. Dumb thing to get hung up on? Sure. But a shift to lesbianism feels like it deserves a bit more of an honest turn.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 01-25-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

This episode amused me a bit.

Guess the cloaked aliens weren't this universe's Dominators. A shame but alright. Wonder who they are then.

The implication though with the Dominator knowing Mon-El was a bit odd to me. Particularly given the whole slave trade connection. Does that mean Mon-El was not only the Prince (pretty much inevitable now) but also part of the ones behind the slave trade that occurred on Daxam as well? Kinda hard to walk away/back from that. Guess the cloaked aliens could be folks seeking revenge on Mon-El for said slave trade? IE former slaves?

It also shines a negative light on Daxam, which before seemed to be just party central rather than actually BAD. Hmmm...

Well, to be fair, they've explored the cracks in Kryptonians too. Showing Daxamites as flawed makes sense, as we're referring to a royal based lineage species that had an entire planet for presumably centuries. One of my favorite reads is Byrne's World of Krypton. The history and scope he lays out illustrated the inevitable rise and fall of the dominant species of a planet. I'm sure when all is written on our time, we won't be able to shake things like The Crusades, World Wars, the Holocaust etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Of all things, my suspension of disbelief is tested with Alex. They seem to forget that they showed us Alex as a lush partygirl, presumably early 20s, since she's "almost 30". I remember that time being a point of sexual exploration, especially with lowered inhibitions and a lack of fear with taboo. Don't want to generalize, but her having not once questioned her sexuality seems bizarre. And as seen with Maggie (Renee, grrrr) "sleeping over", there wasn't an implication of sexual disfunction. Dumb thing to get hung up on? Sure. But a shift to lesbianism feels like it deserves a bit more of an honest turn.
    Not really, it happens. I've heard may a case of it. Heck people FAR older than Alex is meant to be only start to realize their sexuality. It's basically a case of things "clicking" at the right place at the right time. Its very realistic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The implication though with the Dominator knowing Mon-El was a bit odd to me. Particularly given the whole slave trade connection. Does that mean Mon-El was not only the Prince (pretty much inevitable now) but also part of the ones behind the slave trade that occurred on Daxam as well? Kinda hard to walk away/back from that. Guess the cloaked aliens could be folks seeking revenge on Mon-El for said slave trade? IE former slaves?
    Mon-El is obviously the prince.
    Princes generally don't get to do a lot until such time they level up and become kings. I mean, does Mon-El strike you as the kind of person involved with gorvernment?

But obviously the Dominators did business with Daxam, possibly slave trade, so it does stand to reason that they recognise the Daxamite heir to the throne.

The cloaked aliens (my guess: Daxamite survivors) seem to be in league with the Dominators (which in itself is enough to suggest they're evil and up to no good, and more likely to be slavers than ex-slaves seeking revenge), and that Dominator bowed to Mon-El. That does not suggest an adversarial relationship.

I'm not saying you can't live to 30 before realizing you're gay. I'm saying the character traits don't lend itself well to having it feel authentic. I actually assumed Alex was gay within the first half of season one. But when and how they explored it rung hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    This episode amused me a bit.

Guess the cloaked aliens weren't this universe's Dominators. A shame but alright. Wonder who they are then.

It also shines a negative light on Daxam, which before seemed to be just party central rather than actually BAD. Hmmm...
    Mon-El said he didn't support Daxam's slave trade, so even if he is the Prince he might very well have been genuine about that. I assume the Dominator recognized him purely for his royal status and not for any direct involvement he may have had in the slave trade.

Kara's been complaining about the Daxamites being hedonistic savages almost non-stop since Mon-El showed up. That they practiced slavery isn't that much of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    I'm not saying you can't live to 30 before realizing you're gay. I'm saying the character traits don't lend itself well to having it feel authentic. I actually assumed Alex was gay within the first half of season one. But when and how they explored it rung hollow.
    Well, I think someone like Alex, who for so much of her life has repressed or had to control her emotions for the sake of her sister and was so focused on her career, would have difficulty with finally allowing herself to have and explore a personal life as she finally, genuinely, fell in love with someone.