Page 293 of 374 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    In cases where these clauses are binding, financially.
    Also it was a three year contract. So why was she claiming no one would be able to work in journalism again. Couldn't they just go back to work as a journalist after three years?
    James could just set up a photography studio, taking wedding pictures and Bar Mitzvahs in the mean time, and go back to work at the Daily Planet after that.

And if National City is an ersatz version of Los Angeles, a non compete clause might be unenforceable

"Although .... California, like several other states, will not recognize non-compete agreements, I am always surprised at how many companies still think that forcing employees to sign these then will prevent them from later
    working for the company’s competitors
    , or setting up a competing business themselves."

"California has even gone so far as to reject the “inevitable disclosure doctrine.” This means that a non-compete cannot even be enforced to prevent someone from taking a job on grounds that the former employer reasonably
    believes that the former employee will use prior confidences as a necessary part of performing his or her job. Instead, businesses must simply wait and see if there is a violation, and then prove, that the former employee has
    actually misappropriated confidential information in his or her new employment."

"The foregoing demonstrates that California’s position is crystal clear: except in a few, very limited, circumstances summarized below, a non-compete agreement will not be enforced."

So if National City is in the Earth-38 version of California, lots of luck to Andrea trying to enforce it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/under...b0e5fdf6196f04

Kara's suit is a symbiote? I like her new look, but I'm not a fan of the transformation. Maybe Alex needs something like that since she is so slow to change.

I don't get Brainy's hesitation with Nia if he has so much dating experience. It felt like forced drama just for the sake of drama. Having a drama-free couple is too much to ask, I know, but sheesh.

Lena's story is proof of why her being in a romantic relationship with Kara would diminish her character. If they were a couple and this happened, she would be reduced to scorned lover. In this case, there are more layers to her betrayal. I mean, the story could still go to crap, but it has a lot of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Supergirl is one of those shows I find bad 90% of the time then they'll have an episode or story arc that is really great and it's like WTF why isn't this all the time.
    Guess this is why a lot of shows on cable and Netflix and what have you have half the episode count per season. More room for the good stuff and less padding needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe we'll find out that either Lex or Lillian dosed her with something that's making her embrace her darker impulses. Like a human Red-K.
    Human Red-K? So like...Dope?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Lena's story is proof of why her being in a romantic relationship with Kara would diminish her character. If they were a couple and this happened, she would be reduced to scorned lover. In this case, there are more layers to her betrayal. I mean, the story could still go to crap, but it has a lot of potential.
    What if the show had them become a couple after this betrayal arc was told in full (assuming that Lena was redeemed by the end of it)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What if the show had them become a couple after this betrayal arc was told in full (assuming that Lena was redeemed by the end of it)?
    And what if the show has them as full blown enemies, worse than Lex and Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And what if the show has them as full blown enemies, worse than Lex and Clark?
    They could do that, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Kara's suit is a symbiote? I like her new look, but I'm not a fan of the transformation. Maybe Alex needs something like that since she is so slow to change.
    I took it as more nanotech than a symbiote. But god yes, Alex needs a new (better) suit.

I don't get Brainy's hesitation with Nia if he has so much dating experience. It felt like forced drama just for the sake of drama. Having a drama-free couple is too much to ask, I know, but sheesh.
    He was so hesitant because of what happened at the end of last season, when he was rebooted into Brainiac-1.

Guess this is why a lot of shows on cable and Netflix and what have you have half the episode count per season. More room for the good stuff and less padding needed.
    Explain Legends then. They got half the episodes, and it's gotten progressively worse.

Red Cocaine?

I have seen nothing in this show to say Kara or Lena are lesbian. Both have only had straight relationships. Women can be dear friends without being lesbians.
    Reeks of fanfic to me.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

To me it comes off more as comedy relief. Brainy is the awkward fish out of water character new to our world and learning its ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I have seen nothing in this show to say Kara or Lena are lesbian. Both have only had straight relationships. Women can be dear friends without being lesbians.
    Reeks of fanfic to me.
    We already have a perfectly fine lesbian character in Alex and now we have Kelly. Plus now we have Batwoman. There are straight women in the world and they should have representation too.

Even the Marvel Netflix Shows use to get the comments about being better if an episode or two shorter. I was watching some West Wing and Toby tells Leo replacing Sam isn't easy because there under ten people in the world who can speech write in their League and I think this happened to tv. Also watching the 1st two seasons of Law and Order and they're all good no clunkers 30 years ago 4 Networks, Public television and a handful of Cable and Syndicated Shows so most writing rooms were all the A-Team now with so many Streaming, Cable Networks, and Regular Networks making tv shows regularly most writings rooms are lucky to get one or two great writers and mostly mediocre writers who wouldn't had even gotten hired 30 years ago when the job was more exclusive due to the limited amount of jobs.

Please no one interpret this as a jab against affirmative action or anything like that there is now and was then lots of great minority and female writers who deserve to be there this is just about the abundance of jobs in tv writing now means a lot of mediocrity has risen higher than it would had before with a lot being white dudes.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-11-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

My take:

1. The acting is very, very stiff. The dramatic quality is far inferior in portraying conflict and emotion than many other shows.
    2. Enough with the love life
    3. Stupid plot twists - you leave a ship with antimatter of tremendous risk in a museum. That ship would have been confiscated by the government and taken apart.
    4. Once again, J'onn can't fight his way out of a paper bag. His fight was so poorly choreographed to be slow motion haymakers and kicks.
    5. As pointed out the Catco contract makes no legal sense. A zillion lawyers would leap at challenging it and suing for major damages to the workers.
    6. That Jimmy version was always a mistake.
    7. How come an energy blast that knocks down J'onn and Kara didn't turn Alex into applesauce. Even if her suit has resistance, her head doesn't.
    8. Can't fly straight without a cape, where did that come from? A zillion folks fly just fine without a cape. Go back to flight school.

Picky, picky I know but come on writers, try to be less silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    My take:

1. The acting is very, very stiff. The dramatic quality is far inferior in portraying conflict and emotion than many other shows.
    2. Enough with the love life
    3. Stupid plot twists - you leave a ship with antimatter of tremendous risk in a museum. That ship would have been confiscated by the government and taken apart.
    4. Once again, J'onn can't fight his way out of a paper bag. His fight was so poorly choreographed to be slow motion haymakers and kicks.
    5. As pointed out the Catco contract makes no legal sense. A zillion lawyers would leap at challenging it and suing for major damages to the workers.
    6. That Jimmy version was always a mistake.
    7. How come an energy blast that knocks down J'onn and Kara didn't turn Alex into applesauce. Even if her suit has resistance, her head doesn't.
    8. Can't fly straight without a cape, where did that come from? A zillion folks fly just fine without a cape. Go back to flight school.

Picky, picky I know but come on writers, try to be less silly.
    Answering a few of these:

3.: Yup. While I can see the Government not taking the ship because it was Superman's (and they had already studied both Kara's and Mon El's pod), I have no explanation why Clark didn't empty the gas tank before donating the ship to a museum. That was ri-goddamn-diculous.

7: Good point. Also, for energy that destroys everything it touches, it really didn't destroy anything. Also, if that was the case, then Kara may be invincible and J'onn may be tougher than most, but Alex, Dreamer, Brainy, and James are all still pretty fragile comparatively speaking.

8: That was actually set up in the pilot. Kara went out and chased bank robbers without a cape, and couldn't turn fast enough while flying and plowed into an embankment. That said, she should still be able to fly in a straight line. I can only conclude that the damaged cape was throwing her off.

That being said- everything that cape has been through, and getting bit by a T-Rex was what it took to shred it? Really? It would have made more sense to have Midnight's powers be the cause of the destruction.

This actually makes me angrier the more I think about it, and it just points to how bad the writers are. They had a perfectly reasonable and logical explanation as to why Kara would get a new costume. Instead, they turn it into a comedy bit with a T-Rex shredding the cap and Brainy acting over the top about it.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 10-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Even the Marvel Netflix Shows use to get the comments about being better if an episode or two shorter. I was watching some West Wing and Toby tells Leo replacing Sam isn't easy because there under ten people in the world who can speech write in their League and I think this happened to tv. Also watching the 1st two seasons of Law and Order and they're all good no clunkers 30 years ago 4 Networks, Public television and a handful of Cable and Syndicated Shows so most writing rooms were all the A-Team now with so many Streaming, Cable Networks, and Regular Networks making tv shows regularly most writings rooms are lucky to get one or two great writers and mostly mediocre writers who wouldn't had even gotten hired 30 years ago when the job was more exclusive due to the limited amount of jobs.

Please no one interpret this as a jab against affirmative action or anything like that there is now and was then lots of great minority and female writers who deserve to be there this is just about the abundance of jobs in tv writing now means a lot of mediocrity has risen higher than it would had before with a lot being white dudes.
    Actually, that is an excellent point. I never thought of the fact that, with so many channels looking for so much content, the talent pool for writing them wouldn't be as big.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I took it as more nanotech than a symbiote. But god yes, Alex needs a new (better) suit.

He was so hesitant because of what happened at the end of last season, when he was rebooted into Brainiac-1.

Explain Legends then. They got half the episodes, and it's gotten progressively worse.

Red Cocaine?
    As a sucker for tokusatsu (which has transforming heroes as a time-worn staple), I liked Kara's "henshin" into Supergirl. And yes, judging by Brainy's description, it is more of a nanosuit, similar to what Spider-Man was wearing for most of Spider-Man Unlimited (the cartoon, not the mobile game). On the subject of Kara's relationship with Lena, I'm perfectly fine with them as friends, or as TV Tropes put it, a "Romantic Two-Girl Friendship," kind of the female equivalent of a bromance.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Reeks of fanfic to me.
    Shippers gonna ship. It gets tiresome, yeah. But what can you do?

Astonishing Member

The reason why Kara had to tell Lena was because if they were lovers, when going to the sack and taking off her glasses - oops - instead of sexy undies - there's a super suit. Surprise.

Just being silly.