Page 334 of 374 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5596

What's going to happen to the Arrowverse Justice League now? I kind of feel like we're a long ways away from seeing that team again...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's going to happen to the Arrowverse Justice League now? I kind of feel like we're a long ways away from seeing that team again...
    I'm hoping it will happen in the Superman show where he reassembles (what's left of) the team.(maybe just a special two-parter, rather than a whole crossover thing again) Maybe the new Batwoman would get involved without officially being part of the team. I don't think they've said anything official about the Mia Green Arrow show, but I think they'd let her sit in Ollie's seat, especially if they just have her active as GA, even if she doesn't have a show.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm partial to the ending of her living in the 31st century with Mon-El ending myself.
    Mon-El is married to Saturn Girl in the future.

https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-mon-el...e-saturn-girl/

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

Which is why the thought of Mon-El and Kara together in the future puts a bad taste in my mouth.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Double post.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I remember that headache.

(It still should've been Shadow Lass).

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Her going to the future seems like the easiest way to take her off the table without ruling out her coming back for the occasional crossover.

His marriage to Saturn Girl was political, though they did come to care for one another. However, they changed the future by taking out Pestilence before it could become The Blight. It's possible that the future has changed in such a way that either A) their marriage is no longer necessary, or B) it never actually happened, and as soon as they got back their marriage was erased. Hey, it worked for Spider-Man !

On a side note, both Melissa and Christopher have posted to their Instagrams that their son, Huxley Robert Wood, was born a few weeks ago.

Astonishing Member

I hope we get a Legion spin-off, I need more Brainiac 5 and Saturn Girl needs more time to shine. She didn't really have much depth on Supergirl. I'll miss this show.

Supergirl is always gonna be a painful show for me to remember. After so much potential after that first season, as soon as it hit the CW, it spent the subsequent four years finding numerous ways to depower, nerf and generally sideline it's main character. My enduring memories of the show will be of Melissa's amazing performance being constantly wasted, which just makes the woeful writing all the harder to accept. They had something so special here and for reasons I will never be able to fathom, chose to write a show where the supposed main character was a bystander at best and a victim that needed saving on an all-too-regular basis at worst.

When the highlight of 5+ year TV series happens in the first episode (with Kara saving the plane), and nothing that has happened since has come anywhere close to matching that, then you know something ain't right. I guess all that remains now will be to keep an eye on the new Superman show, and see if Clark suffers the same regular Damsel-in-Distressing that defined Kara's time on the CW.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Supergirl is always gonna be a painful show for me to remember. After so much potential after that first season, as soon as it hit the CW, it spent the subsequent four years finding numerous ways to depower, nerf and generally sideline it's main character. My enduring memories of the show will be of Melissa's amazing performance being constantly wasted, which just makes the woeful writing all the harder to accept. They had something so special here and for reasons I will never be able to fathom, chose to write a show where the supposed main character was a bystander at best and a victim that needed saving on an all-too-regular basis at worst.

When the highlight of 5+ year TV series happens in the first episode (with Kara saving the plane), and nothing that has happened since has come anywhere close to matching that, then you know something ain't right. I guess all that remains now will be to keep an eye on the new Superman show, and see if Clark suffers the same regular Damsel-in-Distressing that defined Kara's time on the CW.
    Isn't that always the problem, though? How do you write a show about a character with god-like powers, and keep any suspense as to if they'll get out of a situation or not? You have to find ways to weaken the character.

I'll agree that her powers have never been consistent, and that she ends up behind the 8-ball more often than not, but I've never thought she came off as weak. Inexperienced, at first. Overmatched at times. But she always pulls through and finds a way to win.

I think what the problem has been is the same problem in ALL of the CW DC shows- they launch a show about a character (Supergirl, Flash, Green Arrow, even Batwoman), but the show ends up being more about the team AROUND the character, and the main character at times gets marginalized in their own show. Sometimes this is necessary (like, say, when an actor is finishing up a commitment on Broadway, or when they have to work the schedules for the crossovers), but it's always noticeable and frustrating.

I will say this about Supergirl ending- I wish it had gone 7 seasons. Ever since Buffy and the Star Trek series of the late 80's to the early 2000's, Ive always felt a successful show should run at least 7 seasons. At the same time, the last two seasons have been hard for me to stay with- season 4 became far too political for my tastes in a time when I really needed to escape from politics, and season 5 was difficult for a number of reasons, between Agent Skinner in that ridiculous outfit, rather lame Big Bads, Evil Lena, Not Another Mind Control Plot, Vanilla William the much-unneeded love interest,and Super Kelly Olsen, who can do everything and do no wrong. Both seasons really screwed up what should have been their primary adversaries (Red Daughter was marginalized and not used to her full potential, and Leviathan... woof. Swing and a miss!), and really the only saving grace for both seasons, beyond the strong acting from pretty much the entire main cast, was the revelation that the perfect Lex Luthor could only be played by... Ducky?

I hope the final season is great. I hope it goes out on a high note. And I hope we end up seeing these characters on other shows, if only because I don't want to say goodbye to them.

Except Kelly and William. They both can piss off.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Isn't that always the problem, though? How do you write a show about a character with god-like powers, and keep any suspense as to if they'll get out of a situation or not? You have to find ways to weaken the character.
    I can totally understand having Supergirl or Superman needing to be not as godlike as their comic book counterparts, but the problem was that she didn't even get herself out of the situation - she didn't fight or figure her way out of tough situations, she was almost always saved by another member of the supporting cast to justify their presence in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can totally understand having Supergirl or Superman needing to be not as godlike as their comic book counterparts, but the problem was that she didn't even get herself out of the situation - she didn't fight or figure her way out of tough situations, she was almost always saved by another member of the supporting cast to justify their presence in the fight.
    And that's what I said is the problem in every show- inevitably, it ends up being more about the supporting players than the main character we all want to see.

That being said, I wonder how we would all enjoy a lone-wolf hero, with no or minimal supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And that's what I said is the problem in every show- inevitably, it ends up being more about the supporting players than the main character we all want to see.

That being said, I wonder how we would all enjoy a lone-wolf hero, with no or minimal supporting cast.
    Daredevil only had Foggy and Karen (and even then, not always), so it can definitely work. Not that Supergirl should have had that small a cast.

It's kind of a CW thing that the main hero constantly needs help or saving from their supporting cast to justify their existence on the show.

I think it was less of a problem in the earlier seasons of Supergirl than it is now but she's not alone on that front. She was more capable in season 1 compared to Barry in season 1 of The Flash, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Daredevil only had Foggy and Karen (and even then, not always), so it can definitely work. Not that Supergirl should have had that small a cast.
    I think the smaller episode count probably helped with the supporting cast on that front.