Page 296 of 374 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5596

I'm honestly not sure what to think about Eve anymore. Half the time I hate her, and half the time I feel sorry for her.

As much as I loved Cat Grant in season one, I do kind of think Kara's life is more interesting when she had someone above her she can butt heads with. That said, it's probably for the best James is leaving. Have him ship out to Washington or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although how the heck did this show get Kate Miucci to show up? Would've been hilarious if she had let loose a "Jinkies."
    Oh right, she appeared briefly in the museum. That was fun to see her show up.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The Phantom Zone was discovered by Jor-El. The Martians found it I presume on their own through their own studies.
    Wish the Martians had their own name for it. Also, I didn't like the use of Deimos and Phobos being Martian names. It's like when they had Kryptonians using the word "Medusa" a couple seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I don't mind scientific suspension of belief but outright nonsense? DC is full of it. The GLC spectrum and Earth being the center of life in the Universe - dear me.
    I thought Oa was the center of the Universe and Earth was the center of the Multiverse?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I thought Oa was the center of the Universe and Earth was the center of the Multiverse?
    I think the Guardians promoted Oa as the center of the Universe in order to protect Earth. IIRC, that was revealed in Blackest Night.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

How does Kara wash the Super suit? Can she take it off as a suit? I imagine it would get stinky over time. Supes used to fly into the sun in the Pre COIE days.
    It's nanites. No stank.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

"Pants!" Has Kara in-universe been wanting pants this whole time? I thought she liked wearing a skirt. Are pants really that big a deal outside certain fans? I don't hate the new suit even if I don't love it like I did the old look, but it is what it is. I'll miss the red. The suit also seems more "Superwoman" then "Supergirl."
    I get that comment was more of Benoist acknowledging that she and the show had been beholden to lore and she was glad to get pants, but in-universe Kara could have changed her outfit anytime she wanted. It's silly to think she didn't have control of her own clothes. And once again, it's a guy dressing her up - a bit problematic, but then again this is a Supergirl show where Supergirl is constanstly being jobbed and saved, so...

She obviously does not take journalism seriously. It's only a means of more revenue for her, and if Kara's reporting doesn't bring more money, she doesn't care for it.

It also probably doesn't help that Kara has made it clear she doesn't approve of Rojas' business style.
    At least Rojas did go for Kara's pitch about the senate candidate (Jimmy) though. She asked Kara to do both articles, but missing her lunchtime deadline just gave Rojas an excuse to knock her down for the reasons you mention.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-16-2019 at 08:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Nanite - well there are two kinds of stank:

1. Supergirl stank - enough said as we don't know her stank biology. Humans certainly produce. Ok, the nanites absorb that - but do what with it?
    2. Supervillian stank - goo monsters, swamp things. You get covered with that. If the nanites absorb - again where does it go. Best to have an option for the suit to form off body for a wash.

Kara gets a job on the View (didn't Clark once go on TV). When she takes her glasses off to try a new face cream - she turns into Supergirl.
    Only if Kara jerks her glasses off. Taking them off carefully doesn't trigger the motion sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That just makes Rojas a bad businesswoman.
    No one has said she is good at her job. She may be competent at running a tech company, but she seems to be new at running a multi-media company. I look for her to either not last past this season or mellow out.
    Even Snapper Carr eventually came around to Kara. But then again he didn't last the season anyway.

How does Kara wash the Super suit? Can she take it off as a suit? I imagine it would get stinky over time. Supes used to fly into the sun in the Pre COIE days.
    I got the idea that the suit is made of nanobots. They probably have a self cleaning mechanism. Shed extraneous material when the shrink back into her glasses. Otherwise if enough extra material built up on them
    they wouldn't fit back into their capsule. Or maybe Kryptonians don't sweat.

As much as I loved Cat Grant in season one, I do kind of think Kara's life is more interesting when she had someone above her she can butt heads with. That said, it's probably for the best James is leaving. Have him ship out to Washington or something.

Wish the Martians had their own name for it. Also, I didn't like the use of Deimos and Phobos being Martian names. It's like when they had Kryptonians using the word "Medusa" a couple seasons ago.
    Too bad Ian Gomez left for another show that flopped anyway. If he had stayed with the role of Snapper Carr he might still have a job.
    Be nice if James wins the Senate election. He needs to have a nice ending. Go out in style.
    Deimos and Phobos are probably they sound like in human or translations of their Martian names. Like J'onn J'onzz sounds like John Jones. Probably the same thing with Myriad and Medusa, what Kryptonese words sound like to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Too bad Ian Gomez left for another show that flopped anyway. If he had stayed with the role of Snapper Carr he might still have a job.
    Is that what happened to Snapper?

The casting director on this show needs to be fired. They keep hiring actors for what could be major roles, but the actors just don't want to stick around.

Astonishing Member

There's not really a center to the universe, since we seem to be on some kind of expanding bubble. But the Guardians were never that smart.

Are there any other Martian gods other then H'ronmeer? I'm not up on my Martian Manhunter lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get that comment was more of Benoist acknowledging that she and the show had been beholden to lore and she was glad to get pants, but in-universe Kara could have changed her outfit anytime she wanted. It's silly to think she didn't have control of her own clothes. And once again, it's a guy dressing her up - a bit problematic, but then again this is a Supergirl show where Supergirl is constanstly being jobbed and saved, so...
    I wonder if they could have made the suit into the classic Supergirl blue dress that incorporated the pants but covered them up so they kind of looked like leggings.

That way they keep Supergirl's feminine look but also cover up Melissa for the Vancouver climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Is that what happened to Snapper?

The casting director on this show needs to be fired. They keep hiring actors for what could be major roles, but the actors just don't want to stick around.
    To be honest, that's probably gotta be one of the toughest parts of casting for TV shows.

To be honest, that's probably gotta be one of the toughest parts of casting for TV shows.
    That's true, but I can't think of another show that's had such a turnover of cast. And I think part of it is that they cast for special guest stars, but the writers end up writing them like regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Look's like Lena is going to face the wrath of Leviathan when they discover what she's been doing with one of their employees.
    Wouldn't Hope tell Lena exactly everything Miss Teschmacher knows about Leviathan, though? Her brain was mapped before the upload, unless it means no access to memories, which...I can't see as likely given how paranoid Lena is.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There's not really a center to the universe, since we seem to be on some kind of expanding bubble. But the Guardians were never that smart.
    Or depending on your POV, anywhere you say is the center of the universe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

So is Kara back to working with the DEO in an official capacity now that President Baker has been removed from office and Colonel Haley is no longer baby sitting Alex? I don't recall this being addressed.
    So far it seems that Kara is just working with Alex out in the open again.

Are there any other Martian gods other then H'ronmeer? I'm not up on my Martian Manhunter lore.
    Well, there's L'zoril (How Martians see Dream of the Endless), so it's safe to say there's a Martian pantheon of gods. I don't know any others, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So is Kara back to working with the DEO in an official capacity now that President Baker has been removed from office and Colonel Haley is no longer baby sitting Alex? I don't recall this being addressed.
    So far it seems that Kara is just working with Alex out in the open again.
    I was pretty certain they were going to create a Team Supergirl that worked out of J'onn's new place, but that hasn't happened.

Mighty Member

Interesting to see Sean Astin being a bad guy.