That's cool they introduced the idea that sometimes Supergirl is going to have to fight human criminals with advanced weaponry. I liked that she had to figure out how to beat Reactron, although I didn't think they needed to go so far as to say Superman never could beat him (and he even failed to when he came to Supergirl's rescue). I'm sure Reactron escaping once would've been enough, although I did like Superman text congratulating her at the end. Guess that's one way of having them interact without showing him onscreen.

I like Kara having a crush on James and this episode showed how they're still feeling each other out, but her sister saying she's never seen Kara this happy around a guy before rang a bit false. It's still early.

Sheesh, how many headquarters with a team of people assisting her does Supergirl need? I don't think that room at CatCo is all that safe just because people are hesitant to go into an office where someone died.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
But I do wonder if we'll ever see any other superheroes (aside from Superman) on the show. Kara's talk about "Earth no longer having just one hero" could be interpreted as referring to heroes who work on a global scale, which is Superman's thing. It could be that there are other, lower key capes who stick closer to home. Presumably, if any did appear, they would have to be ones who haven't appeared (or aren't slated to appear) on Flash, Arrow, and Legends--which would eliminate a lot of old-school Justice League-related characters--but that could still leave some interesting possibilities.
I'd like to see a younger female hero look up to Supergirl and try to follow her example. Use someone like Wonder Girl or Mary Marvel...or maybe Ms. Martian would be easier and tie better into the alien thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
Great job James, blabbing Clark's secret ID like that. It's one thing if Clark himself wants to do it, or if he gives you/Kara the ok to do it for him. But this, bad James bad. Just for that, I'm calling you "Jimmy" for the rest of the week.
I kind of liked the slip up, it can easily come out in a tense situation like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
So all DC TV superheroes apparently need:

-The nerdy tech person who also doubles as a fashion designer/comic relief.
-The somewhat morally ambiguous female character.
-The Black guy who's the emotional center/voice of reason on the team.
Don't forget an opening narration that establishes what the outside world thinks of them and then what they do/who they are secretly.