Page 304 of 374 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354 ... LastLast
Results 4,546 to 4,560 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Supergirl was starting to get interesting to me again, but if leviathan is going to be the big bad for the back half, I think I’ll pass on it. They’re still too vague a threat for me to get interested in. Yet another threat from space. I’m really tired of those.
    That was why season 4 was the best. The threats were Earth based, Agent Liberty and his Children of Liberty. Manchester Black. A sleazy president. And the crown jewel, Lex Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    That was why season 4 was the best. The threats were Earth based, Agent Liberty and his Children of Liberty. Manchester Black. A sleazy president. And the crown jewel, Lex Luthor.
    I honestly thought they'd be doing that again this year, but then Skinner showed up as an ancient alien, and that did take the wind out of my sales.

Why couldn't Leviathan be some kind of ancient, HUMAN order?

That being said, I'm starting to wonder if Leviathan will be the big bad for the back half. I'm starting to think maybe they take it down before the Crisis, and after the Crisis, maybe the Big Bad will be Eve 2.0.a She has to go evil at some point in this season- that's the law of AI in comic book stories.

For the record- for season 4, Manchester Black was good to a point, but felt like he was wasted. Agent Liberty started to overstay his welcome until Luthor tried to have him killed, and it got a little too preachy for me at times. That said, Lex redeemed all of that (taking out the Kaznians in his suit while belting out Sinatra's 'My Way' was BRILLIANT), and while I think I wanted more of him, I also think they used him just the right amount.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 11-18-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah Lena's turn is looking kinda dumb. But isn't that what evil ppl do? Rationalize their actions with ridiculous reasons. " you didn't tell me you were superior so now I'm gonna create mind control devices and leave you trapped in kryptonite"

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Season one was the best.

On account of being the only season of Supergirl to be about Supergirl.

I miss that show.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah Lena's turn is looking kinda dumb. But isn't that what evil ppl do? Rationalize their actions with ridiculous reasons. " you didn't tell me you were superior so now I'm gonna create mind control devices and leave you trapped in kryptonite"
    Lena's finally earning the death that Katie got in Jurassic World:

So Leviathan is really an ancient sect of aliens who caused the death of the dinosaurs when they arrived on Earth after a civil war destroyed their planet, and they've caused numerous natural disasters to protect the environment from overpopulation or human folly. How biblical .

There were five on that ship? So Leviathan has five heads? We only see two leaders here, so I wonder where the other three are. Was that black woman at the table one of them? Is "The Messenger" one of them too? He doesn't seem to age...unless he's one of their human servants like that old lady.

I can't see non-inhibited Brainy ending well. At least we got to see Brainiac 5's real face for a second. I was wondering if we would go all season without seeing it. Will it pop up in the crossover?

Points to Superman for having such an extensive self-defense program in case Lex ever got into the Fortress. Shame Supergirl was just a little too trusting...

It's too bad we didn't get a scene of Carl Lumbly and Phil LaMarr together in this, but I'm at least happy knowing they were probably on-set with each other .

Didn't Lena mentally force Malefic not to want to attack his brother? Or was that undone? I guess seeing that J'onn erased Malefic from their father's mind to save him was enough to get Malefic to forgive his brother after learning the emotional turmoil they all went through.

I was half-expecting Alex to propose at the end there.

I get Lena feeling betrayed and angry, but I don't think Kara ever used her lies to use Lena, unless "using" someone to have a friend is unpardonable. Really it feels like Lena blames Kara for making her kill Lex instead of Lex's numerous crimes. And it's not Kara's lies that is making Lena into a Supervillain, it's her acting like a Supervillain .

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That being said, I'm starting to wonder if Leviathan will be the big bad for the back half. I'm starting to think maybe they take it down before the Crisis, and after the Crisis, maybe the Big Bad will be Eve 2.0.a She has to go evil at some point in this season- that's the law of AI in comic book stories.
    That Leviathan woman talked about utilizing technology or social media to accomplish their plans, so I wouldn't be surprised if she hijacks Lena's tech or Eve 2.0 to use to facilitate Leviathan's plans, whatever they are.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Season one was the best.

On account of being the only season of Supergirl to be about Supergirl.

I miss that show.
    It's also my favorite, too, though only because it makes more sense than the others, IMO
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Okay, but do evil people become evil (after decades of being good) over something stupid as Kara's well-intentioned silence regarding her true identity?

What really annoys me about this is that after Lena confessed that she was using Kara, after she stole Myriad, which caused so many problems back in Season 1, and after she hijacked the Fortress and used it to trap Kara in a KRYPTONITE BARRIER, logic dictates that Kara should be angry, and should want to go after Lena and imprison her at least for a time, if only to stop her from making an even bigger mistake. And she should be furious about Lena using Kryptonite against her. But no, the writers will have Kara be all weepy and still defend Lena. Ugh.

Also, if Myriad was the one weapon in that room that Kara wished she could destroy, WHY DIDN'T SHE DESTROY IT?! There was literally nothing stopping her from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What really annoys me about this is that after Lena confessed that she was using Kara, after she stole Myriad, which caused so many problems back in Season 1, and after she hijacked the Fortress and used it to trap Kara in a KRYPTONITE BARRIER, logic dictates that Kara should be angry, and should want to go after Lena and imprison her at least for a time, if only to stop her from making an even bigger mistake. And she should be furious about Lena using Kryptonite against her. But no, the writers will have Kara be all weepy and still defend Lena. Ugh.

Also, if Myriad was the one weapon in that room that Kara wished she could destroy, WHY DIDN'T SHE DESTROY IT?! There was literally nothing stopping her from doing that.
    Unless we assume the El's are crazy people who keep dangerous weapons around as trophies just for the heck of it, maybe the devices are made of materials that make them difficult to destroy through conventional means.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Okay, but do evil people become evil (after decades of being good) over something stupid as Kara's well-intentioned silence regarding her true identity?
    Yeah but they were never really good. Just pretending Kara's first instinct not to tell Lena was right. But she's so naive she feels guilty even tho Lena went way beyond feeling betrayed.

Jesus, what is it with this season and the feels?

Most emotional episode ever. I actually cried when J'onn and Malefic embraced.

Yeah but they were never really good. Just pretending Kara's first instinct not to tell Lena was right. But she's so naive she feels guilty even tho Lena went way beyond feeling betrayed.
    If there's actual evidence of Lena pretending to be good up to now, sure, but I don't recall seeing it. She definitely had many chances to go to the Dark Side in previous seasons with her family, yet didn't. At any rate, I do agree Kara is naive.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If there's actual evidence of Lena pretending to be good up to now, sure, but I don't recall seeing it. She definitely had many chances to go to the Dark Side in previous seasons with her family, yet didn't. At any rate, I do agree Kara is naive.
    Maybe pretend isn't the right word. It's like she was always looking for some validation. Trying to prove she wasn't like the other Luthors or having relationships with ppl in supergirl's circle. Never really doing it for the right reasons.

Maybe pretend isn't the right word. It's like she was always looking for some validation. Trying to prove she wasn't like the other Luthors or having relationships with ppl in supergirl's circle. Never really doing it for the right reasons.
    IOW, she needs psychiatric help.