Page 373 of 374 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 5596
    Incredible Member

The whole tap the sun storyline was preposterous.
    I refuse to believe that Kara would have ever said yes to it.
    It made no sense at all to think you would destroy photosynthesis, creating
    a whole destruction of life to take out two supervillains.

Then after telling us for several minutes there was no other way.
    They just were like well people object, so we can't do it.

The fight scenes in the end were deeply disappointing. It was supposed
    to be the culmination of the whole series. But you had group shots of people
    posing, then thankfully the Phantom Zone turned on the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The whole tap the sun storyline was preposterous.
    I refuse to believe that Kara would have ever said yes to it.
    It made no sense at all to think you would destroy photosynthesis, creating
    a whole destruction of life to take out two supervillains.

Then after telling us for several minutes there was no other way.
    They just were like well people object, so we can't do it.

The fight scenes in the end were deeply disappointing. It was supposed
    to be the culmination of the whole series. But you had group shots of people
    posing, then thankfully the Phantom Zone turned on the bad guys.
    And there was a lot of Supergirl making unilateral decisions that should have had far-reaching consequences that didn't.

Sorry for bumping this thread :P

But now that the series is over, I'd be interested, what was your favorite Season and what was the least favorite?
    If you want to, you can also do a ranking.

Mine would probably be:

1. Season 4
    2. Season 3
    3. Season 5
    4. Season 6
    5. Season 1
    6. Season 2

Season 4 was just great. I was so happy that it not only averted the good ol' "CW Season 4 curse", but even outright inverted it. Great political commentary, well-written antagonists (Jon Cryer-Luthor in particular being introduced), Dreamer....I loved this Season, from start to finish.
    I know many people hated Season 3, but I actually very much enjoyed it, mostly due to Reign, and Brainy was introduced.
    Season 5 was kinda cut short, but it had the very emotional confrontation between Lena and Kara and it was still more engaging than Season 6, which was okay as a conclusion I guess, but not overly great.
    As for Season 1, yeah, I mean they were trying to find their course here, but it still was quite cringy overall. And as for Season 2, the least being said about it, the better, especially regarding Mon-El. At least it gave us Lena.

My ranking:

1. Season 1

2. Season 4

3. Season 3

4. Season 2

5. Season 5

6. Season 6

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

1. Season 1

2. Season 2

3. Season 3

4. Season 4

5. Season 5

6. Season 6

IMO, the show started off very well, was still fine for the next few seasons, but started losing me after that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I had no idea people didn't like Season 3. It was one of the strongest, IMO. Reign was a beast, and there were some of the best fights the show ever produced. The major sour note for me was having Mon-El married to Imra, seemingly for no other reason than to keep Kara single.

Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 2
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 6

Honestly, I had a hard time getting through Season 4 BECAUSE of the political commentary. I think at any other time I could have gone with it, but considering how closely it mirrored the rise of far-right groups in the US, and how plugged into the news I was at the time.... I wanted to watch Supergirl to ESCAPE from that, not get even more. Plus Red Daughter was criminally underused. The saving grace was the introduction of Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor.

Season 5 felt like they wanted to do social commentary on our reliance on technology, but it just came off as ham-fisted and amateurish. Plus they immediately ruined the character of Kelly for me by taking a shrink and also making her a tech genius that was working with VR, and then proceeded to have her be able to do whatever the plot dictated she needed to do, logic be damned.

Season 6- I don't think I've ever watched a show where you can tell that the writers have completely stopped giving a damn. I went with the first half- I LIKED the first half. I thought it was a good compromise to deal with several external factors. But the second half of the season... Jesus Christ. I think what solidifies the writers' lack of care for me is the fact that Mxly had the opportunity to send Nxly back to the Phantom Zone, decides not to do it, and tells KARA not to do it, because, I believe., he now feels it was wrong to send her there in the first place. So how do they end up resolving the conflict? Nxly gets sent back to the Phantom Zone anyway. I mean, what the hell?! The only good thing the second half of season 6 did was that Alex adopted a child, got married, and became the head of the DEO once more, presumably without any further interference.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 01-17-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Interesting, I had no idea people actually loved Season 1 so much. I mean, maybe I'm a bit harsh to it, it wasn't bad, but the tone was pretty damn different to what followed afterwards, and the fact that they dropped so much due to the Channel hop also soured things quite a bit (looking at you there, Maxwell Lord).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I had no idea people didn't like Season 3. It was one of the strongest, IMO. Reign was a beast, and there were some of the best fights the show ever produced. The major sour note for me was having Mon-El married to Imra, seemingly for no other reason than to keep Kara single.

Season 1
    Season 3
    Season 2
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 6

Honestly, I had a hard time getting through Season 4 BECAUSE of the political commentary. I think at any other time I could have gone with it, but considering how closely it mirrored the rise of far-right groups in the US, and how plugged into the news I was at the time.... I wanted to watch Supergirl to ESCAPE from that, not get even more. Plus Red Daughter was criminally underused. The saving grace was the introduction of Jon Cryer's Lex Luthor.

Season 5 felt like they wanted to do social commentary on our reliance on technology, but it just came off as ham-fisted and amateurish. Plus they immediately ruined the character of Kelly for me by taking a shrink and also making her a tech genius that was working with VR, and then proceeded to have her be able to do whatever the plot dictated she needed to do, logic be damned.

Season 6- I don't think I've ever watched a show where you can tell that the writers have completely stopped giving a damn. I went with the first half- I LIKED the first half. I thought it was a good compromise to deal with several external factors. But the second half of the season... Jesus Christ. I think what solidifies the writers' lack of care for me is the fact that Mxly had the opportunity to send Nxly back to the Phantom Zone, decides not to do it, and tells KARA not to do it, because, I believe., he now feels it was wrong to send her there in the first place. So how do they end up resolving the conflict? Nxly gets sent back to the Phantom Zone anyway. I mean, what the hell?! The only good thing the second half of season 6 did was that Alex adopted a child, got married, and became the head of the DEO once more, presumably without any further interference.
    I guess for me I'd say the relative writing quality and consistency of season 4, especially when Lex shows up, bumped it up a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Interesting, I had no idea people actually loved Season 1 so much. I mean, maybe I'm a bit harsh to it, it wasn't bad, but the tone was pretty damn different to what followed afterwards, and the fact that they dropped so much due to the Channel hop also soured things quite a bit (looking at you there, Maxwell Lord).
    It was a strong start for the show and, in some respects, the show in its purest form (also, Cat Grant was a regular).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Honestly, I had a hard time getting through Season 4 BECAUSE of the political commentary.
    I can handle it if it's done smartly and balanced. What I can't handle are asinine comparisons between our world's problems and fiction. It was bad enough having Earth as Grand Central Station for numerous super-powered aliens, but equating them with non-super-powered people crossing the border illegally in our own reality was just dumb, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    It was Cat. The dynamic between Cat and Kara was excellent, and Callista really brought something to the show that was lost when she left.

Apparently there were plans for a seventh season without Melissa Benoist.

https://screenrant.com/supergirl-sea...st-exit-pitch/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Apparently there were plans for a seventh season without Melissa Benoist.

https://screenrant.com/supergirl-sea...st-exit-pitch/
    Yeah, I don't think that would have gone over very well...fans were disappointed Kara was so sidelined in the final season to begin with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    1. Season 1

2. Season 2

3. Season 3

4. Season 4

5. Season 5

6. Season 6

IMO, the show started off very well, was still fine for the next few seasons, but started losing me after that.
    Same with me, except that I can't even rank the seasons after 3. I only watched some of 4, and none of 5 and 6 -- except for a few minutes on occasion. The worst thing the show did was make it an ensemble instead of focusing on Supergirl. I hate that half of the case became super-heroes -- lame ones at that.

1: Season 4 (Cryer as Lex was the Highlight of the Series for me.).

2: Season 1 (The Cat Dynamic was Great and the Jab at CW Shows during the Flash Crossover was Gold.).

3: Season 2 (The Superman introduction was good and having Lynda Carter and Teri Hatcher back on a DC show was Fantastic.).

4: Season 3 (It was okay).

5: Season 5 & 6 (They're ties neither IMO can really be called better than the other and neither are as good as what came before.)

I'd actually go:

1. Season 3 (had the best villain in Reign. I did hate them bringing back Mon El- and having him married to someone else. But then, I guess they wrote themselves into a corner with having him found the Legion in the future, so he couldn't really stay back in the present with Kara at the end. I also hate that Maggie left halfway through the season, but I put that on the producers for casting an actress for a guest spot and trying to promote them to regular, when they didn't want that.)

2. Season 1 (It had the awkwardness at times that all shows in their first season seem to have, but they quickly found their footing. Calista Flockhart was a joy to watch, and the show lost something when she left)

3. Season 2 (A pretty good season. Rhea was an okay villain, but not one of my favorites.

4. Season 4 (Yes, you had possibly the greatest live action Lex Luthor ever with Jon Cryer, but Red Daughter was incredibly underused IMO. Either she should have been the Big Bad and have NO Lex, or make Lex the Big Bad and have no Red Daughter. Also, the Friends of Humanity, or whoever they were, was WAY to close to real life for me at the time. I watched this show to escape reality, not confront it.)

5. Season 5 (I started this with also tying seasons 5 & 6, but then I started writing down everything that was wrong with Season 6 and it became crystal clear. Season 5 was boring and forgettable, outside of Crisis. It was so boring, I stopped watching it after Crisis, and only followed it via episode summaries.

6. Season 6 ( Season 6, despite EVERYTHING, actually started strong for me. I liked having Kara in the Phantom Zone, while the others tried to find a way to save her while battling their own despair. But when they came back from hiatus... ooh boy. It was like you could tell the exact MOMENT that the writers said 'F**k it.' and completely gave up. From a terrible villain in Nyxly, to a non-sensicaly love-struck Lex, to a Shrink, years out of the Army, deciding to suit up as a vigilante (then again, Laurel did that first on Arrow, and she was only a lawyer with some self defense courses under her belt). Then there was Kelley yelling at the Superfriends for not being there for the neighborhood, while they were busy trying to SAVE ALL OF CREATION. Kara draining the sun. Lex turning into a lizard. It goes on and on. So yeah, the first few episodes were pretty good, but the last half of the season was so incredibly bad, that they just dragged it down to last place.)

This show suffered from a number of problems. There was the whole Kreisberg situation. The show had an uncanny ability of casting actors that didn't want to stick around. The writing was wildly uneven at times. I'll even say the Queer-baiting became an issue at the end when they refused to allow Kara and Lena to finally become a couple. And yes, while I loved the inclusion of so many other characters, the show suffered because it became less about Supergirl and more about everyone else, with Kara in the background. That's fine when it's necessary, like when Melissa took time off for her Broadway debut or her pregnancy, but it was not something that should have been happening all the time. And while I'm glad Alex got her happy ending with a marriage and a kid, I REALLY didn't like Kelley, who was just a horribly-written character from start to finish.