Page 215 of 374 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 5596
    Astonishing Member

She shouldn't need a range of motion with Kryptonian strength - she should be able to move her arms right through it. If you were wrapped in paper towel, it wouldn't inhibit you. It was just PIS which is a mainstay of superhero shows. People with FTL speed and reflexes and the strength to move a mountain, shouldn't have the troubles she usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I've only half watched this episode cos at this point I'm basically done with Kara being a damsel in distress on a pretty much weeklu (weakly!) basis on her own show.

With that in mind though, did I miss something about the whole vacuum pack/action figure trap thing. Cos I know Kara was trapped and couldn't breathe and all that.. But then that dinosaur thing basically just smashed the case during it's fight with Mon-El (cos that's what this episode needed of course, more dudes doing the hero thing). So was there some in-story explanation why Kara couldn't get out of something that was pretty basically smashable?
    I wasn’t happy about it either, but at least mon el got her out of it creatively. And i can see why it was important for winn to take out toyman’s apprentice- i just wish kara could be the hero more often.

That is an issue with Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow IMO where the main hero is constantly needing saved by their team. Flash has gotten to the point where it almost feels like he can't function without Team Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Flash has gotten to the point where it almost feels like he can't function without Team Flash.
    I'd say that was an issue since season one, although they got a little better about it in subsequent seasons...

Been enjoying the Supergirl TV series since the first season. It's super!
    I'm hoping that they bring back Superman for Season 4.
    There's been talk of them bringing an actress in to play Lois Lane.

Astonishing Member

The powered heroes need a team because they need logistical support. Where is the crime, for instance? Thus, you have the hacker geek on each show. Now, George Reeves' Supe just listened and flew out of his apartment. He really didn't have much of a love life although Lois would have ...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The powered heroes need a team because they need logistical support. Where is the crime, for instance? Thus, you have the hacker geek on each show. Now, George Reeves' Supe just listened and flew out of his apartment. He really didn't have much of a love life although Lois would have ...
    Supergirl doesn't really need a hacker geek when she has X-Ray Vision and Super Hearing.

I remember in, like, episode 2 or 3 we had Winn and Jimmy monitoring the police band to direct her to where she needed to go, even though she could've conceivably done all that on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Supergirl doesn't really need a hacker geek when she has X-Ray Vision and Super Hearing.

I remember in, like, episode 2 or 3 we had Winn and Jimmy monitoring the police band to direct her to where she needed to go, even though she could've conceivably done all that on her own.
    Heck, she was doing that in the first episode of Season 3! Just hanging out in the air, listening for cries for help.

Incredible Member

Unless you like Winn, this is a filler and random episode, but I´ll give it points because it had that silly but funny Supergirl´s action figure scene, and because Mon-El sang Carry on my Wayward Son.

I guess its filler but it introduced a new [hopefully recurring] villain and introduced two major new plot points (M'yrnn's dementia and whatever Lena is doing with Samantha). Win/Winn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But it's what happens on all these shows where the main "family" is the cast - so they're not allowed their own families outside that core. Alex didn't get married, Kara lost her boyfriend, Miss Martian left for Mars, Dean Cain didn't stick around, etc... (makes me wonder what'd going to happen to Winn's mom now that she's in the picture - it obviously won't last)
    Kinda depressing lol.

This was a pretty good Winn episode, he went through the emotional wringer and got to have a somewhat happy ending. Contrast that with J'onn's story. Man, his dad is a tough old man to be able to stand up to those White Martians, but he's clearly an old man.

At first I was wondering why James didn't use his shield since he seems to have it on at all times, but he busted it out later. The CGI on those flying monkeys wasn't all that impressive, but the fight at the end in the factory was pretty cool.

I like the revelation of what the Legion is really up to, but shouldn't all the pods have been opened by now?

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wasn't clear on what the apprentice used to trap Kara in that action figure box. That was a really cool trap btw but what material can hold Supergirl like that?
    Oddly enough (and I may be misremembering), but I think Batman once trapped Bizarro in a plastic bag-like material on Superfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    None the less a lot of people do watch The Big Bang Theory and know her from that. She has played Mary Cooper, the mother of Sheldon Cooper, every since the first season and the show is now in it's 11th season.
    She will of course be attending Sheldon's wedding. Also she played a crazy woman on Desperate Housewives. So it's not like she disappeared after Roseanne. Interesting that on Supergirl her name is also Mary.
    Sheldon v. Supergirl: Dawn of Justice, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    I've only half watched this episode cos at this point I'm basically done with Kara being a damsel in distress on a pretty much weeklu (weakly!) basis on her own show.
    I was actually impressed Mon-El got to take down an enemy since I feel like he's always been the weakest, most ineffectual one.

Whatever happened to Win's alien girlfriend?

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Kinda depressing lol.
    The lesson being, don’t get attached to the new guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was actually impressed Mon-El got to take down an enemy since I feel like he's always been the weakest, most ineffectual one.
    He also was pretty much the one who brought down Lillian, but he had the advantage of not being weak against Kryptonite.