Page 187 of 374 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5596
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Wonder why Supergirl didn't use her x-ray vision to take a peek under Reign's mask?
    I assume it's made of lead, and

Spectacular Member

I really wish supergirl would hire a better guy to handle the fights when it comes to hand to hand, that fight looked bad every time they tried to punch each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MorganL View Post
    I really wish supergirl would hire a better guy to handle the fights when it comes to hand to hand, that fight looked bad every time they tried to punch each other.
    The moment they started slugging was the moment I started preparing dinner. I have little interest in watching indestructible beings hit each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The moment they started slugging was the moment I started preparing dinner. I have little interest in watching indestructible beings hit each other.
    Well Supergirl didn't seem so indestructible this time.

I thought the fight was pretty good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

The story demands that Supergirl is indestructible. Unless they are going to change the name of the show to Superman or Martian Manhunter.

Retired

Agent Vasquez--the most important character on SUPERGIRL--got some lines this episode. Maybe they are going to beef up her role. Also liked that they used Chad Lowe.

It really bothered me that they made no effort to fit the continuity with the crossover. I just can't figure how the beginning of this episode is supposed to dovetail with last week's episode. And it's odd how Kara has these girl friends, without a lot of screen time with them--especially for Samantha. Is the audience supposed to fill in these holes and imagine a lot of connecting scenes that make sense of everything?

Kara is a lowly employee of Catco but these senior executives are all having a Christmas party in the small flat she shares with her sister--and some DEO people are also there. Oh well. But I did like J'Onn's dad. I can't wait until he eats his first Oreo cookie. J'Onn must be saving that for a special occasion.

It was a Bah Humbug sort of Christmas show. Especially with that ending. It's like they set out to give their young viewers some nightmares before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Agent Vasquez--the most important character on SUPERGIRL--got some lines this episode. Maybe they are going to beef up her role. Also liked that they used Chad Lowe.

It really bothered me that they made no effort to fit the continuity with the crossover. I just can't figure how the beginning of this episode is supposed to dovetail with last week's episode. And it's odd how Kara has these girl friends, without a lot of screen time with them--especially for Samantha. Is the audience supposed to fill in these holes and imagine a lot of connecting scenes that make sense of everything?

Kara is a lowly employee of Catco but these senior executives are all having a Christmas party in the small flat she shares with her sister--and some DEO people are also there. Oh well. But I did like J'Onn's dad. I can't wait until he eats his first Oreo cookie. J'Onn must be saving that for a special occasion.

It was a Bah Humbug sort of Christmas show. Especially with that ending. It's like they set out to give their young viewers some nightmares before Christmas.
    I literally have no clue who that is.

It wasn't the office Christmas party it was her personal Christmas party.

And most shows end the mid season on a bummer cliffhanger
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Yeah, Supergirl was quite destructible in this episode. And that was a hell of a fight. I wanted a little more of this between Supergirl and Overgirl.

The story demands that Supergirl is indestructible. Unless they are going to change the name of the show to Superman or Martian Manhunter.
    On what show isn't the hero indestructible? Steve McGarrett on Hawaii 5-O, Jethro Gibbs on NCIS, Oliver Queen on Arrow. All indestructible. Or do you just avoid watching the fight scenes on any action show?

I'll bet a lot of they were crying

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I literally have no clue who that is.
    Agent Vaquez is sort of an Uhura type character that was introduced in season 1 whose main function seem to be to tell Supergirl "I have a message for you, ma'am."

Retired

Agent Vasquez is Agent Piper on AGENTS OF SHIELD--which I don't watch, but I under she's essentially the same character. So call her Agent Piper Vasquez.

I don't see how Alex can do any medical procedure on Kara if she has her powers. Maybe Kara will be out of commission. That would give Mon-El and Saturn Girl the chance to form a Legion squad, with Martian Manhunter and the Guardian, to go up against Reign.

And, of course, Reign defeats them handily and Jimmy is put in hospital. His identity as the Guardian revealed to the world, it's impossible for him to continue the vigilante lifestyle. Thus bringing the Guardian subplot to a conclusion.

I imagine some people are probably going to take offense at Mon-El founding the Legion seemingly on his own. I mean, I like Mon-El probably more then most people, but even I'm not sure I can buy him rallying people and organizing the greatest Superhero team of the future, nor do I really appreciate such a change to the Legion mythos. Especially with his powers, or lack there of.

And poor Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy .

Also, Supergirl's own deeds weren't enough to warrant young heroes in the future being inspired by her? They needed Mon-El to tell them about her?

I still don't see why Mon-El's wife had to be Saturn Girl instead of Shadow Lass. About the only thing she seems to have in common with Imra is a fondness for bright colors, though I guess her bubbliness and compassion is one of Imra's main traits.

It feels like it's been a while since we've been to the alien bar, and it makes sense Mon-El would bring his wife there now that he's back in the present. Though it reminded me, with Winn being there, where the heck is Lyra? It feels like she's vanished off the face of the Earth (hopefully not literally like with Cadmus last season).

It's tragically ironic. Kara thought she would never see Mon-El again and was about to move on just as he came back, only for it to turn he married another woman, and Mon-El was determined to reunite with Kara only to resign himself to the idea that he would never be able to see her again and try to move on only to accidentally reunite with her through time travel. It's a Superhero soap opera if ever I've seen one.

Does Jimmy have a thing for sisters of people he knows? First he dated Lucy, Lois' sister, then he dated Kara for five minutes, who's the closest thing Clark has to a sister, and now he's making out with Lex Luthor's sister. At least he and Lena have good chemistry.

Jimmy just pulling his Guardian shield out-of-nowhere is the first time he's done anything Guardian-related this whole season (not counting the Earth-X Jimmy). Probably one of the cooler Guardian moments too (and very Captain America-esque).

So...are they ever going to call Imra "Saturn Girl?" Or is the Legion going to all go without codenames (except for Brainiac 5 I guess)?

I guess Kara beating Clark is now her barometer for Krytponian threats. "Hey, I beat Superman!"

So Reign is supposed to be the embodiment of the Kryptonian Satan, Rao's evil opposite number? It's still kind of vague what Reign is and exactly what she's supposed to be doing, other then being the product of Krypton's more spiritual ancestors, but I guess her goal is something like evoking a biblical second coming by meting out justice on the world she inhabits.

Edge having a lead-lined safe-room makes so much sense.

Thank goodness Kara is good friends with the owners of CatCo so she can get away with a public defacing of property.

It was kind of weird seeing Kara go up against what was basically her evil counterpart after she just got done fighting Overgirl last week, but this fight was definitely a lot more brutal, and probably one of the most decisive defeats Kara has ever had on the show. Reign just wrecked her .

On the positive side, the public seeing Reign means Edge probably can't continue to spin his yarn that Supergirl might have attacked him. On the negative side, I can see Edge taking a keener interest in Reign that I don't see ending well for anyone.

I imagine Mon-El and Imra will probably wake up Brainy to help heal Kara.

I guess the implication of the ending is that Reign has completely taken over Samantha's mind.
    I don't even remember if she was in season 2 at all. It's like, here she is, after missing a season and a half of the show .

I was also glad they brought Lowe back as Coville. I wonder if we'll see Kara visiting him again to try and better understand the mythology behind Reign and her intentions?

Yeah, it didn't really feel like the crossover had any major impact on the show, especially since they didn't mention what happened at all.

As far as how the crossover impacted each show, Flash now has a married Barry and Iris, Arrow now has a married Oliver and Felicity, Legends lost a member and gained a member, while Supergirl...has a mildly more chipper Kara and Alex?

I guess that means Kara isn't "CatCo's best reporter" if she didn't even attend a staff meeting (granted, it seems like she misses those a lot).

It was nice to see Jimmy doing some legitimate editor stuff though.

I also liked seeing more of J'onn's cultural interests since we generally don't get that kind of insight into him.

Thank god Kriesberg got fired, because maybe now they'll bring someone in to bring something NEW to the shows. Just like how I was disappointed that Arrow is essentially reusing the plot of Season 5 for Season 6, it looks as if Supergirl is reusing the plot of Season 2 & 3 of the Flash- Hero is having a rough time, is beaten down emotionally for several episodes, culminating in a battle with the new Big Bad in which the B.B. beats the ever-living crap out of them in front of the world and leaves them broken, just in time for winter break. It's the SAME. DAMN. PLOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Thank god Kriesberg got fired, because maybe now they'll bring someone in to bring something NEW to the shows. Just like how I was disappointed that Arrow is essentially reusing the plot of Season 5 for Season 6, it looks as if Supergirl is reusing the plot of Season 2 & 3 of the Flash- Hero is having a rough time, is beaten down emotionally for several episodes, culminating in a battle with the new Big Bad in which the B.B. beats the ever-living crap out of them in front of the world and leaves them broken, just in time for winter break. It's the SAME. DAMN. PLOT.
    At least it's unique to Supergirl .

(Of course, one could also argue that it's a formula that works).

Frontier, Agent Vasquez was in the episode where the White Martians invaded the DEO last season. She was the one who had the pointed guns standoff with the other agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Frontier, Agent Vasquez was in the episode where the White Martians invaded the DEO last season. She was the one who had the pointed guns standoff with the other agent.
    Ah, I think I remember that now...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it's unique to Supergirl .

(Of course, one could also argue that it's a formula that works).
    It only works until it's used so much that it's played out. Granted, the fight was good- I don't think Kara has ever taken that kind of damage. But I was still seeing Zoom dragging around Barry and parading his body to the police and the public, or Savitar dragging Barry around while beating the crap out of him.

I'm kinda hoping that it's revealed that Kara was still in a weakened condition due to her exposure to red solar radiation, and that's why she lost.

So I see two ways this story ends-

1. Kara beats Reign, and Samantha regains control and decides to redeem herself by becoming Superwoman, or
    2. Kara beats Reign, Samantha dies, and Ruby is adopted by Alex.