Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

I have to admit I'm looking forward to this. I haven't seen or heard anything about this show that gives me pause. The only thing that even approaches a question is a lingering doubt that the production quality can be maintained (take a look at the first episode of House, for example, and you'll see production quality that is never attempted again).

Vox.com had a review today that makes me more excited for it than previously.

"There's a difference between a serious superhero and a superhero played seriously."

This sort of observation is like manna from heaven to me. It's why I didn't care for Man of Steel, and don't look forward to Batman v Superman. It's why I think Amazing Spider-man did less well than Raimi Spider-man. Serious superhero fits Batman in live action, and almost no other superhero.

It appears that Supergirl gets it. I can't wait to find out more.
    Yeah, this and Blindspot are the two shows I was/am most excited about. I really hope it does well, though I'm nervous about it not being in the best time slot for it to succeed. *fingerscrossed*
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-26-2020 at 12:58 PM.