Page 347 of 374 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (Batman predated him too. Not that he'll ever admit it).
    Batman's thing though was that he remained an urban legend for some time, which is why Ollie thought he was first. (which was cute, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't see how. Things happened differently in the Post-Crisis world. They likely won't get into specific changes unless it's part of the story, (or simply overlook things like the President saying Green Arrow was the first superhero even though Superman had been around) and unlike the DCU, there are only a handful of shows so I imagine each show can rewrite its own history without stepping on too many toes. (and all the main characters actually remember pre-Crisis thanks to J'onn, so it still "happened" in their memories)
    Here's a problem:

Clark passed Kara off onto the Danvers, ostensibly to keep her safe from his enemies as well as to learn how to control her powers.

Except-

Now Clark has two kids. He wasn't worried about his enemies targeting them? And they didn't ask where his cousin came from all of the sudden? And young Kara never messed up around Clark and accidentally used her powers in front of the kids?

Not to mention the bigger problem of exactly how old WAS Clark when he got Lois pregnant?

It's little things like that that the writers ignored to make their story work. And I'm sure for 9 out of 10 people, it's not something they think of and they have no problem. But I'm that 10th person, and it drives me to distraction sometimes.

Final season part 2 trailer:

I'll put this in spoiler tags:

spoilers:
    they are currently filming the finale, and set photos have shown the return of Mon El, Winn, and James. They've also shown the return of a surprising villain, who's name I'll put in a separate spoiler field in case you don't want to know. What's funny, though, is all of the fans up in arms on Twitter about the return of Mon El, demanding that they don't have him in the show anymore. Like there will be any more show after the finale, or like they'd read Twitter, then decide "Oh well, guess we won't have him in the finale."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The returning villain is Overgirl- Kara's doppelgänger from Earth-X
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Final season part 2 trailer:

I'll put this in spoiler tags:

spoilers:
    they are currently filming the finale, and set photos have shown the return of Mon El, Winn, and James. They've also shown the return of a surprising villain, who's name I'll put in a separate spoiler field in case you don't want to know. What's funny, though, is all of the fans up in arms on Twitter about the return of Mon El, demanding that they don't have him in the show anymore. Like there will be any more show after the finale, or like they'd read Twitter, then decide "Oh well, guess we won't have him in the finale."
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The returning villain is Overgirl- Kara's doppelgänger from Earth-X
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Chris Wood can't catch a break.

I guess this is to satisfy those who didn't feel like Kara got a definitive win against Overgirl.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Lena didn't say goodbye to everyone.

You know, it would probably be the most awkward family picnic in history if, in Season 2 of Superman and Lois, Kara arrives with BOTH of her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Lena didn't say goodbye to everyone.
    I think she's just taking a trip rather than leaving. She's rich - she can fly back and forth anytime.

It's almost odd now anytime Kal is mentioned considering they almost go out of their way to not mention Kara on his show.

Astonishing Member

You can't just stop Kryptonians from dropping out of the sky on these shows. Flying cities full of them, downloaded from Kryptonian thumb drives, materializing out of the Phantom Zone. Pretty soon we will have Aquaman finding a box of dehydrated Kryptonians and reconstituting them.

All this wonderful alien tech on Earth! Wow. Also, the acting is so stiff. I have an idea, Catco can get a swim suit edition with Kara and team! That will move them out of 8th place.

Giant patches of plastic! Save the oceans! Yawn.

I hear Krypton is going to have an Olympic team in 2024 as they are immune to Covid. Last, why stay on Argo - I'd bet they would all rather have powers. When does the tour bus arrive? Visit Earth - fly like a bird. Bath in volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here's a problem:
    Clark passed Kara off onto the Danvers, ostensibly to keep her safe from his enemies as well as to learn how to control her powers.
    Except-
    Now Clark has two kids. He wasn't worried about his enemies targeting them? And they didn't ask where his cousin came from all of the sudden? And young Kara never messed up around Clark and accidentally used her powers in front of the kids?
    Not to mention the bigger problem of exactly how old WAS Clark when he got Lois pregnant?
    It's little things like that that the writers ignored to make their story work. And I'm sure for 9 out of 10 people, it's not something they think of and they have no problem. But I'm that 10th person, and it drives me to distraction sometimes.
    I'm trying to figure out what doesn't make sense to you, but I don't see anything really inconsistent. I'm sure Clark has some concern about his kids, but what other options did he have? I don't see him and Lois sending their kids away. And in terms of Kara, assuming she has been part of Clark's life since she landed, it's been what, 15 years since she landed? Let's say Crisis didn't change the fact that he was already Superman (as she said in her intro) ... the kids would have been too young to think there was anything weird about it. Even if Clark said he had a distant cousin who just moved here, there's nothing weird about that. (presumably they created a history for her although I don't think we know what it is) And Kara presumably didn't "mess up" in front of anyone which is why she was able to stay hidden. Even if she did in front of the kids, they were babies when Kara was young and by the time they were old enough we can assume she could control herself.

The kids are 15, so Lois and Clark met maybe 17 years ago? The actor who plays Clark is in his early thirties, but we can't go by that since Superman ages slower than humans. The actress who plays Lana is 45 and we can assume she and Clark are roughly the same age, so Clark could have been as old as 30 when he had his kids. (the actress who plays Lois is 40 so that makes sense for her age, to have the kids when she was 25) Crisis obviously retconned the stuff where it was only Jon and he was a baby last year, but so far it all makes sense to me...

Except, Kara DID mess up. Which was why Jeremiah ended up having to work for the DEO. Though it could be argued that they were just waiting for an excuse to take her, if she hadn't gone flying with Alex, she might have been safe.

I guess my problem is that I can't give Clark a pass on leaving Kara with the Danvers to protect her from his enemies, when he had two kids that were already in the same kind of danger.

I just wish we would have gotten some kind of backstory showing that Clark was still involved in Kara's childhood, that he visited often and maybe helped train her in her powers. As it is, we know very little about how involved in her life he was as she grew.

I'm not sure if the Fortress of Solitude appearing this episode the way it did contradicts Superman and Lois.....

Nevertheless, nice episode to get back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm not sure if the Fortress of Solitude appearing this episode the way it did contradicts Superman and Lois.....

Nevertheless, nice episode to get back in.
    I think at this point every aesthetic choice made in Superman and Lois is going to contradict Supergirl, if only because Supergirl is ending, Superman and Lois will continue, and that gives them a reason to retool things (like the fortress, or the color of the heat vision). I expect they decided against adjusting Supergirl's look because why waste the money?

It feels like the season has only just started now with Kara back and getting back into the swing of things...which seems like a weird thing to say about a final season. I know part of that couldn't be helped, but still.

The LenaxNia friendship is one of the best things to come out of the first half. Also, Lena is now officially Super Friends tech support, which I guess she always has been.

Are you telling me that a worldwide media organization with an expansive staff is being beaten by an online paper run by, like, three people? I guess it pays to be The Flash's wife. Either that or Andrea's obsession with clickbait doomed Catco.

Well, they pretty mercifully put the kibbosh on KaraxWilliam without any drama, which is probably for the best, although now William's only relevancy to the plot is that one okay reporter guy who Andrea keeps roping in to do stuff.

Can I just say Andrea is terrible? Threatening to fire her entire staff if they can't deliver is...kind of a mean motivator? What I wouldn't give for Cat Grant to show up and clean house.

Characters jealous over Kara's dad being alive and back...I mean, jeez, when you think about it she's now one of the few protagonists in this entire universe with both biological parents alive and together. I guess that's true circa New Krypton, but wow. I'm surprised they didn't talk about introducing Zor-El to his nephew but Tyler Hoechlin's Superman now lives in a nebulous, non-Supergirl, world with his family.

Speaking of SM&L, the one thing this show will always have over that show is a better looking Fortress. And Kelex! Who is actually relevant to the plot!

I don't know how to feel about the fact that the Arrowverse Earth might be on the precipece of being the next Krypton...I mean, I get it, we need to do better by the environment although I guess with the Legion we know Earth survives, more or less.

Poor Oscar...and then that burn from Brainy...

I'm honestly surprised Lex's files didn't list one of Supergirls' alias' as Kara Danvers, because that would really shake up Andrea, but I guess we're not going to do that quite yet.

Looks like Lena is going back to Ireland for an episode or two as she reconnects with her non-Luthor roots.

Astonishing Member

There used to be a uniqueness to Kal as the Last Son of Krypton, an orphan. Introducing another in the form of an orphan cousin wasn't so bad.

That was lost in the comics and shows with millions of Kryptonians showing up, sometimes getting killed in a genocidal horror or whatever.

Kara isn't so special - she gets her butt kicked (as does J'onn) so frequently by random aliens who just got off the ferrry to Earth. I opine the special status of Kal and Kara were a loss with all these other Kryptonians.

Incredible Member

I really don't mind the environmental issues. Partly, that is my politics, but
    really if any group of people are allowed to worry about this it is Kryptonian-Americans.
    I mean what was the destruction of Krypton but climate change on steroids?
    That has to be an issue that is front and center for all of them.

Where you can fault the show is the way they make it sound like the solutions are
    so simple. They had faulty resolutions, but it seemed like the show wanted to still say it was
    easy. The truth of the matter this isn't the kind of issue where you just trot out some
    superhero solution. Not when you are dealing with systemic issues that affect global society.

We still seem to have the ongoing debate about Supergirl's relations with the Superman and Lois
    show. The reality is of course that there were logistical issues. But it doesn't seem that incredible
    to me. Extended families don't have close relations anymore. Now maybe the rest of you hang
    out all the time with your cousins, but I don't with mine. I don't mention my brothers and sisters all
    the time either, who I have had minimal contact with for years. There is an element to this that
    suggests Supergirl needs a bone thrown her way. She really doesn't.

Like many of the other people posting I am tired of the thousands of Kryptonians. The only three
    I want to see are: Superman, Supergirl, Power Girl. I get why Power Girl won't be on TV or movies, so
    we are down to two. That's it. Krypton is supposed to be dead, let it die. Once in a blue moon it is OK
    for Supergirl to go visit the family, but there should be as minimal contacts with Argo as possible. Find some other premise
    for the supers to go fight.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 08-28-2021 at 09:28 PM.