Page 297 of 374 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5596

Sort of seems like the show is just treading water right now. So far nothing meaningful about Leviathan. Malefic is just mostly annoying J'onn right now. Rojas is more annoying to Kara than a threat to Kara.
    Hope is just sort of the Stepford assistant that is taking all of Lena's focus. When are we going to start seeing some real threat instead of easily dispatched villains of the week? Not all that much action either.
    Are they saving all the budget for Crisis?

Astonishing Member

I'm still waiting to see what the real deal with Malefaak is.

Feels like we learned a lot of what makes him tick but there has to be more since it's so early in the season (barring plot beat acceleration because of the crisis). I'm half expecting us to find out J'Onn and Malefaak were the same being originally and split or somesuch given nothing we're learning can be a definite since J'Onn and Malefaak are both mind whammied to some extent.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Crisis has its own budget.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Sort of seems like the show is just treading water right now. So far nothing meaningful about Leviathan. Malefic is just mostly annoying J'onn right now. Rojas is more annoying to Kara than a threat to Kara.
    Hope is just sort of the Stepford assistant that is taking all of Lena's focus. When are we going to start seeing some real threat instead of easily dispatched villains of the week? Not all that much action either.
    Yup!

In all seriousness, I have no problem with a slow buildup. They need to establish the new status quo, and on top of that we really don't know how the Crisis is going to affect the show as a whole. Will it remain on it's own Earth, or will it be merged into Earth 1? And if so, how will that affect the show as a whole? We might end up seeing a soft reboot a'la Alias come next year.

On a sour note, they are just going to keep forcing Mary Sue Kelly down our throats, aren't they? I was so happy to hear she left with James; but then I saw her on the preview for the next episode and was like F***. Is this the way some people felt about Felicity?

As a side note, can I say how sick and tired I am of mind control plots? They did it to death on Arrow, they've done it on Legends, they've done it to an extent on Flash, and now they are doing it AGAIN on Supergirl. And now they have three mind control plots running concurrently- they got Malefak, who can control people, they've got Lena, who wants to control people, and they have Rojas and Leviathan, who are trying to control people. Jesus, find a new plot device, will you?

Astonishing Member

How about more relationships ups and downs for Alex? That would be new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    How about more relationships ups and downs for Alex? That would be new idea.
    Only if they give Kara a jerk for a boyfriend that she hates at first but he becomes a hero because Kara makes him into a better person.

did you see the ratings this week? ouch

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    did you see the ratings this week? ouch
    And this despite the new season being pretty great imO.

I mean, I'm not sure Lena is gonna make it back to the light.....

Many heartbreaking moments, both on J'onn's as well as on Nia's part.

But William being a part of Leviathan, that is pretty interesting. Wonder where it'll go.

Nothing is going to have great numbers going against Sunday Night Football.(certainly not overnights since football is live and I'm sure more will watch Supergirl on DVR)

How much longer do you think SUPERGIRL will run?

Melissa Benoist wants to get back onto movies at some point (see: WHIPLASH). Then again, this is as steady a paycheck as she'll ever get. The CW can't recast her without tremendous blowback.

I think either this or next season will be the last season.

CW is definitely already planning next-gen superhero shows post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nothing is going to have great numbers going against Sunday Night Football.(certainly not overnights since football is live and I'm sure more will watch Supergirl on DVR)
    Plus the new Watchmen series was on HBO at the same time. I an sure Watchmen siphoned off some Supergirl fans.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Melissa Benoist wants to get back onto movies at some point (see: WHIPLASH). Then again, this is as steady a paycheck as she'll ever get. The CW can't recast her without tremendous blowback.

Whiplash was 5 years ago. Plus Melissa has been doing movies during Supergirl breaks. Since Supergirl started Melissa has been in Lowriders, Patriot's Day, Billy Boy, Sun Dogs and most recently Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
    Also on TV she did a six part miniseries about Waco, Texas where she played David Koresh's wife Rachel. If anything Melissa probably wants to do more Broadway. That's why Laura Benanti and Jeremy Jordan left.

We will probably get a full 5th season but if this is the last season maybe they will do like they did with Arrow, and give a shortened 6th season. They also did that with Gotham, another DC/WB property.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

It's the CW. They will run this show for as long as they can. But I think if David Harewood or Chyler Leigh decide to leave, they will have to wrap it up. And if Melissa wants to leave, they will wrap it up.

And then we'd probably get that long-rumored Superman show.

As a side note- is this Superman a likeable figure? I mean, sure- the actor does a good job portraying him. But every time Tyler and Melissa share a scene, I can't help but think that this Superman dumped his cousin- who by her reckoning had just lost her entire world and who's only job was to care for her baby cousin, which she couldn't do because she got to Earth late- on a human family she never met and by all accounts then stayed away for years, only ever talking to her via instant messages. In my mind that makes him extremely unlikable.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's the CW. They will run this show for as long as they can. But I think if David Harewood or Chyler Leigh decide to leave, they will have to wrap it up. And if Melissa wants to leave, they will wrap it up.

And then we'd probably get that long-rumored Superman show.

As a side note- is this Superman a likeable figure? I mean, sure- the actor does a good job portraying him. But every time Tyler and Melissa share a scene, I can't help but think that this Superman dumped his cousin- who by her reckoning had just lost her entire world and who's only job was to care for her baby cousin, which she couldn't do because she got to Earth late- on a human family she never met and by all accounts then stayed away for years, only ever talking to her via instant messages. In my mind that makes him extremely unlikable.

Thoughts?
    This is pretty in character for Superman. He did the same thing to her in the Silver Age and in the post crisis universe left the Amazons to train and raise her. He's always had a relatively hands off approach to other members of the Super family except for Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is pretty in character for Superman. He did the same thing to her in the Silver Age and in the post crisis universe left the Amazons to train and raise her. He's always had a relatively hands off approach to other members of the Super family except for Jon.
    I don't know about the sliver age, but post-Crisis when they brought her back, I remember Clark taking her in and trying to raise her, but Batman and Wonder Woman forced the issue and Diana pretty much kidnapped her and took her to Themyscira to train while Batman laid down the law. And Superman was not happy with it, but accepted it reluctantly.

To echo that somewhat, remember the only reason Arrow is ending is because Amell wanted to go. Unless the ratings go ridiculously low all the CW hero shows will have long lives. If the leads want to go that's different and they will wrap things up like they did for Amell.

I say echo somewhat because I can't see a show wrapping up cause the lead wants to stay but supporting players want to go. No, if MM and Alex are written out equivalent characters will be written in to fill the void.