Page 250 of 374 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Had a bizarre daydream a little while ago where CW-Jimmy attends his high school reunion and his old classmates keep saying he's not Jimmy because Jimmy's only 5'8 and has red hair and freckles... and likes dressing up like the 11th Doctor...

It's interesting that there has never been a live action Jimmy Olsen that was a red head with freckles. Not Jack Larson, not Mark McClure, Michael Landes, Justin Whalin, Aaron Ashmore, Ryan Harder, Sam Huntington, or Michael Cassidy.
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Supergirl's Jimmy actually is a red head but he shaves his head because people made fun of a black kid with red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    It's interesting that there has never been a live action Jimmy Olsen that was a red head with freckles. Not Jack Larson, not Mark McClure, Michael Landes, Justin Whalin, Aaron Ashmore, Ryan Harder, Sam Huntington, or Michael Cassidy.
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Supergirl's Jimmy actually is a red head but he shaves his head because people made fun of a black kid with red hair.
    Like Malcolm X, perhaps?

Everything they have tried to do with him has fallen flat. The head of CatCo. Becoming Guardian. Being Lena's lover. He was never really all that convincing as Kara's boyfriend. Really the only good
    story lines James had was when he was with Lucy Lane.
    The problem with James is that every now and then they start to make him a focus of the show, they remember the show is called 'Supergirl' and not 'Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson'. And they can't get rid of him- they've already lost almost every other original actor from Season 1.

I actually think he could have a good story if they would focus on CatCo more, and it seems like they may do that this season. As it is, they practically ignored the fact that Kara was a reporter last season, Snapper Carr vanished, and the Reign storyline dominated the second half of the season to a degree that you kind of forgot the characters had a life outside of the DEO. Hell, Winn's girlfriend vanished as well.

As for his relationship with Lena, that felt so much like 'we have nothing for these characters to do- let's pair them up!' I wish they'd bring back Lucy to at least get a love triangle going. And if Jenna Dewan doesn't want to play ball, then just recast the character!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    The problem with James is that every now and then they start to make him a focus of the show, they remember the show is called 'Supergirl' and not 'Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson'. And they can't get rid of him- they've already lost almost every other original actor from Season 1.

I actually think he could have a good story if they would focus on CatCo more, and it seems like they may do that this season. As it is, they practically ignored the fact that Kara was a reporter last season, Snapper Carr vanished, and the Reign storyline dominated the second half of the season to a degree that you kind of forgot the characters had a life outside of the DEO. Hell, Winn's girlfriend vanished as well.

As for his relationship with Lena, that felt so much like 'we have nothing for these characters to do- let's pair them up!' I wish they'd bring back Lucy to at least get a love triangle going. And if Jenna Dewan doesn't want to play ball, then just recast the character!
    Some of this has to do with things the producer don't have that much control over. Calista Flockhart, Jenna Dewan, Peter Facinelli not wanting to leave LA. Actors wanting to do other thing. Laura Benanti and Jeremy Jordan wanting to do
    Broadway. Ian Gomez leaving to do Living Biblically (which flopped). Floriana Lima wanting to do something else. I guess the show doesn't have the budget to throw money at them to have them stay. I'd rather have them spend to money
    on effects and stunts anyway, than pay out big bucks just to keep an actor. Melissa Benoist is the only one it would be hard to replace, everyone else can just be written out or ignored.

Ultimate Member

Or maybe the show just doesn't have a real roadmap for where it wants to go and seems to be more about trying to include as much as it can whether it all makes any sense or not and so there are storylines and such that just end up going nowhere or don't make much sense in the end...not sure how much I'll watch the show this season honestly...

Some of this has to do with things the producer don't have that much control over. Calista Flockhart, Jenna Dewan, Peter Facinelli not wanting to leave LA. Actors wanting to do other thing. Laura Benanti and Jeremy Jordan wanting to do
    Broadway. Ian Gomez leaving to do Living Biblically (which flopped). Floriana Lima wanting to do something else. I guess the show doesn't have the budget to throw money at them to have them stay. I'd rather have them spend to money
    on effects and stunts anyway, than pay out big bucks just to keep an actor. Melissa Benoist is the only one it would be hard to replace, everyone else can just be written out or ignored.
    Oh, so THAT'S where Snapper went!

Well, Laura Benanti was only really needed for the first season, so it wasn't a surprise when she went to Broadway. All that was left for her to do was Hologram segments (and then Alura, though when she left I bet no one thought they'd do that), so why would she stick around for maybe a day's total work? At least in Jeremy Jordan's case, they are willing to work with him so that he'll be able to come back when the show's done. Actually, they've been really good at working with all of the actors if they want to do other things- just look at Melissa this summer. Her show actually ran into the shooting schedule of Supergirl, but they were able to work around it. And I have to say that she's irreplaceable. The day they have to recast Kara Danvers is the day the show ends. I doubt it would survive another season with a new actress in the cape.

As for Floriana- that whole situation is on the producers. They cast her as a special guest star that was only supposed to be in a limited number of episodes, but then her chemistry with Chyler was so good that they kept giving her more and more until they tried to promote her to a series regular- at which point she turned them down. The biggest issue I had with all of that was the whole proposal and the breakup- if they had asked her first and accepted that she wasn't going to stay, they more than likely wouldn't have done that storyline.

Astonishing Member

The chatter is that the show will focus on social issues with a dump on Trumpoid feel and alien discrimination for our current tribal political problems. I hope the show doesn't become too preachy as I watch the show for escape. I'm well informed about society and don't need more analogs to our screwed up reality.

One plot thing bothers me - where are all the aliens coming from? Do we have a spaceport? It's hard to fathom that large numbers are just being dropped off in the wood, analogous to our border crossing debates. With all these aliens arriving, shouldn't we be building our own starships? I'm sure some of them would be hired by Boeing or Airbus to bring them up to speed on ship construction.

That's always a problem for the MU and DCU, we get flooded with high tech and never use it. Well, the Japanese ran into high tech in the 1850's and went from feudal to budding superpower by the 1900's.

Astonishing Member

Well aliens in this verse are pretty plentiful. The casual alien going to work in a full suit living a normal everyday life seemed to show that pretty clearly.

This Earth may very well have higher space travel similarly or the government simply hoards the tech.

Retired

I just assume that most of the aliens arrive on Earth through dimensional portals and teleportation beams, rather than spaceships. Because we don't see a lot of spaceships on the show--and when we do, they call attention to themselves. But we have examples of aliens that arrive covertly on Earth, so that makes more sense to me.

Mighty Member

Pretty good season premiere. I like how their going back to the alien discrimination storyline.

Someone remind me- President Marsdin, did she come to this planet as a child refugee, or did her parents come here as refugees and then give birth to her? I have a feeling if it's the former that we'll be seeing a Constitutional crisis play out next week.

Like how they said that Superman was off world on Argo. Nice touch.

Also a nice touch- the bridge collapsing in the beginning pays out at the end, as we see Red Kara training in Kasnia. Kind of had a Rocky IV vibe for me. I hope when the two Kara's finally meet up, the double says "I must break you." in Russian.

I'm glad that Jimmy called out Kara for acting like Cat there, because I was thinking it. Not a bad thing- I've missed the dynamic between Cat and Kara, so it's nice that we'll get that again with Kara and Nia.

What's the over/under on when James puts the suit back on?

Jury's still out for me on how I feel about Mercy and Otis. I liked how competent they were, but I wasn't really digging their personalities. Actually, Mercy reminded me of Lillian (who was nice to see).

Oooh, the tension between Supergirl and Lena. What's the over/under on when Lillian tells Lena who Supergirl really is?

When Mercy threw the grenade at Alex, I almost shouted out loud "TOSS IT BACK AT HER!" She held onto it for like five full seconds, and it took another 3-5 to detonate under that shield.

Judging from the preview for next week, it looks like Mercy uses that device that Lena re-purposed to seed lead into the air to do what it was originally intended to do- seed the atmosphere with Kryptonite. And thus we now know why Kara is wearing the 'Melissa's still on Broadway' suit.

Overall a good opener. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Someone remind me- President Marsdin, did she come to this planet as a child refugee, or did her parents come here as refugees and then give birth to her? I have a feeling if it's the former that we'll be seeing a Constitutional crisis play out next week.
    Clearly she was elected under false pretenses and unconstitutionally, so I don't know how she doesn't leave the White House via impeachment. If she stays, whatever the reasoning, it will be nonsense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Since the thread header clearly says spoilers I don't think I need to hide anything. So here goes.

Ever notice that on every episode of Supergirl at least one person dies during the episode?

I thought at first J'onn was going to be getting a new love interest, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I wonder what it will take to get J'onn to abandon the way of peace and get his green rage on?

Was red daughter training or building a tunnel?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

The masked villain with Mercy, is that someone from DCU comics?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!