Page 281 of 374 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5596

Did Red Daughter turn day into night with that first blast?

I REALLY hope they aren't trying to make Alex and Jenny Olsen a thing. I get nothing from that actress, and I just want her to go back to DC or wherever she was before.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Kara absored the solar energy around her when she was dead.
    So all it takes to bring a Super back to life is to put a handful of grass in their hand. Seems very quick and efficient. Too bad the Super Friends in the Justice League movie didn't know that, considering all the
    elaborate means they went through to bring Superman back to life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So all it takes to bring a Super back to life is to put a handful of grass in their hand. Seems very quick and efficient. Too bad the Super Friends in the Justice League movie didn't know that, considering all the
    It's a bad idea that Frank Miller used in The Dark Knight Returns which made no sense 30+ years ago. But it's far from the worst take on Kryptonian powers even on this show (let alone other Superman adaptations). Just wish someone would set up a plausible (not necessarily scientifically accurate but just plausible) idea of how the powers work and have that be the standard for TV/Movies/Comics instead of all the wacky depower/repower ideas I've seen.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Seconding the Day to Night punch.

Are we all just supposed to power through that or will there be an explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Seconding the Day to Night punch.

Are we all just supposed to power through that or will there be an explanation?
    I thought that maybe she got punched into a different time zone, but then Eliza showed up.

As for how she was resurrected- you can blame Frank Miller for that. I only wished it had been in a green field so we could see the grass dying as she soaked up the solar radiation, and not a dark forest where we couldn't see anything.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I thought she punched her across the p!anet as well, but on second look that's a nope.

The vines were glowing, but without that it would have looked really weird.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought that maybe she got punched into a different time zone, but then Eliza showed up.

As for how she was resurrected- you can blame Frank Miller for that. I only wished it had been in a green field so we could see the grass dying as she soaked up the solar radiation, and not a dark forest where we couldn't see anything.
    I thought Swamp Thing brought Supergirl back to life.

Anybody got any bright ideas on how to bring the real Brainaic 5 back?

Astonishing Member

There is not enough energy in grass to power a Prius. That was incredibly stupid and pulled out of thin air. I said a long time ago that Brainy's real appearance looks like a Kindergarten dress up party. I don't recall Brainy having TK in the books, might have missed it. The DC CW TV shows pull science babble out of their rear ends when needed. It's a tad annoying.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 05-13-2019 at 06:20 PM.

I didn't quite get why it got dark all of the sudden during the Battle with Red Daughter.

Anyways, good episode. Hoping for an epic fight with Luthor next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I didn't quite get why it got dark all of the sudden during the Battle with Red Daughter.

Anyways, good episode. Hoping for an epic fight with Luthor next week!
    That part confused me, too. Was it Red Daughter's 'evolved' powers? I'd like to think it wasn't just a weird mistake and was actually part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    That part confused me, too. Was it Red Daughter's 'evolved' powers? I'd like to think it wasn't just a weird mistake and was actually part of the story.
    Maybe she got punched into the future

Picture for next weeks episode are here. I have to say, I REALLY don't like the Sons of Liberty's costumes. I'm not usually one to be made uncomfortable by something like this, but the yellow star on a grey hoodie... that's a little too 'Holocaust' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe she got punched into the future

Picture for next weeks episode are here. I have to say, I REALLY don't like the Sons of Liberty's costumes. I'm not usually one to be made uncomfortable by something like this, but the yellow star on a grey hoodie... that's a little too 'Holocaust' for me.
    Well, we're SUPPOSED to be made uncomfortable by the Sons of Liberty. They're a xenophobic hate group, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, we're SUPPOSED to be made uncomfortable by the Sons of Liberty. They're a xenophobic hate group, after all.
    Oh, I agree. But then put them in brown shirts. Don't have them running around with a yellow star on their clothes.

Extraordinary Member

I kinda like Evil Brainy but he should work on his kicks. It must've taken a lot of work to give James superpowers and still make him useless. Yeah the grass thing was pretty stupid. I was a bit surprised at what Lex did to RD.

Lena: "You're not stable."
    James: "Then stabilize me!!!" LOL.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-13-2019 at 10:10 PM.