Page 340 of 374 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alright, did I miss something? Legit confused. Kelly acted as if she knew Kara was Supergirl throughout the episode, but didn't last episode make clear she didn't?
    I never realized she DIDN'T know.

I gotta say- and I can't believe I'm going to say this- I actually like Kelly as the team's crisis counselor. This is a role she should fill, and NOT take over Guardian, which has never really worked for anyone on this show.

I think they set up the flashback episodes with Nia's vison. I wonder if what happened in the past will be the key to getting Kara back.

The phantoms are like a cross between the Jem Ha'dar, the Remans from Star Trek: Nemesis, and the Dementors.

I like this new Brainy a lot more than his more frenetic version he played previously.

Really felt the Covid-19 protocols in effect in this episode, especially during the trial.

I wonder if Kara will get her father out with her, or if Zor El will sacrifice himself to save her? I kinda want to see him get out, and to have a reunion with his wife.

I'd also love to see the conversation between Kara and Zor El about what the hell he was thinking with the Medusa virus. But if the writers can't remember that she spent TWENTY FOUR YEARS in the Phantom Zone previously and not TEN, then I doubt they remember that little tidbit.

I'm also wondering if they are setting up either Nia's sister coming back and reconciling with her, or if maybe Dream Girl from the Legion will travel back in time to help train Nia. Or, maybe by the end of the season, Brainy and Nia travel to the future so that Dream Girl can train Nia there.

I wish this wasn't the last season. I'd like to see another season or 2 of Kara having to deal with the trauma of the Phantom Zone, instead of the probably one episode we'll get, if we're lucky.

Really hoping that William see's his job as fruitless and quits.

Guess we'll find out next episode if Lillian did sell her shares to Lena already, or if Lex will still be in charge. I'm hoping there is a brief battle, Lena comes out victorious, and Lex get's banished to Smallville.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 04-07-2021 at 12:09 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Did anybody expect SG-1 to pop out of the Phantom Zone at some point?

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Did anybody expect SG-1 to pop out of the Phantom Zone at some point?

YES! I forgot to mention it, but it wouldn't be a Canadian production without a Stargate.

Funnily enough, I once saw a still picture from Season 4, at a rally with dozens and dozens of extras made up to be various types of aliens, and I swear there was a Jaffa in there. Had the gold symbol on the forehead and everything.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    YES! I forgot to mention it, but it wouldn't be a Canadian production without a Stargate.

Funnily enough, I once saw a still picture from Season 4, at a rally with dozens and dozens of extras made up to be various types of aliens, and I swear there was a Jaffa in there. Had the gold symbol on the forehead and everything.
    As a huge SG-1 fan, I can't believe I missed that. Good spotting!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Feels appropriate for the final season to finally do the Phantom Zone justice. Did anyone else get the sense the Phantom Zone wraiths were probably edited models of the Shadow Demons from Crisis? Or I guess those were modified from the Time Wraith models. At least they seem tough.

Vampires feel a little low-brow for this show at this point. And he's a gay vampire from a Vampire planet that is apparently the source of the entire vampire myth? So, what, this guy's been on Earth for centuries? I dunno, I feel like the show could've done something more interesting here.

I feel like if Brainy is going to wear his costume, he should look green. I get it's probably a hassle for makeup and Jesse Rath, but it doesn't have the budget excuse the Martians have for wearing their costumes and not their Martian faces.

How else can Kara one-up Superman one last time? Both of her biological parents are still alive! So not only has Zor-El been recast but now he looks as much like he's channeling Russel Crowe as Post-Crisis Jor-El does. I guess that's the family resemblance. Although the tendency for Zor-El to go crazy in modern adaptions makes me worried for what he might be like outside the Phantom Zone.

Andrea using CatCo to go after Lex feels disingenuous when it's for a personal grudge and like she still hasn't learned her lesson. I mean, Cat would've been all over it but for actual journalistic reasons. And then she just saddles Nia with running the story and insinuating she'd bail them out of jail if they went too far to cover the story (basically daring her to get arrested). I just don't think Andrea knows what she's doing beyond her own personal desires she wants the company to fulfill. She even tries to use Lena again for information, but at least now it seems like the two might finally reconcile.

The only thing more important to Lillian than her kids is the Luthor name. Which is kind of funny when she married into it.

How convenient that Lex Luthor is so dangerous that we can have the entire jury show up via video chat to abide by COVID regulations.

Are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room of Eve killing Jeremiah Danvers? Although Alex has enough anxiety to worry about at this point.

Miss Martian with a gun was...something. At least J'onn had the decency to use his telepathy.

Did this trial have to come down to Lex Luthor blaming uppity women for trying to bring down a man in power? I mean, it worked, but still. Just felt more trying to play up current events or politics than something I think Lex would actually do, but it worked so...I dunno. Lex Luthor has +1 Speech and Charisma I guess. Poor Otis disappointed he didn't get to blow anybody up .

I wonder if Crisis fusing all the Multiversal Phantom Zones together might explain Zod coming back Post-Crisis.

So Lex is free again. Who is the main villain of this season? Lex? The person releasing the Phantoms in the Phantom Zone? I'm just not clear on the direction of this season yet beyond being Kara's swan song.

I feel like they're kind of downplaying how close Lena personally was to lobotomizing and mind-controlling the entire planet. Although now it looks like she might end up being charged for her role in all this so...weirdly karmic, I guess?

"I can't think like a family man. I have to think like a soldier." Isn't that usually the opposite message this show is trying to sell?

I don't know how I feel about Nia and William. I guess she's supposed to be the idealistic, rookie, reporter re-igniting his journalistic drive underneath all his cynicism? It's just so hard to muster any enthusiasm about William.

Wow, Alex sure was expecting to get her sister back with all that food she ordered they will not be able to eat with just her and Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vampires feel a little low-brow for this show at this point. And he's a gay vampire from a Vampire planet that is apparently the source of the entire vampire myth? So, what, this guy's been on Earth for centuries? I dunno, I feel like the show could've done something more interesting here.

How else can Kara one-up Superman one last time? Both of her biological parents are still alive! So not only has Zor-El been recast but now he looks as much like he's channeling Russel Crowe as Post-Crisis Jor-El does. I guess that's the family resemblance. Although the tendency for Zor-El to go crazy in modern adaptions makes me worried for what he might be like outside the Phantom Zone.

Andrea using CatCo to go after Lex feels disingenuous when it's for a personal grudge and like she still hasn't learned her lesson. I mean, Cat would've been all over it but for actual journalistic reasons. And then she just saddles Nia with running the story and insinuating she'd bail them out of jail if they went too far to cover the story (basically daring her to get arrested). I just don't think Andrea knows what she's doing beyond her own personal desires she wants the company to fulfill. She even tries to use Lena again for information, but at least now it seems like the two might finally reconcile.

Are we just going to ignore the elephant in the room of Eve killing Jeremiah Danvers? Although Alex has enough anxiety to worry about at this point.

Miss Martian with a gun was...something. At least J'onn had the decency to use his telepathy.

Did this trial have to come down to Lex Luthor blaming uppity women for trying to bring down a man in power? I mean, it worked, but still. Just felt more trying to play up current events or politics than something I think Lex would actually do, but it worked so...I dunno. Lex Luthor has +1 Speech and Charisma I guess. Poor Otis disappointed he didn't get to blow anybody up .

So Lex is free again. Who is the main villain of this season? Lex? The person releasing the Phantoms in the Phantom Zone? I'm just not clear on the direction of this season yet beyond being Kara's swan song.

I feel like they're kind of downplaying how close Lena personally was to lobotomizing and mind-controlling the entire planet. Although now it looks like she might end up being charged for her role in all this so...weirdly karmic, I guess?
    In order:

No, this vampire alien was a prisoner on Fort Rozz. I think what they were saying is that the aliens from Transylvain have come to Earth before, and those were the basis for the vampire myths in human history.

I did find it funny that Kara now has both of her parents alive, while Clark has lost both sets of his parents. But at this point, I'm almost expecting them to stumble upon Jor El and Laura somewhere in the Zone.

The only time Andrea has been a good, compelling character was right before Crisis when Kara and company learned she was Acrata, and she turned against Leviathan to help Kara fight Shakka Kahn. Outside of that, she's been a fairly terrible character.

Why not? They ignored Jeremiah for three years. I'm shocked they remembered him long enough to kill him off.

I'm seeing set pictures where they are filming an episode later in the season, with both J'onn and M'Gann are using space guns. I think Brainy is, as well. It is weird to see.

I guess Lex could shoot someone on 5th ave. and get away with it.

They really haven't released much information about what this season is supposed to be. From what I remember, Lex was supposed to be wrapped up at the end of last season before Covid- the delay meant he carried over into this season. That's why I was surprised his trial has already happened, and that he got off. I was expecting him to bow out and a new threat to rise.

Oddly, I'm more sympathetic to what Lena was doing now that she's seen the error of her ways. At least she was coming to it from a desire to help people. And I really don't know where they plan to take this- will Lena go on trial now and be found guilty of being an uppity woman or something?

Astonishing Member

I used to like the show but I watched the new season and couldn't get into it. Lex is a good Lex but the plots and all the personal interactions don't interest me. Kara, just pick up Lex and fly him into the sun.

Clark's show is much better in plot and acting dynamics.

Does anyone else feel like this Zor-El might not be the genuine article? Maybe the Phantom Zone is playing tricks on Supergirl or something.

I loved the combining of Dreamer and J'onn's abilities, that was cool.

Well I'll be dipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Lex explains Trump's appeal.
    Much like during season 3 of Young Justice, the line between Lex Luthor and Donald Trump is blurred. Good going on this show for making Lex so slimy.

Really felt the Covid-19 protocols in effect in this episode, especially during the trial.
    Yeah, all those screens made it seem weirdly futuristic.

I feel like that needs to be addressed. I was thinking about that the whole time. Eve kinda needs to be brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Yeah, all those screens made it seem weirdly futuristic.
    Made me think WWE, since that's how they have their audience now.

Mighty Member

The love-hate relationship Lex has with Lena is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The rant at the end, definitely yes. But earlier, to just show they were in a relationship, and therefore her testimony must be stricken, made no sense.
    How so? It showed that her testimony was "biased" and therefore "less trusted". Which tied into the misogyny aspect - don't trust the jilted woman.

Is it just me, or were the water-works really dialed up this past ep? Alex breaking down, Lena and Brainy weeping over Lex, J'onn being down on himself... it took me out of it just how much they were all crying about it. I think those scenes would have been better had the director shown a bit more restraint there.

Also, I just don't agree with how quickly Alex has given up and is breaking down like Kara is dead. It only just happened, and they're working on a way to find her. It's just to give her and Kelly some emotional scenes I guess, but I find it hard to believe that Alex would be so despondent so soon.

Yeah, this episode didn't do it for me either. But hey, guess we'll have to do some padding until Kara returns.

Also, who wants to bet that the new Imp will become a villain?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is it just me, or were the water-works really dialed up this past ep? Alex breaking down, Lena and Brainy weeping over Lex, J'onn being down on himself... it took me out of it just how much they were all crying about it. I think those scenes would have been better had the director shown a bit more restraint there.

Also, I just don't agree with how quickly Alex has given up and is breaking down like Kara is dead. It only just happened, and they're working on a way to find her. It's just to give her and Kelly some emotional scenes I guess, but I find it hard to believe that Alex would be so despondent so soon.
    For Alex, I think it might be a combination of factors. On the one hand, she had psyched herself up that she was going to get her sister back immediately. All she needed to do was find that one guy from last week, and he'd show them how to get her back and they would.

Then there was the fact that she probably believed it would be relatively easy to locate Kara in the zone.

Instead, the plan backfired and a Phantom is now loose on Earth. And on top of that, the Zone is fractured, meaning that there are almost infinite places to look for Kara now. I think the reality has started to sink in, and it broke her.

For Alex, I think it might be a combination of factors. On the one hand, she had psyched herself up that she was going to get her sister back immediately. All she needed to do was find that one guy from last week, and he'd show them how to get her back and they would.

Then there was the fact that she probably believed it would be relatively easy to locate Kara in the zone.

Instead, the plan backfired and a Phantom is now loose on Earth. And on top of that, the Zone is fractured, meaning that there are almost infinite places to look for Kara now. I think the reality has started to sink in, and it broke her.
    I agree with everything you're saying, I just think of her as being more resilient than that. It was a setback, not a breaking point to me. But opinions will vary...