Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313
Results 4,681 to 4,693 of 4693
  1. #4681
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    All Kara does in this show is explore her feelings and emotions.

    As to why she acted like this here- first, this isn't the first time she's seen her mother die. Maybe she's in denial and doesn't believe she's truly gone. Maybe she can accept it more easily because she spent years believing her mother was dead, and considers the time they had together again a gift. Or maybe she's just internalizing everything at this moment, and she'll break down later. It's important to note that all of this happened in the span of a few hours; Kal was more emotional as a new father who's son (and then wife) were out in the unknown where he couldn't protect them. Kara, meanwhile, has had a world-threatening crisis to deal with every year for the past 4 years, so she may have been able to better compartmentalize her feelings. Also, we have yet to see the full aftermath of Kara loosing her second home; they could be saving that for later in the Crisis, or later in her season.

    I should also note that, as of now, we only know that 3 billion people were saved. But we don't know if Eliza, James, Jeremiah, or anyone else they were closed to made it off the planet. And since Earth 38 was wiped from existence, so too was it's future, which means the Legion (and Mon-El, and Winn) are most likely dead. I suspect we may explore that at some point as well.
    I think it's important to note that Kara experienced Krypton's destruction differently then Clark did, because she was actually raised there, and had time to process and deal with the loss differently then he did. So I don't think it's so much that she's a cipher so much as she's bringing her own perspective into things to help Clark.

    I think the shows have an issue of treating Clark too much like a supporting character to Kara, but I can emphasize with what Clark was feeling at the time.

    I think anyone who didn't get evacuated will be restored once the Earths merge.

  2. #4682
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    The problem to me is that according to the show Superman was an established hero before Kara ever revealed her existence, but is written as if he is a neophyte around Supergirl.

    He should have over a decade of dealing with these situations more than Kara. So if he is emotionally overwhelmed by the stakes, she should be too. And if she is able to compartmentalize and deal with what needs to be done leaving the emotional reaction until she has time to deal with it, he should be able to do the same. Saying she spends every other episode dealing with her emotions actually makes less sense as it would seem she should be more likely then to be doing so now.

    I can see Clark being worried and a bit despondent, though I'd rather he have a veteran hero approach of "I'll deal with that when there is time". I can deal with Kara putting on a brave face and trying to keep a positive attitude. But it makes no sense for the girl who isn't five years into her career to always be giving advice to the guy who has been at this so much longer.
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 12-09-2019 at 11:41 AM.

  3. #4683
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    The problem to me is that according to the show Superman was an established hero before Kara ever revealed her existence, but is written as if he is a neophyte around Supergirl.

    He should have over a decade of dealing with these situations more than Kara. So if he is emotionally overwhelmed by the stakes, she should be too. And if she is able to compartmentalize and deal with what needs to be done leaving the emotional reaction until she has time to deal with it, he should be able to do the same. Saying she spends every other episode dealing with her emotions actually makes less sense as it would seem she should be more likely then to be doing so now.

    I can see Clark being worried and a bit despondent, though I'd rather he have a veteran hero approach of "I'll deal with that when there is time". I can deal with Kara putting on a brave face and trying to keep a positive attitude. But it makes no sense for the girl who isn't five years into her career to always be giving advice to the guy who has been at this so much longer.
    I blame "main character" syndrome.

  4. #4684
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I blame "main character" syndrome.
    Except Ollie and Barry aren't treated this way. Ollie actually is the hero of the episode. And Barry never gets undercut (at least not more than on his own show) when he guest stars.

  5. #4685
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Except Ollie and Barry aren't treated this way. Ollie actually is the hero of the episode. And Barry never gets undercut (at least not more than on his own show) when he guest stars.
    Because they're the leads of the other shows. As of this point, Superman is still basically just a supporting character for Kara until his show starts.

  6. #4686
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Because they're the leads of the other shows. As of this point, Superman is still basically just a supporting character for Kara until his show starts.
    Ding Ding!

    If his show is picked up and they still treat him like a second banana when Supergirl cameos, then you can complain. But for now, Superman is making a guest appearance in SUPERGIRL, so of course they are going to show the lead of the show in a more positive light then the guest star.

  7. #4687
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,305

    Default

    I'm pretty much returning to the Arrowverse just for this crossover but I'm hoping they treat Routh's Superman with respect. This is technically Christopher Reeve's Superman. Dude is strong af. He better not get washed by fodder
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  8. #4688
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I'm interested in learning what the post crisis arrowverse will be.

  9. #4689
    Astonishing Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,715

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I can see Clark being worried and a bit despondent, though I'd rather he have a veteran hero approach of "I'll deal with that when there is time". I can deal with Kara putting on a brave face and trying to keep a positive attitude. But it makes no sense for the girl who isn't five years into her career to always be giving advice to the guy who has been at this so much longer.
    Don't forget, Kara was all about finding validation from Clark early on. He gave her advice and support way before he appeared on the show. Superman was THE man when Kara was still finding her legs. So yeah, in this universe they're a little more even than you'd like - they support one another and Superman can have a human moment and lean on his cousin sometimes. To me, Clark's moment spoke to his sense of super-altruism. He thought he could focus on himself for once and things went to shit, so he was racked with guilt in a way that nobody else would.

    And also yeah, Kara outlasted him in the "recharging the solar panels" scene, but he'd been on Argo for a long time under a red sun.

  10. #4690
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Thank you so much, great post.

  11. #4691

  12. #4692
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm pretty much returning to the Arrowverse just for this crossover but I'm hoping they treat Routh's Superman with respect. This is technically Christopher Reeve's Superman. Dude is strong af. He better not get washed by fodder
    His Superman did beat up the Earth-38 Superman.

  13. #4693
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I'm pretty much returning to the Arrowverse just for this crossover but I'm hoping they treat Routh's Superman with respect. This is technically Christopher Reeve's Superman. Dude is strong af. He better not get washed by fodder
    Well, he wasn't washed by fodder.

    The ending though, well, it makes sense for the setup.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •