Page 252 of 374 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'm thinking they're benching Jimmy and J'onn to make more time for the Legion characters. Kinda sucks to me as J'onn and Jim are a more interesting than anybody from the LOS so far imo. But only time will tell.
    What other Legion characters? The only one left is Brainy; the others went back to the future. And Brainy is taking the time that would have been used on Winn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Brainy has to help her out of the cuffs (because honestly, heaven forbid this show ever showed Supergirl saving herself!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I really want to refute everything you've said- but I can't. I went with the cuffs at first- I thought they were Red Sun cuffs that would cut off her powers. Instead, they were gravity cuffs? Which in and of itself makes no sense why it would work on Kara considering she defies gravity every time she lifts off. And she couldn't break them? They couldn't have at least thrown in that they were made of prometheum or something?
    I think it was more the initial spike in a gravitational pull that caught her by surprise - she probably would have been able to fly, eventually. However, gravity has been used against Superman on numerous occasions (including over in Superman Adventures) and there was a time when it was used as a specific weakness (they excused it with 'Krypton had high gravity so a high-gravity planet should negate his flying ability') but that was later cast aside.

I agree, though, that throwing in that it was made of some super-alloy would have it make more sense re her struggling to break them.

and then at the end, she couldn't catch up with two people on motorbikes.

Supergirl. Could not fly faster. Than motorbikes.
    And the motorcycle chase annoyed the crap out of me. Kara has kept pace with Barry, for Christs' sake. She should have easily been able to run down the pair of them. But this is the kind of crap we have to put up with because the writers aren't clever enough to think of logical ways the Graves' could have outrun Kara.
    Yeah, that sequence of events made no sense, considering all her previous speed-feats.

Jonn realises the link between the crimes before she does
    The one thing I didn't mind was J'onn putting it together before Kara. Kara is an idealist, and with all she had done, all she saw was the positive side of things. Like J'onn said, she can pass for human- and she really doesn't interact with aliens that can't pass for human on a regular basis. So it would be easy for her to miss the hatred that is bubbling beneath the surface.
    I can see her not accepting the possibility, initially, for about two minutes, but the fact they took both spikes and that using them in the scanner made no sense should have snapped her out of such dismissiveness. They showed us the entry scanner - they shoved the spike in there... (from what I recall, that poor guy would have to contort himself every time he wanted access to that room). Sure, he might not have fingerprints, but there are other biometric options that could be used.

Her not seeing the hatred is understandable, but also naive - but at least they seem to addressing her privilege in this regard.

Extraordinary Member

What other Legion characters? The only one left is Brainy; the others went back to the future. And Brainy is taking the time that would have been used on Winn.
    Okay then I guess other chars like Manchester Black and so and so.

Lex Luthor will finally make his present-day debut on Supergirl.

He is set to have a recurring role this season.

"We're beyond excited to introduce iconic villain, Lex Luthor, to Supergirl and to weave him into our story this season," said Rovner and Queller in a joint statement (via The Hollywood Reporter). "We’ve talked about having Lex on the show since its inception and we’re excited to have him finally arrive. We can’t wait for him to shake things up in National City and watch him go toe to toe with not only Supergirl, but his sister Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath)."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lex Luthor will finally make his present-day debut on Supergirl.

He is set to have a recurring role this season.
    Outstanding. Supergirl is already the best superhero show on TV and this can't hurt. They should get Ian Butler to play Lex. He played Lionel in the flashback of the “Luthors” episode,
    and he is very handsome. I think part of Lex’s charisma should be he is handsome. And people could comment that Lex looks just like his father.
    I guess with WB and Henry Cavill parting ways and no plans for a Man of Steel 2 this frees up the Superman characters to be on Supergirl.

Bet you didn't know Jimmy Olsen has a sister.

"We will finally meet a James Olsen relative on Supergirl. Azie Tesfai (Jane The Virgin) is set to recur on Season 4 as Kelly Olsen, the sister of iconic DC character Olsen, played by Mehcad Brooks. Kelly is an intelligent and insightful woman who spent time in the military in order to pay for medical school. She’s recently discharged from the military and is currently finishing her training as a psychiatrist. She’s got a large heart and cares deeply about others."

https://deadline.com/2018/10/supergi...t-list-wrapper

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

"We will finally meet a James Olsen relative on Supergirl. Azie Tesfai (Jane The Virgin) is set to recur on Season 4 as Kelly Olsen, the sister of iconic DC character Olsen, played by Mehcad Brooks. Kelly is an intelligent and insightful woman who spent time in the military in order to pay for medical school. She’s recently discharged from the military and is currently finishing her training as a psychiatrist. She’s got a large heart and cares deeply about others."

She has some big, beautiful eyes there.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

All of these additions seem fine but I am worried that the show is going to make the same mistake as last year and lose focus on Superirl herself. To my mind, this isn't an ensemble show but is all about Supergirl/ Kara with the other charcaters as fine support. All of the issues of last season are secondary to its biggest flaw: it made Kara and the wonderful Melissa Benoist, a c-character in her own show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

She sounds like Lucy.

(Is this where Jimmy's sister fetish comes from?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    All of these additions seem fine but I am worried that the show is going to make the same mistake as last year and lose focus on Superirl herself. To my mind, this isn't an ensemble show but is all about Supergirl/ Kara with the other charcaters as fine support. All of the issues of last season are secondary to its biggest flaw: it made Kara and the wonderful Melissa Benoist, a c-character in her own show.
    I mean, all the "solo" Superhero shows on the CW have basically become ensemble shows at this point.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She sounds like Lucy.

(Is this where Jimmy's sister fetish comes from?)

I mean, all the "solo" Superhero shows on the CW have basically become ensemble shows at this point.
    True but Supergirl really didn't start that way when it was on CBS.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I hope Jimmy's sister sticks around. Sounds like she'll be fun. Don't know who she'll get paired off with romantically. Winn?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope Jimmy's sister sticks around. Sounds like she'll be fun. Don't know who she'll get paired off with romantically. Winn?
    Winn’s gone, so probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Winn’s gone, so probably not.
    Temporarily gone
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Temporarily gone
    Winn is expected to return for season 4 but not regularly. Between that and living in the future, prolly not a good candidate for a romance storyline with a recurring character.

Mighty Member

I liked that shot of Supergirl and the American flag at the beginning of the episode.