Page 298 of 302 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4526

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    did you see the ratings this week? ouch
    And this despite the new season being pretty great imO.

I mean, I'm not sure Lena is gonna make it back to the light.....

Many heartbreaking moments, both on J'onn's as well as on Nia's part.

But William being a part of Leviathan, that is pretty interesting. Wonder where it'll go.

Nothing is going to have great numbers going against Sunday Night Football.(certainly not overnights since football is live and I'm sure more will watch Supergirl on DVR)

How much longer do you think SUPERGIRL will run?

Melissa Benoist wants to get back onto movies at some point (see: WHIPLASH). Then again, this is as steady a paycheck as she'll ever get. The CW can't recast her without tremendous blowback.

I think either this or next season will be the last season.

CW is definitely already planning next-gen superhero shows post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Nothing is going to have great numbers going against Sunday Night Football.(certainly not overnights since football is live and I'm sure more will watch Supergirl on DVR)
    Plus the new Watchmen series was on HBO at the same time. I an sure Watchmen siphoned off some Supergirl fans.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Melissa Benoist wants to get back onto movies at some point (see: WHIPLASH). Then again, this is as steady a paycheck as she'll ever get. The CW can't recast her without tremendous blowback.

Whiplash was 5 years ago. Plus Melissa has been doing movies during Supergirl breaks. Since Supergirl started Melissa has been in Lowriders, Patriot's Day, Billy Boy, Sun Dogs and most recently Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.
    Also on TV she did a six part miniseries about Waco, Texas where she played David Koresh's wife Rachel. If anything Melissa probably wants to do more Broadway. That's why Laura Benanti and Jeremy Jordan left.

We will probably get a full 5th season but if this is the last season maybe they will do like they did with Arrow, and give a shortened 6th season. They also did that with Gotham, another DC/WB property.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

It's the CW. They will run this show for as long as they can. But I think if David Harewood or Chyler Leigh decide to leave, they will have to wrap it up. And if Melissa wants to leave, they will wrap it up.

And then we'd probably get that long-rumored Superman show.

As a side note- is this Superman a likeable figure? I mean, sure- the actor does a good job portraying him. But every time Tyler and Melissa share a scene, I can't help but think that this Superman dumped his cousin- who by her reckoning had just lost her entire world and who's only job was to care for her baby cousin, which she couldn't do because she got to Earth late- on a human family she never met and by all accounts then stayed away for years, only ever talking to her via instant messages. In my mind that makes him extremely unlikable.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's the CW. They will run this show for as long as they can. But I think if David Harewood or Chyler Leigh decide to leave, they will have to wrap it up. And if Melissa wants to leave, they will wrap it up.

And then we'd probably get that long-rumored Superman show.

As a side note- is this Superman a likeable figure? I mean, sure- the actor does a good job portraying him. But every time Tyler and Melissa share a scene, I can't help but think that this Superman dumped his cousin- who by her reckoning had just lost her entire world and who's only job was to care for her baby cousin, which she couldn't do because she got to Earth late- on a human family she never met and by all accounts then stayed away for years, only ever talking to her via instant messages. In my mind that makes him extremely unlikable.

Thoughts?
    This is pretty in character for Superman. He did the same thing to her in the Silver Age and in the post crisis universe left the Amazons to train and raise her. He's always had a relatively hands off approach to other members of the Super family except for Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is pretty in character for Superman. He did the same thing to her in the Silver Age and in the post crisis universe left the Amazons to train and raise her. He's always had a relatively hands off approach to other members of the Super family except for Jon.
    I don't know about the sliver age, but post-Crisis when they brought her back, I remember Clark taking her in and trying to raise her, but Batman and Wonder Woman forced the issue and Diana pretty much kidnapped her and took her to Themyscira to train while Batman laid down the law. And Superman was not happy with it, but accepted it reluctantly.

To echo that somewhat, remember the only reason Arrow is ending is because Amell wanted to go. Unless the ratings go ridiculously low all the CW hero shows will have long lives. If the leads want to go that's different and they will wrap things up like they did for Amell.

I say echo somewhat because I can't see a show wrapping up cause the lead wants to stay but supporting players want to go. No, if MM and Alex are written out equivalent characters will be written in to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    To echo that somewhat, remember the only reason Arrow is ending is because Amell wanted to go. Unless the ratings go ridiculously low all the CW hero shows will have long lives. If the leads want to go that's different and they will wrap things up like they did for Amell.

I say echo somewhat because I can't see a show wrapping up cause the lead wants to stay but supporting players want to go. No, if MM and Alex are written out equivalent characters will be written in to fill the void.
    I can't see equivalent characters being written for them. The relationship between Alex and Kara is the core of the show in many ways, and I can't see it working without her. For J'onn, it may be easier since he's just a mentor and paternal figure, but it would still be hard to loose him.

Other characters are replaceable, some easier than others (Winn). We still haven't gotten a good replacement for Cat, and I don't think we ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I can't see equivalent characters being written for them. The relationship between Alex and Kara is the core of the show in many ways, and I can't see it working without her. For J'onn, it may be easier since he's just a mentor and paternal figure, but it would still be hard to loose him.

Other characters are replaceable, some easier than others (Winn). We still haven't gotten a good replacement for Cat, and I don't think we ever will.
    ...but the show still won't end unless Benoist wants to go is my point. She's the lynch pin, its her show. As important as MM and Alex are, them being written out won't end the show. Change it, sure, since the show will have Kara have similar but ultimately different relationships with whoever is brought in to fill the void. But end it? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...but the show still won't end unless Benoist wants to go is my point. She's the lynch pin, its her show. As important as MM and Alex are, them being written out won't end the show. Change it, sure, since the show will have Kara have similar but ultimately different relationships with whoever is brought in to fill the void. But end it? No.
    If Chyler leaves then Supergirl would basically be an only child for all practical purposes. Which is how all versions of Superman are. It's not like Alex and Kara are in every scene together anyway. Maybe we might
    even get to see more Supergirl if we didn't have all the B plots dealing with Alex's love life. Nothing against lesbian relationships, it would be just as much of a time waster for me if Alex were pinning over a man.
    Just don't replace that with spending a lot of time with Kara pinning over a man. I liked that Kara was on her own last season. Unfortunately it looks like we are going to get Mon-El all over again with William.
    I guess the writers just can't help themselves.

"Spider powers?! Yuck!" That lady must've had some seriously super strong webbing to trap Supergirl like that.

Damn, Brainy, ease up! Yes, being in a relationship means getting to be yourself, but it's also about respecting the other person's comfort level. Learn to compromise and stop writing body part poetry.

I liked that twist with J'onn, I was worried they were going to ruin M'yrnn's character for the sake of having a good villain in Malefic.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Billionaire Bruce Wayne can take on a 12 year old Dick Grayson as his ward. A single Clark Kent can NOT adopt a teenage Kara/Linda Danvers, especially not in the Silver Age (I seem to remember one story where Kara wanted to find Clark a wife specifically so they could adopt her). I liked how the DCAU did it, Kara lived with the Ma and Pa Kent and Clark visited her frequently (all while trying to keep her away from Metropolis and all the danger it presents, at least until she proved herself).

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    "Spider powers?! Yuck!" That lady must've had some seriously super strong webbing to trap Supergirl like that.

Damn, Brainy, ease up! Yes, being in a relationship means getting to be yourself, but it's also about respecting the other person's comfort level. Learn to compromise and stop writing body part poetry.

I liked that twist with J'onn, I was worried they were going to ruin M'yrnn's character for the sake of having a good villain in Malefic.

Billionaire Bruce Wayne can take on a 12 year old Dick Grayson as his ward. A single Clark Kent can NOT adopt a teenage Kara/Linda Danvers, especially not in the Silver Age (I seem to remember one story where Kara wanted to find Clark a wife specifically so they could adopt her). I liked how the DCAU did it, Kara lived with the Ma and Pa Kent and Clark visited her frequently (all while trying to keep her away from Metropolis and all the danger it presents, at least until she proved herself).
    Has it been said that Clark visited frequently? For some reason, I was under the impression that he stayed away and had minimal contact. Him visiting her often actually helps me like him more, because at least then he stayed a part of her life.

I don't care how hot she is, a woman with spider tattoos on her face is 90% of the time going to turn out to be bad news.

If Day is being set up as Kara's new love interest...they realize people came to hate Mon-El because of this relationship dynamic, right?

I like how Nia's robe has stars like Dream Girl's iconic cheek star.

Wow, Kara agreed to commit theft really quickly. I guess she's just that desperate to make sure Lena loves her, although can she really be this naive to fall for Lena's "act" (if it is entirely an act)? And I don't think breaking and entering and property theft for a friend is a sign of a healthy friendship, even if it did lead to an interesting discussion on just how legal our heroes' actions are even when they're ostensibly employed by the government.

Of course they're not going to show a bunch of martian kids and people. They can barely afford enough budget to show J'onn as Martian Manhunter.

Seeing M'yrnn again was nice. Carl Lumbly really sold his anguish over Malefic.

David Harewood trying to play young J'onn with that higher-pitched voice was a trip.

I get Malefic is ticked his family basically locked him up because his powers were too strong and then basically mentally erased him from their minds...but he still sided with the race that planned to commit genocide on the green martians. I can understand why he was angry but that's a bridge too far by any sane metric. And he did this before they mindwiped him out of existence.

How did Guardian show up so quickly after Supergirl super-speeded to the apartment? I guess we needed to throw in another "Guardian gets beat up and is basically useless" moment.

Sean Astin felt so random here. I doubt it's going to be the case but it would've been hilarious if he ended up being Malefic's human form. Is his being in Vancouver the reason Shazam isn't in any of the DC Animated Features movies anymore ?

Kinda surprised Supergirl struggled so much against discount Spider-Woman.

Was that thing that killed the spider-lady Red Cloud from the comics?

In any normal relationship most people would probably have addressed a lover being a little too...overzealous way sooner then Nia did. But I guess Brainy can't operate beyond "100%." Is Brainy going to try and turn himself into a legitimate human to deal with it?

Lena basing her research on Lex's plans for mind control? Lady, you've really lost a step .

I knew the Neilsen ratings were getting worse for SUPERGIRL each season ...

but I didn't appreciate HOW many more people watched it on CBS, and how few followed to the CW.

Man, the CW really is the minor leagues of network TV, isn't it?