Page 319 of 374 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329369 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5596

Glad I picked this back up. Season 4 has been really interesting good thus far. I do think they should repel the Alien Amnesty act, given the president lied about what she was, but other than that it's all been pretty cohesive, although slanted one way in terms of which side is right.

Really like Manchester Black. I think he's been the best "villain" this show has ever had. Hoping for the season finale he has his full on comic psychic powers and has a showdown with John
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 02-29-2020 at 08:45 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Glad I picked this back up. Season 4 has been really interesting good thus far. I do think they should repel the Alien Amnesty act, given the president lied about what she was, but other than that it's all been pretty cohesive, although slanted one way in terms of which side is right.

Really like Manchester Black. I think he's been the best "villain" this show has ever had. Hoping for the season finale he has his full on comic psychic powers and has a showdown with John
    Yeah, season 4 was really strong. This season hasn't been as good, unfortunately, but it hasn't completely lost the plot either. It has also been much improved since the crossover with some much-needed focus. It does need to start trimming the cast down again, though. Like the Flash, large parts of the supporting cast often vanish for episodes at a time and, frankly, we are often left with rather less interesting characters instead (Kelly, the dude who may be Kara's girlfriend at some point but is so bland I can't even remember his name). On the other hand, though, this season has felt a bit more focused on Supergirl herself, which is a huge plus because not only is this her show, she (and Benoist, of course) is easily the best thing about the show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, season 4 was really strong. This season hasn't been as good, unfortunately, but it hasn't completely lost the plot either. It has also been much improved since the crossover with some much-needed focus. It does need to start trimming the cast down again, though. Like the Flash, large parts of the supporting cast often vanish for episodes at a time and, frankly, we are often left with rather less interesting characters instead (Kelly, the dude who may be Kara's girlfriend at some point but is so bland I can't even remember his name). On the other hand, though, this season has felt a bit more focused on Supergirl herself, which is a huge plus because not only is this her show, she (and Benoist, of course) is easily the best thing about the show.
    I thought season 4 was really good, though I did start to tire of the Agent Liberty stuff by the end. But then in the last 3 or 4 episodes it really picked back up.

This season, like all of the shows, has suffered due to Crisis. Between having to fit the narative they are trying to tell around the crossover, to having to work with actor's schedules (leaving some to be unavailable at times and vanish for entire episodes), to funneling the FX budget to the crossover, which resulted in some truly horrendous looking special effects (almost 90's syndicated TV bad), each show has suffered to a degree. And in Supergirl and Batwoman's case, it didn't help that they were forced to take 2 weeks off for the Superbowl and the Oscars, and are AGAIN taking a week off for... reasons. All of that being said, it's still been a pretty good season so far.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought season 4 was really good, though I did start to tire of the Agent Liberty stuff by the end. But then in the last 3 or 4 episodes it really picked back up.

This season, like all of the shows, has suffered due to Crisis. Between having to fit the narative they are trying to tell around the crossover, to having to work with actor's schedules (leaving some to be unavailable at times and vanish for entire episodes), to funneling the FX budget to the crossover, which resulted in some truly horrendous looking special effects (almost 90's syndicated TV bad), each show has suffered to a degree. And in Supergirl and Batwoman's case, it didn't help that they were forced to take 2 weeks off for the Superbowl and the Oscars, and are AGAIN taking a week off for... reasons. All of that being said, it's still been a pretty good season so far.
    I can understand the weeks off for Super Bowl and the Oscars, but this one for this week is... weird.

Melissa is pregnant:

Congratulations to her and Chris Wood .

Oi, that's nice. I'm just wondering on what kind of suit she'll get to try and hide this ;D Also, wonder if she'll take a leave of absence?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Oi, that's nice. I'm just wondering on what kind of suit she'll get to try and hide this ;D Also, wonder if she'll take a leave of absence?
    Yeah, I'm really curious how they're going to workaround this when she's the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I'm really curious how they're going to workaround this when she's the lead.
    With a possible writer’s strike on the horizon, they may want to shoot episodes early. And maybe Superman and Lois could fill the void?

I mean, they COULD try a situation like with Oliver in Arrow Season 3, when he was presumed dead, but going full throttle and not showing her at all.

I don't know if they'll try to work it into the show the way they did Melanie Scrofano's pregnancy in Wynonna Earp. Wynonna and Kara are very different characters, after all.

Anyway, it'll certainly present challenges for the writers and showrunners.

It screams "bad idea" and "jump the shark" in my head, but I'd still think it was cool if they work her pregnancy into the show and have her have a daughter to have adventures with Superman's two sons.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I guess there is a couple ways they could do this. They could somehow work it into the show (maybe William knocks her up. Ugh...); they could work around it and try to shoot as much stuff with Melissa up front for multiple episodes, or they could delay the start of Season 6 until midseason and have it go through part of the summer, kind of like they did when they gave Legends Supergirl's timeslot for several weeks. They could also benefit from a writer's strike, but there is no guarantee how long it would go on, or if it would happen at all. And they could find a story line that would allow them to write her out for a period of time and let the supporting cast take over.

Regardless, I am very happy for her and Chris.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    With a possible writer’s strike on the horizon, they may want to shoot episodes early. And maybe Superman and Lois could fill the void?
    What writers' strike ? I was under the impression it'd be another twenty years after the last one in 2007, '08 ,and the loss the writers took thanks to it, they'd be real hesitant at running over their collective dicks again.

Makes me wonder if they'll just order a "fill-in" half season or something of the new "Green Arrow and the Canaries" and wait out Benoist's pregnancy. They've been dragging their feet about the GA spin-off...

Incredible Member

I'm thinking next season might be the last...after the baby's born she's not gonna want this kind of heavy filming schedule in another country with a newborn at home.