Page 353 of 374 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Not yet. Diggle my yet show up in the final stretch of episodes though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

If Diggle doesn't go GL, that was a rather crappy tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Diggle doesn't go GL, that was a rather crappy tease.
    I was always keeping my expectations in check because I don't think WB would let them actually use a real GL, let alone would they have the budget for it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was always keeping my expectations in check because I don't think WB would let them actually use a real GL, let alone would they have the budget for it.
    Heh. Most of the episodes would find John forgetting to charge his ring, so he would be forced to fight crime without his costume and powers instead.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. Most of the episodes would find John forgetting to charge his ring, so he would be forced to fight crime without his costume and powers instead.
    Or he finds an excuse not to be GL until the five minutes of screentime they can afford at the climax of the episode .

Or he finds an excuse not to be GL until the five minutes of screentime they can afford at the climax of the episode .
    That, too, Frontier. At any rate, John would be forced to be a low-budget GL instead of the one from the comics and cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That, too, Frontier. At any rate, John would be forced to be a low-budget GL instead of the one from the comics and cartoons.
    Yeah...there's a reason Stargirl wrote out Jade, who is effectively a GL, almost as soon as she appeared.

Yeah...there's a reason Stargirl wrote out Jade, who is effectively a GL, almost as soon as she appeared.
    Being far more powerful than the titular head of the show probably didn't help, either.

I think Diggle is supposed to appear next episode. They've released promo pictures with him interacting with Kelly, who will don her Guardian costume.

It's been said, but they really missed an opportunity to have a non-costumed support character with Kelly. She should have been someone who stayed behind in the Tower, counseling the other heroes through their problems. And then it occurred to me that the Arrowverse can't ever seem to have non-combatant civilians in their main cast. Diggle got a costume. Lyla was the director of ARGUS, and an agent before that. Both Laurel and Thea both became vigilantes. Hell, even Felicity went into the field a few times. Cisco and Caitlin both became metahuman heroes, even Iris has been a speedster a few times. Both Lance and Joe West were cops that did work with their respective heroes/vigilantes at times. And now in Supergirl, EVERYONE is in a mask. Hell, at this point, I'm waiting for Hellen Slater to show up again and kick ass with the team.

The closest we've had to civilian non-combatant support would have been Moira, and Kate's half-sister, the doctor (and the jury's still out on whether or not she takes Bette Kane's role of Flamebird/Hawkfire).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think Diggle is supposed to appear next episode. They've released promo pictures with him interacting with Kelly, who will don her Guardian costume.

It's been said, but they really missed an opportunity to have a non-costumed support character with Kelly. She should have been someone who stayed behind in the Tower, counseling the other heroes through their problems. And then it occurred to me that the Arrowverse can't ever seem to have non-combatant civilians in their main cast. Diggle got a costume. Lyla was the director of ARGUS, and an agent before that. Both Laurel and Thea both became vigilantes. Hell, even Felicity went into the field a few times. Cisco and Caitlin both became metahuman heroes, even Iris has been a speedster a few times. Both Lance and Joe West were cops that did work with their respective heroes/vigilantes at times. And now in Supergirl, EVERYONE is in a mask. Hell, at this point, I'm waiting for Hellen Slater to show up again and kick ass with the team.

The closest we've had to civilian non-combatant support would have been Moira, and Kate's half-sister, the doctor (and the jury's still out on whether or not she takes Bette Kane's role of Flamebird/Hawkfire).
    On the one hand, her Guardian costume actually looks pretty good.

On the other hand, we really didn't need another character in a costume.

Mighty Member

Lena's about to become a Scarlet Witch?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Lena's about to become a Scarlet Witch?
    Or Morgana Le Fay.

Incredible Member

It was an interesting episode. But then after a while it felt like it got lost in the plot.

I enjoyed Mxy singing at the start. It was cute.
    Supergirl's ridiculous everyone can be saved was absurd. I mean she has been
    a superhero for a while now, she ought to know that there is evil in the world. Not
    everyone can be talked down, it has to be confronted. That it took a whole show
    to learn that after six years seems bizarre.

The Newfie accents were all over the place. Newfoundland does have a distinct culture,
    it isn't just a random place on a map. I guess they wanted to have Lena go to someplace
    outside the US.

Others have said it on this thread the bizarre eye shadow for Alex just isn't working. It looks absurd.
    I do like the show, although the confrontations at the end of the show where everyone stands
    in a line confronting the latest monster gets tiresome. It leaves me feeling more could be done
    with the show, but I know we are getting down to the end here.

Incredible Member

then colin morgan should guest star as merlin

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    Others have said it on this thread the bizarre eye shadow for Alex just isn't working. It looks absurd.
    I do like the show, although the confrontations at the end of the show where everyone stands
    in a line confronting the latest monster gets tiresome. It leaves me feeling more could be done
    with the show, but I know we are getting down to the end here.
    I heard recently that Chyler designed the eye makeup look herself, which may be why they are sticking with it. But I agree- if she's going to be a vigilante, she needs to wear a mask.

We actually got an ad for next week's episode for a change. So Nyxly was just able to neutralize a Kryptonian, a Martian, a half-Naltoran, a Coulan, a human with extensive training using Martian technology, and another 5th Dimensional Imp. But don't worry! Next week a powerless rookie with a shield is going to kick her ass!

I was thinking about this today, and fine. If they had to make Kelly a vigilante, there were ways they could do it that would have made more sense. Introduce her as a former Green Beret, or Special Forces- someone with extensive combat training. Say a mission went bad, she retired from active combat, and finished a Psychology degree, so that she could still be a therapist. And you have the enemy she's going to fight be on her level- the Children of Liberty would have been the perfect foils. Or you do Leviathan like they did in the comics- not yet another alien race from the Kryptonian sector of space, but humans who are looking to bring down the various intelligence agencies of the world to replace them with their own group. You don't spend one episode training, then immediately put her up against a near all-powerful magical entity, no matter HOW hobbled she is at the moment.