Page 360 of 374 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That's the problem with every CW show. There's not one centered on a single hero (except Batwoman, which may not still be the case; I haven't watched it since season 1).

Sandy
    They just added Batwing.

Incredible Member

The whole man in the chair, team bit gets annoying.
    But it is the CW way of doing things.
    The Super Friends (worst team name ever) is too far gone
    to stop as they wind down.

Thankfully, they have avoided this on Superman and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    The whole man in the chair, team bit gets annoying.
    But it is the CW way of doing things.
    The Super Friends (worst team name ever) is too far gone
    to stop as they wind down.

Thankfully, they have avoided this on Superman and Lois.
    Have they?

You had General Lane basically as the man in the chair in season 1. And while Clark didn't have a 'team', he had a partner at the end in Steel, and Lois gave as good as she got. Heck, even the kids got in on the action at times.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Have they?

You had General Lane basically as the man in the chair in season 1. And while Clark didn't have a 'team', he had a partner at the end in Steel, and Lois gave as good as she got. Heck, even the kids got in on the action at times.
    Compared to, like, Cisco, Felicity, Winn, etc. General Lane was pretty tame as far as guy in the chairs go.

I also don't think the rest of the family are as comparable to, say, Team Flash or Supergirl's host of heroes. Especially when Jon barely uses his powers, let alone effectively.

Incredible Member

I would agree with Frontier.

I suppose we could see some elements, but it wasn't the heavy handed way Flash is presented.
    Flash is little more than one among a whole team of experts. The supporting cast doesn't have
    the same role.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    That's the problem with every CW show. There's not one centered on a single hero (except Batwoman, which may not still be the case; I haven't watched it since season 1).

Sandy
    I don't think it's a CW thing. Stargirl was doing it on HBO last season, FWIW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I would agree with Frontier.

I suppose we could see some elements, but it wasn't the heavy handed way Flash is presented.
    Flash is little more than one among a whole team of experts. The supporting cast doesn't have
    the same role.
    True enough. I guess I'm not convinced we won't have a bunch of heroes flying around in the coming seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I don't think it's a CW thing. Stargirl was doing it on HBO last season, FWIW.
    Stargirl is a bit different. While the show is titled after a single character, it's always been about the JSA, so the team fits. Stargirl was just the 'in' to get to the team.

Stargirl is a bit different. While the show is titled after a single character, it's always been about the JSA, so the team fits. Stargirl was just the 'in' to get to the team.
    Although Courtney is definitely the linchpin and definitive main character, though, because she drives the story and is generally the core of the team.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So the Jon stuff basically confirms Supercorp isn't happening, because otherwise they 100 percent would be making Kara bi in the comics and not him

Mighty Member

Nyxly's secret admirer is somehow Lex perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So the Jon stuff basically confirms Supercorp isn't happening, because otherwise they 100 percent would be making Kara bi in the comics and not him
    Kara's not really in the main comics right now. She's in a limited series set in space, and it doesn't look like there is much in the way of romance in the book.

If she gets another ongoing, maybe then they could do it.

As someone who relies on recaps to follow this show now, I find it both frustrating and amusing that there has been no recap posted of the last night's episode yet. Stargirl's went up 2 minutes after the show ended in my timezone, but nothing for Supergirl. It's like even the recap writers have given up.

Incredible Member

It was an improvement over some of the episodes that we have seen, but had its hokey elements.

I will hold up my hand as being wrong about the whole parent thing with Alex and Kelly. I thought it
    would be the usual airtime they were getting, but on this show parenting nearly took over. Their
    relationship was gone, we got long segments on parenting. I think we all saw parenting as how the two were going to be
    used.

I have some thoughts on that. First, the pluses. i think Aunt Kara wanting to go overboard with her niece is
    very much on brand. Kara has a very sweet welcoming personality, of course that is how she would respond. It was
    slightly ridiculous how everyone was reacting with presents, but that is how you would react toward a family/friend
    when they adopt a child. Alex's anxiousness about everything being perfect, showing her emotions after a long period
    of waiting also felt right. That is how adopted parents would feel, it was nice for a change to show some honest family dynamics.

But then the show seemed to go into weird directions by having Alex making Esme "push through" with her powers. Jesus,
    Alex it is her first day, give the kid some space! But then that became the start of several long discussions. It got tedious
    to be honest. Then it was odd how we kept being told how devastated, overwhelmed Esme was when she was happily coloring
    in a coloring book. It was odd.

We had more about the totems. But we never really get told what about these totems make them important. What is it about
    them that makes them a totem? They just are. This week the totem had a sword in the stone aspect. We had the usual
    battle between compelling forces. This sub theme had to do with two nations fighting over territory with threatening with nuclear
    weapons.

Early in the episode Supergirl told the audience that she was forbidden to interfere in human history. Well, technically when she
    does anything, that is interfering. It seemed more than a little bit of a cop out. Then after things escalated, Supergirl without batting
    an eyelash rushes to take out nuclear weapons, with no explanation. Obviously at that point you see why the missiles should be taken out. But it
    made the "noninterference" standard bizarre. The missiles themselves looked awful, it was like bad props in a
    high school musical.

Eventually, they decide to destroy one of the totems so it can't be this superweapon. Supergirl wore her armor again, which I'm not
    getting myself. I mean Superman has gone flying through the universe for years happily going near the sun, why exactly does she need
    this? I don't get it myself.

It has been good to see Lena struggling a little with magic. You wouldn't expect her to know everything about something new and different. Expertise has to be learned. J'onn had some nice chemistry with Secretary Brown. Maybe something?

I too thought the watch would come from Lex Luthor. It gave me a moment of hope for the final.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 10-13-2021 at 11:00 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Then they should have called it The JSA instead. It's not like it had to be named after a single character.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Guess they couldn't let go of Lex entirely. Eh, why not, seems like an interesting potential team-up.

On Brainy/Kara- I admit, what I'm remembering was from Justice League Unlimited, and it was in one episode, I think.
    That JLU episode was going off their pre-Crisis relationship in the comics. Brainy took it really hard when Kara died in Crisis. He even thought Sensor Girl was secretly Kara resurrected because she hid her identity (which, funnily enough, she was until DC told Levitz to change it, I believe)

I disagree. This show is about the JSA and Courtney's family evenly, with her in the middle as the main character.(especially the first season) No other JSA member has their entire family involved with the storylines and sometimes the other JSA members are barely in it.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-13-2021 at 02:54 PM.