Page 294 of 374 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5596
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He was so hesitant because of what happened at the end of last season, when he was rebooted into Brainiac-1.
    He's been hesitant from the beginning, like "what do I do with a girl" hesitant.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    He's been hesitant from the beginning, like "what do I do with a girl" hesitant.
    I actually took that hesitance to be that he either knew what her life was supposed to be since he was from the future, or that he knew her descendant and was worried that by getting involved in someone in the past, they would be erased from the future.

He was so hesitant because of what happened at the end of last season, when he was rebooted into Brainiac-1.
    I guess that's true, its better for there to be repercussions from that rather than him just go back to normal.

Explain Legends then. They got half the episodes, and it's gotten progressively worse.
    Legends is focused more on comedy now, so that's what they wanted to accomplish. Shorter episodes per season has the potential for a tighter story and suspense that is held for just long enough. While Legends did have an arc, some of those plots would've been worse during a full season (imagine Nate having daddy issues and Ray and Nora making eyes at each other for 20+ episodes).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Even the Marvel Netflix Shows use to get the comments about being better if an episode or two shorter. I was watching some West Wing and Toby tells Leo replacing Sam isn't easy because there under ten people in the world who can speech write in their League and I think this happened to tv. Also watching the 1st two seasons of Law and Order and they're all good no clunkers 30 years ago 4 Networks, Public television and a handful of Cable and Syndicated Shows so most writing rooms were all the A-Team now with so many Streaming, Cable Networks, and Regular Networks making tv shows regularly most writings rooms are lucky to get one or two great writers and mostly mediocre writers who wouldn't had even gotten hired 30 years ago when the job was more exclusive due to the limited amount of jobs.
    While that's a good point (and these days because there are so many channels and TV shows, more people with more specific tastes can be catered to, rather than back then when only the cream of the crop which can appeal to the majority of the audience would make it to air), Law and Order is more episodic, isn't it? Episodes can be good because they were meant to stand on their own. Having a beginning, middle, and end over the course of many episodes rather than just one runs the risk of having weaker episodes (and even episodes that viewers will dismiss as "pointless filler").

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As a sucker for tokusatsu (which has transforming heroes as a time-worn staple), I liked Kara's "henshin" into Supergirl. And yes, judging by Brainy's description, it is more of a nanosuit, similar to what Spider-Man was wearing for most of Spider-Man Unlimited (the cartoon, not the mobile game).
    Any time I see a suit forming around somebody, it makes me think of symbiotes.

Hey, Kari Wahlgren is Lena's AI that is totally not going to turn evil at some point! She was Supergirl once in a Lego game! I wonder if it'll turn out to be this show's equivalent of Computo...

That Superman/Supergirl museum was awesome. I loved that they had a Phantom Zone play area, Superman's rocket, and a poster of Lex. Although how the heck did this show get Kate Miucci to show up? Would've been hilarious if she had let loose a "Jinkies."

I guess the main political issue of this season will be print news as a dying media versus clickbait social media.

I wonder if it's too much to expect Andrea to take up her comic identity of Acrata, complete with suit and powers? Although I would like to think there'll be at least one nod to it.

Anyone wanna bet that cynical reporter Kara used to idolize will end up being her new love interest?

I don't know how they took a pulpy character like Midnight and turned them into teleport vortex killer woman. These writers really do just google names and powers and that's about it, huh?

Did anyone else get the sense that Andrea did something to burn Lena in the past? It sounded like Lena was giving her another chance with their friendship.

Some would say Kara revealing herself to Lena has been coming since season 2, but at least it's finally out there and in a very genuine and heartfelt emotional moment from Kara to Lena. I'm glad they finally got that out of there, even if the relief on Lena's part seems partially an act as part of a sinister plot to destroy Supergirl...which hopefully Lena won't go through with.

Brainy says for Kara to not take her glasses off lest her costume come out...only for her to take her glasses off five seconds later and not transform. Guess it would've been out-of-place in that dramatic moment. I don't know how I feel about Kara now being able to transform into her costume, if only because the super-speed change and ripping of the shirt is so iconic to the franchise.

"Pants!" Has Kara in-universe been wanting pants this whole time? I thought she liked wearing a skirt. Are pants really that big a deal outside certain fans? I don't hate the new suit even if I don't love it like I did the old look, but it is what it is. I'll miss the red. The suit also seems more "Superwoman" then "Supergirl."

Y'know, this probably could've been avoided all this if J'onn had just changed into his Martian form. I guess they needed to save the CGI budget for Malefic.

Jimmy is once again directionless, only this time it's to pretty much write him out of the show.

So...Brainy isn't a virgin? At least in relationships. Which actually kind of surprises me even if Nia is the first time he's been in love with someone. I guess he had one of those "did it just to do it" type things or been kissed before. I dunno. He's a very believable virgin :P.

So J'onn doesn't remember having a brother. Did his dad erase Malefic from his memories?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    While that's a good point (and these days because there are so many channels and TV shows, more people with more specific tastes can be catered to, rather than back then when only the cream of the crop which can appeal to the majority of the audience would make it to air), Law and Order is more episodic, isn't it? Episodes can be good because they were meant to stand on their own. Having a beginning, middle, and end over the course of many episodes rather than just one runs the risk of having weaker episodes (and even episodes that viewers will dismiss as "pointless filler").
    Most police procedurals on TV are episodic, even current ones like Hawaii Five-O, the NCIS shows, L&O:SVU , 9-1-1, with a villain of the week and maybe some long term theme brought up once in a while. As I recall CBS was billing Supergirl
    following that format before the show actually started airing. Each episode would have Supergirl fighting a villain of the week. Perhaps that is what hurt Supergirl on CBS. The typical CBS audience isn't used to following a story over the period
    of several weeks like Supergirl was doing with the Myriad story. That may be why Supergirl works better on the CW. People that watch the CW are used to having a story that lasts all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Brainy says for Kara to not take her glasses off lest her costume come out...only for her to take her glasses off five seconds later and not transform. Guess it would've been out-of-place in that dramatic moment. I don't know how I feel about Kara now being able to transform into her costume, if only because the super-speed change and ripping of the shirt is so iconic to the franchise.
    Brainy specifically cautioned Kara to take care when whipping the glasses off. Apparently there is some sort of motion sensor that is only triggered by rapid movement. So just easing the glasses off wouldn't trigger the suit forming.
    At least Kara doesn't have to spin around to get the suit to form.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    At least Kara doesn't have to spin around to get the suit to form.
    That's kind of cooler though .

Astonishing Member

Where do her regular clothes go? Clark, way back when, had some wrinkle free duds he would stow in his cape. To the regular clothes get shifted to some pocket dimension?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Where do her regular clothes go? Clark, way back when, had some wrinkle free duds he would stow in his cape. To the regular clothes get shifted to some pocket dimension?
    Legion tech .

Mighty Member

Look's like Lena is going to face the wrath of Leviathan when they discover what she's been doing with one of their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Pants!" Has Kara in-universe been wanting pants this whole time?
    I'm sure she's wanted pants since they started filming in Vancouver during the winter

Well, it looks like the suit forms over her clothes now.

So, I can't watch this until tomorrow, but is Lena's whole plan to use the Obsidian contact lenses to brainwash people? Man, she did a hard 180 straight into classic Luthor town.

Did the kryptonians invent the phantom zone? If so, how did the martians get access to it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Did the kryptonians invent the phantom zone? If so, how did the martians get access to it?
    The Phantom Zone was discovered by Jor-El. The Martians found it I presume on their own through their own studies.

I am guessing the suit forms over them and has the ability to iron the wrinkles out when the suit retreats back into the glasses.

So, I can't watch this until tomorrow, but is Lena's whole plan to use the Obsidian contact lenses to brainwash people? Man, she did a hard 180 straight into classic Luthor town.
    Lena's plan seems a lot like Astra and Non's Myriad plan. They were full on villains because they were implementing that so what does that make Lena? But Myriad depended on an array of satellites controlled
    from Fort Rozz which could be defeated by hijacking that technology to send a counter message. Lena's plan seems like it might be harder to defeat, especially in the Supergirl had ample warning of Myriad,
    knew the source, and had some geniuses, Maxwell Lord and Cat Grant, working with her while no one even knows Lena's plan right now, the source, and all Supergirl has is Brainy.

I said earlier that it looked like they were going full-on Superman III; I just wasn't expecting them to jump to that in the second episode.

Astonishing Member

Q rays - I guess my scientific training about electromagnetic spectrum must be thrown out the window. It's as stupid as when in the comics Superman's heat vision was the only thing that could keep Lois alive after an injury.

I don't mind scientific suspension of belief but outright nonsense? DC is full of it. The GLC spectrum and Earth being the center of life in the Universe - dear me. Let the physics lectures and astronomy be Q rayed out of my brain.

I guess you would have to invulnerable to feel discomfort from your street clothes being shoved up your butt by a skin tight pair of pants.