Page 282 of 289 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 4332
  1. #4216
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So all it takes to bring a Super back to life is to put a handful of grass in their hand. Seems very quick and efficient. Too bad the Super Friends in the Justice League movie didn't know that, considering all the
    elaborate means they went through to bring Superman back to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought that maybe she got punched into a different time zone, but then Eliza showed up.

    As for how she was resurrected- you can blame Frank Miller for that. I only wished it had been in a green field so we could see the grass dying as she soaked up the solar radiation, and not a dark forest where we couldn't see anything.
    I thought Swamp Thing brought Supergirl back to life.

    Anybody got any bright ideas on how to bring the real Brainaic 5 back?

  2. #4217
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    There is not enough energy in grass to power a Prius. That was incredibly stupid and pulled out of thin air. I said a long time ago that Brainy's real appearance looks like a Kindergarten dress up party. I don't recall Brainy having TK in the books, might have missed it. The DC CW TV shows pull science babble out of their rear ends when needed. It's a tad annoying.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 05-13-2019 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #4218
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,838

    Default

    I didn't quite get why it got dark all of the sudden during the Battle with Red Daughter.

    Anyways, good episode. Hoping for an epic fight with Luthor next week!

  4. #4219
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I didn't quite get why it got dark all of the sudden during the Battle with Red Daughter.

    Anyways, good episode. Hoping for an epic fight with Luthor next week!
    That part confused me, too. Was it Red Daughter's 'evolved' powers? I'd like to think it wasn't just a weird mistake and was actually part of the story.

  5. #4220
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    That part confused me, too. Was it Red Daughter's 'evolved' powers? I'd like to think it wasn't just a weird mistake and was actually part of the story.
    Maybe she got punched into the future

    Picture for next weeks episode are here. I have to say, I REALLY don't like the Sons of Liberty's costumes. I'm not usually one to be made uncomfortable by something like this, but the yellow star on a grey hoodie... that's a little too 'Holocaust' for me.

  6. #4221
    Sailing the seas Chris Lang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe she got punched into the future

    Picture for next weeks episode are here. I have to say, I REALLY don't like the Sons of Liberty's costumes. I'm not usually one to be made uncomfortable by something like this, but the yellow star on a grey hoodie... that's a little too 'Holocaust' for me.
    Well, we're SUPPOSED to be made uncomfortable by the Sons of Liberty. They're a xenophobic hate group, after all.

  7. #4222
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, we're SUPPOSED to be made uncomfortable by the Sons of Liberty. They're a xenophobic hate group, after all.
    Oh, I agree. But then put them in brown shirts. Don't have them running around with a yellow star on their clothes.

  8. #4223
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,612

    Default

    I kinda like Evil Brainy but he should work on his kicks. It must've taken a lot of work to give James superpowers and still make him useless. Yeah the grass thing was pretty stupid. I was a bit surprised at what Lex did to RD.

    Lena: "You're not stable."
    James: "Then stabilize me!!!" LOL.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 05-13-2019 at 10:10 PM.

  9. #4224
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I kinda like Evil Brainy but he should work on his kicks. It must've taken a lot of work to give James superpowers and still make him useless. Yeah the grass thing was pretty stupid. I was a bit surprised at what Lex did to RD.

    Lena: "You're not stable."
    James: "Then stabilize me!!!" LOL.
    I guess this is how they put that genie back in the bottle. Humans just can't handle superpowers.

    Evil Brainy was awesome. I could even forgive the makeup for once. This actor (Jessie Rath?) pulled off an astounding transformation.

  10. #4225
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Pretty crappy that they have completely ignored the fact that the previous president was removed from office for being an alien....having perpetrated the biggest fraud ever on the American people and there is no investigation into how she did it, who may have helped her, and punishment for her and her co-conspirators. Looking at you Alex Danvers...as soon as she knew the president was an alien it was her duty to report it to the DOJ...but no...let's just ignore the law and U.S. Constitution because we like her policies.

  11. #4226
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pretty crappy that they have completely ignored the fact that the previous president was removed from office for being an alien....having perpetrated the biggest fraud ever on the American people and there is no investigation into how she did it, who may have helped her, and punishment for her and her co-conspirators. Looking at you Alex Danvers...as soon as she knew the president was an alien it was her duty to report it to the DOJ...but no...let's just ignore the law and U.S. Constitution because we like her policies.
    As if the show wasn't already wandering too far into the weeds, you want to add more subplots that have no chance of good resolution? It's Supergirl not Crisis on Constitutional Ave
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 05-14-2019 at 07:32 AM.

  12. #4227
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    As if the show wasn't already wandering too far into the weeds, you want to add more subplots that have no chance of good resolution?
    What I want it a super hero show...but if they are going to push politics on it I want some balance to it...not the heroes as SJWs fighting the xenophobic conservatives.

  13. #4228
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What I want it a super hero show...but if they are going to push politics on it I want some balance to it...not the heroes as SJWs fighting the xenophobic conservatives.
    You know that somehow any sins of President Marsdin would be used to play up anti-Trump comparisons. It's how this show rolls.

  14. #4229
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    You know that somehow any sins of President Marsdin would be used to play up anti-Trump comparisons. It's how this show rolls.
    What you would have had in this case is the birther conspiracy made real...except instead of another country it is an alien from another planet.

  15. #4230
    Mighty Member ZeonsSilverStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What you would have had in this case is the birther conspiracy made real...except instead of another country it is an alien from another planet.
    Or Lockwood and his group could've used this as justification to go after any politician with pro-alien leanings. Anyway about the weird day to night transition I gave my little sister two possible answers: 1. The force of Red Daughter's was so strong it kept Kara flying for like an hour. 2. It's tv sis stop worrying about it.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •