Page 357 of 374 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm of the opposite bent, but not in the way you'd expect - I can't imagine a thousand years from now we'll still have separate races of note, unless some outside force puts an end to globalization and interracial coupling and human breeding urges. Pretty much everyone will be of mixed heritage.
    That's an excellent point and one that makes a lot of sense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I agree that the episode was very heavy-handed and I'm still not quite sold on golden Guardian, but it was still a nice and emotional episode, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I agree that the episode was very heavy-handed and I'm still not quite sold on golden Guardian, but it was still a nice and emotional episode, in my opinion.
    I guess I appreciate and understand the intent, if not the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm of the opposite bent, but not in the way you'd expect - I can't imagine a thousand years from now we'll still have separate races of note, unless some outside force puts an end to globalization and interracial coupling and human breeding urges. Pretty much everyone will be of mixed heritage.

I still don't think humanity will be harmonious mind you if we live that long as a species (which I doubt we will, pretty sure we'll be extinct centuries before then). If humanity is around in a thousand years, we'll still find some sort of tribalism to divide us, it just won't happen to be racially motivated tribalism anymore because we'll largely all be the same by then. I imagine it'll probably be more political and ideological differences. I can't imagine what the politics and ideologies of a thousand years will be, but I'm sure they'll be at least as divisive to that future populace as ours is now.
    That sounds reasonable. And when it comes to the Legion's future and Earth people creating colonies, things would be quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    There has been a ton of pics on Twitter of them filming the finale, and both Guardians (James and Kelly) were present, so I'm pretty sure Mechad will be showing up.
    Good to know!

Mighty Member

Poor Supergirl is simply overwhelmed by magic.

Incredible Member

I think the episode was an improvement over what we have seen. But considering
    how low last week's episode was, this had to be onward and upward. It certainly
    appears that we are going to be living in magicworld for the rest of the season. I'm
    not looking forward to it, unless Zatanna shows up. But that would be too smart a move
    for the people who run this show.

Tonight's episode was centered around Totem's: in this case King David's slingshot.
    I know most people don't care. But King David's power came from being the anointed of the
    Lord, being obedient to the will of God. It had nothing to do with being vulnerable. I know
    it was just a plot device, but Evangelical Protestant me was rolling his eyes when this was
    all going on. I know there were others of us out there who were out there feeling the same.
    I know that I am being that guy, so I will move on.

I enjoyed Vita. I thought she was funny, providing a campy style, even didn't mind so
    much her possession of poor Brainy. It also allowed them to rope Lena and Kara in with long
    discussions. The two worked well together. Andrea remains the worst boss in the history of
    journalism, but we already knew that. The Kelly-Alex relationship remains unbelievable, I laughed
    out loud at the peck on the cheek early in the show. Couples don't kiss that way, unless
    they think someone has a cold.

The various meanderings of the plot were moderately interesting. I will be interested to see if
    this magic episode will be the precursor for the others that follow. It certainly sounds as though we
    are going to see a gauntlet of totems. It wasn't really explained how exactly the totems
    were gauntlets, but maybe that will come later.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I agree that clearly the remainder of the series/season is going to be in the realm of magic.
    In short order though we will get a Lena who is a seeming natural at wielding magic

Props for the humor of showing the characters a wee bit out of character due to the Courage Totem's influence.

I also agree that David's slingshot as a totem had me rolling my eyes.
    It makes me wonder what other historical items are going to be co-opted for totems.

So, um, is Guardians metal shield somehow grounded?
    This show can end at any time for me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I thought it was funny that the Guardian showed up for the climatic battle right on cue.

Y'know, Arrow had a fetch quest in the first half of it's final season but it still remained fairly personal and relevant to Oliver's character arc and the fact that this was going to be his ending. I don't really get that sense with this storyline and Kara even if her attempt to ascertain the Totems seems to be trying to force her to face parts of herself that she's not aware of. But it still feels less like a final season and more like an average season of Supergirl.

It was nice to see more of green and blonde Brainy. There wasn't really any explanation for it, he was just looking that way again and then randomly changed to and from his normal and human forms in-between scenes. I guess I'll take what I can get. Are we ever going to see J'onn's martian face again?

Lena is into magic now so she has to have her hair more wavy like a witch. Why did she show up during the field mission to catch Nxly though?

It was nice to see Kara and Lena together again and actually interacting as friends, which it feels like we really haven't gotten a lot of in a while.

Andrea continues to be in the running for Horrible Bosses. How dare William fail to get any insider information on Superheroes and then make no progress on another story you probably told him before wasn't a priority !

Mentioning Eve again. Wasn't she still a series regular? I guess she's in hiding, but I'm kind of surprised the show hasn't addressed her in a while. Alex still doesn't know she killed Jeremiah.

Brainiac 5 getting possessed by a Kryptonian witch will go down in history as one of the most hilarious Brainiac 5 scenes .

I still don't get why Kelly is Guardian. It seems like her main job and priority don't really require her to be Guardian and she'll prioritize that over working with the Super Friends, otherwise she's just another body during hero stuff.

Why would a bigger dose of courage make a bunch of people attack each other? Were they all having disagreements and conflicts at the exact same time ?

Why did that komodo randomly transform into a dragon? 5th Dimensional energy? No one brought it up as a possible consequence and suddenly it's a giant fire-breathing dragon.

Why was that scientist lady not arrested for assaulting and (from the looks of it) stealing her ex-partner's laptop? Probably could have resolved the entire plot. Was she arrested for causing the lightning strikes? To be honest I thought they were going to turn her into the new Livewire. Even her last name sounded the same.

I have to admit I got a kick out of happy, overly-supportive, J'onn. I wouldn't have minded that lasting longer.

I was kind of hoping they would never actually show the 5th Dimension because I wanted to keep it in my head that in that universe the imps look how they do in the comics instead of your typical sci-fi fantasy world, because this show wasn't going to do anything as creative as the 5th Dimension necessitates. Well, Nxly's princess dress was nice at least.

I'm not sure what the show is going for with Nxly. Are we supposed to feel sorry for her? Are we supposed to see her as an unrepentant bad guy? Is she a calculating mastermind or an unhinged madwoman?

Interesting that despite everything Nxly still cared and loved her brother, and she even basically raised him since their father didn't care. And her lesson wasn't that she had to kill him but that she had to have the courage to open up about her feelings.

It's not everyday where the hero actually fails the challenge and the villain wins. Was the reason Kara failed because she didn't have the courage to admit to herself that she can't always save everyone? Also here's this guy getting mugged that Kara apparently ignored in the pilot.

I don't know, I feel like 5th Dimensional magic is more sci-fi magic than supernatural magic, so I don't know how Lena's stuff will help, but I guess nobody on this show other (other than William) can be normal.

It's nice of Nia to help William even if him becoming a Super Friends correspondent will probably not end well. Kara brought this on herself by not keeping her identities separate.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Nxly's princess dress was nice at least.
    It was the highlight of the episode for me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Courageous J'onn was pretty funny.

Glad we got a lighter episode after last week's. If you're going with a 5th dimensional imp as your Big Bad, you kind of have to do silliness.

I don't think I'm familiar with interpretations of Krypton where magic is used (because I remember a lot of the opposite, that Superman is vulnerable to magic due to Krypton being so science-heavy). That witch almost felt like the female equivalent of that Palpatine guy from Superman and Lois, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going with Lena.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

As this show comes to a close over the next few months I still lament they never did more with Red Tornado.
    A one episode outing in S1 followed by an appearance in one of the Crisis shows.

Red Tornado...we never got to really know you.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Glad we got a lighter episode after last week's. If you're going with a 5th dimensional imp as your Big Bad, you kind of have to do silliness.

I don't think I'm familiar with interpretations of Krypton where magic is used (because I remember a lot of the opposite, that Superman is vulnerable to magic due to Krypton being so science-heavy). That witch almost felt like the female equivalent of that Palpatine guy from Superman and Lois, but I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going with Lena.
    I'm trying to remember if they leaned so hard on the magic element for the World Killers in season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    As this show comes to a close over the next few months I still lament they never did more with Red Tornado.
    A one episode outing in S1 followed by an appearance in one of the Crisis shows.

His visual wasn't that great but Reddy deserved better.

Like it's kind of funny (and sad) that he grows sentient just as Kara vaporizes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Except that Crisis on Earth-X gave us a fully CGI Red Tornado that actually looked GOOD. S1 of Supergirl gave us a Red Tornado that looked like an actor in red face paint covered in carpet swatches. Guess which one we would have got if they gave us more Red Tornado?