Page 335 of 374 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What's going to happen to the Arrowverse Justice League now? I kind of feel like we're a long ways away from seeing that team again...
    Who's left? Superman, Flash, Black Lightning and White Canary, right? Kate's gone, and Kara and J'onn may not be there anymore depending on how their characters end up and scheduling of the actors.

I didn't expect anything for them next season- even the producers have said they wanted to go smaller. But in a year or two, if they do another big crossover, it will be interesting to see who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I can totally understand having Supergirl or Superman needing to be not as godlike as their comic book counterparts, but the problem was that she didn't even get herself out of the situation - she didn't fight or figure her way out of tough situations, she was almost always saved by another member of the supporting cast to justify their presence in the fight.
    Exactly.

As the main character in an action adventure show, inevitably she needs to be put in jeopardy on some occassions. But the important thing is having a balance, and having just as many incredible, heroic scenes. And when I think back on Supergirl beyond it's first year, those scenes are staggeringly few and far between. I can't think of anything genuinely exciting, genuinely epic, anything that really felt like Supergirl was being tested. Instead it's normally; Supergirl suffers her random nerf of the week; one of the entourage saves her; Kara does a little bit of basic mopping up; The end.

Even the season finales have progressively given Kara less to do and less input into actually resolving each season's arc/big bad;

Season 2 - Kara actually wins fight with Superman in rare show of strength, but then struggles to hold her own against Mon-El's mother, who shouldn't be at Kara's strength level having only been on Earth a very short while. And then kryptonite cos everyone has kyptonite on this show.

Season 3 - Sam saves Kara from Reign the first time out and Kara's small contribution basically leads to everyone getting killed. And then for timey wimey round two, it's Kara, Sam and Reign - who let's not forget, had proper kicked Supergirl's butt earlier in the series. So does Kara get a payoff? Do we get the epic rematch where Supergirl comes out on top? Nope. Sam takes down Reign, whilst Kara just stands there and watches. Seriously, how was THIS the finale?!!?!!

Season 4 - Supergirl gets taken down by Lex wearing couple of Hulk Smash gloves. Also note, this is whilst Kara is wearing additional armour (cos obviously she's not strong or fast enough normally!), which proves completely useless anyway and withstands like two blasts before leaving her helpless and until she's saved by other Kara (who also dies because this show basically hates all Supergirls). Supergirl then gets a magic power boost so she can actually have a chance against a human being with some tech, and even then the final "fight" is Kara just zapping Lex a couple of times.

Honestly, since saving the plane in the pilot episode, where have Kara's big moments been? Where's her Spider-Man II train scene? Where's her pretty-much-every-episode-of-Arrow-where-he-fights-alone-and-wins scene? Where's her running into a black hole while frikkin' QUEEN music is playing moment?!!?? Honestly if you made a supercut of Kara in peril vs Kara actually saving the day from the last four years of the show, I have no doubt that the former would run at least twenty times longer than the latter.

"The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

I think she's gotten some major rescue scenes and resolved at least some major threats across each season, although I'd probably have to re-watch the entire series to pick them out...

While it's never been shown on screen on this show, Lex Luthor has gone toe-to-toe with Superman in the Lexosuit before, and presumably won. And I've always taken it in Season 4 she maybe wasn't at full strength due to Red Daughter being split from her, and their re-combining brought her back to full strength. But that was never stated, and I could be wrong.

As for Reign, I thought it was appropriate that Sam was the one to finally beat her; and anyway, she wouldn't have been able to do that without Kara.

As for Rhea- yeah, I agree with you there. Maybe she was still recovering from her fight with Superman, and Kryptonite has always been the great equalizer; but I don't know how much combat training a Queen of a hedonistic society would have had, and Kara has spent two years by this point being trained by her sister and Hank. She should have been able to beat her straight up. That was straight-up a case of the story they wanted to tell dictating how strong she was.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's also the fact that apparently Superman and Lois will have their own version of Lex Luthor, from another universe. Also in regards to the League/Superfriends/whatever they call it, not only are half the actors either leaving or on shows that no longer exist, Black Lightning shoots in a different country than the rest of the shows.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There's also the fact that apparently Superman and Lois will have their own version of Lex Luthor, from another universe. Also in regards to the League/Superfriends/whatever they call it, not only are half the actors either leaving or on shows that no longer exist, Black Lightning shoots in a different country than the rest of the shows.
    It's still hilarious to me how little Jon Cryer has interacted with Tyler Hoechlin .

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Who's left? Superman, Flash, Black Lightning and White Canary, right? Kate's gone, and Kara and J'onn may not be there anymore depending on how their characters end up and scheduling of the actors.

I didn't expect anything for them next season- even the producers have said they wanted to go smaller. But in a year or two, if they do another big crossover, it will be interesting to see who is left.
    Mia Green Arrow might still be operating even if she doesn't end up with that spin-off show. They've fought alongside her during Crisis and of course being Ollie's daughter I'm pretty sure they'd let her in. (oh, unless she's in the future ... I thought she had stayed in the present for a sec)

Or maybe that will be when they finally show John as Green Lantern.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-27-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Arrow is over. Supergirl is finishing. Batwoman is a reboot. Might as well reboot the Arrowverse version of the Justice League too.

Astonishing Member

Kara and J'onn couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. Of course, they had the let's talk about rather than using super speed problem. Then there was the surprise alien who just happened to be able to clobber them.

Oliver was the only one who could really show some skill in fighting among the major heroes. Supergirl became more about relationships which then became a yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Arrow is over. Supergirl is finishing. Batwoman is a reboot. Might as well reboot the Arrowverse version of the Justice League too.
    Ultimately "Crisis on Infinite Earths" turned out to be a waste of time. The whole point was to eliminate Earth-38 thus putting Supergirl on the same Earth as Flash and the rest of the superheroes of Earth 1
    so as to enable easier interaction between Supergirl and the rest of the heroes. But with Supergirl ending, might as well have kept her on Earth-38.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Ultimately "Crisis on Infinite Earths" turned out to be a waste of time. The whole point was to eliminate Earth-38 thus putting Supergirl on the same Earth as Flash and the rest of the superheroes of Earth 1
    so as to enable easier interaction between Supergirl and the rest of the heroes. But with Supergirl ending, might as well have kept her on Earth-38.
    Well, it had a wider impact on all the Arrowverse shows. Black Lightning is also on Earth-1 now.

There's still one season left. Let's hope they use the shared earth to full effect to make this the best season of all. And it also means that she or any of the cast might pop up on other shows.

They put it together, it's gets dismantled right away.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's still one season left. Let's hope they use the shared earth to full effect to make this the best season of all. And it also means that she or any of the cast might pop up on other shows.
    Last I heard, due to how large and exhausting COIEs was, they planned to go small with the next cross-over. Add to that, they now have COVID restrictions, not sure how much they can realistically do.

Also, isn't Flash, Superman and Lois, and reboot-Batwoman all filming now? Whilst Supergirl and Legends will film later on (but at the same time). Black Lightning films in a different city.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Also, isn't Flash, Superman and Lois, and reboot-Batwoman all filming now? Whilst Supergirl and Legends will film later on (but at the same time). Black Lightning films in a different city.
    To me, that just means the Flash, Superman and Batwoman actors will be available when Supergirl films. I'd be really surprised if we don't see at least Superman in the final season, if not the finale itself.

Also, even though Supergirl ends, Superman and Lois will still take place on the new Earth now.