Page 327 of 374 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5596

All filming is probably going to be slightly delayed at this point...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Wait, is THAT why they killed her off?!

The thing that always impressed me about Joss Wheedon was that, with one notable exception, he was always able to either keep actors around, or call them back for the most minuscule cameos. Berlanti, on the other hand, seems to be the exact opposite- he keeps hiring cast members that can't wait to leave. I wish they'd hire actors that wanted to stick around.
    Probably has more to do about working in Vancouver than anything regarding Berlanti.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I actually wonder how much Kara will actually be in the next season, due to her pregnancy. They might need to keep an expanded supporting cast just to cover her absence.
    Yeah, I'm a bit worried about this too. It will probably just begin shooting later and it would make sense to switch places with Legends.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I actually wonder how much Kara will actually be in the next season, due to her pregnancy. They might need to keep an expanded supporting cast just to cover her absence.

Wait, is THAT why they killed her off?!

The thing that always impressed me about Joss Wheedon was that, with one notable exception, he was always able to either keep actors around, or call them back for the most minuscule cameos. Berlanti, on the other hand, seems to be the exact opposite- he keeps hiring cast members that can't wait to leave. I wish they'd hire actors that wanted to stick around.
    That's easier said than done. No one can predict when an actor would want to leave or for what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's easier said than done. No one can predict when an actor would want to leave or for what reason.
    You can make it clear to the actor what their arc will be and how long they will need to be there, and if the actor doesn't want to play ball, then you move on. Plenty of actors out there wanting to work.

The only one I can't hold against the actress if Floriana Lima, who played Maggie. They brought her in as a guest star, only intending to have her on for a short time, then promoted her to series regular. The problem was she didn't want to be a regular; and thus we got the extremely poorly done breakup with Alex.

You can make it clear to the actor what their arc will be and how long they will need to be there, and if the actor doesn't want to play ball, then you move on. Plenty of actors out there wanting to work.

The only one I can't hold against the actress if Floriana Lima, who played Maggie. They brought her in as a guest star, only intending to have her on for a short time, then promoted her to series regular. The problem was she didn't want to be a regular; and thus we got the extremely poorly done breakup with Alex.
    From what I've read of the original comment, Astra's actress was the one who changed her mind after getting pregnant and wanting to move back. Like i said, these things are very difficult to predict.

Something changed between the crisis finale and the recent season. When Cryer first appeared as Lex I waved him off thinking "oh god no" with a gutted laugh. When I realized its two and a half men Cryer I was totally sold... on him playing an evil version of Allen Harper who accidentally got rich but is still a bit of a petty troll. Worst Lex ever. Him replacing Routh Supes was kind of a personal low point of the crisis (which I otherwise liked) but I took the positive side effect of it annihilating the cliffhanger cannot-wait-till-it-continues effect.

Enter this season. Cryers acting changed, improved, fundamentally IMO. Its not merely a little change inside the role because his TV mum told him to be more level headed. It felt like he just started to take the role serious and it shows. I really like his Lex version now. When I see him now I think "dang, what has Lex planned now" instead of "lol, squatter... with a silly beard". Thinking back now it might also already started to have shown on Crisis; but at that point my perception was not yet level headed enough. He is doing a really great job and the most recent episode shows it more than ever

Re-watched Superman IV about a month ago. At that point I already was sold on his Lex. Seeing him playing a Luthor there completely cracked me up though :P

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Something changed between the crisis finale and the recent season. When Cryer first appeared as Lex I waved him off thinking "oh god no" with a gutted laugh. When I realized its two and a half men Cryer I was totally sold... on him playing an evil version of Allen Harper who accidentally got rich but is still a bit of a petty troll. Worst Lex ever. Him replacing Routh Supes was kind of a personal low point of the crisis (which I otherwise liked) but I took the positive side effect of it annihilating the cliffhanger cannot-wait-till-it-continues effect.

Enter this season. Cryers acting changed, improved, fundamentally IMO. Its not merely a little change inside the role because his TV mum told him to be more level headed. It felt like he just started to take the role serious and it shows. I really like his Lex version now. When I see him now I think "dang, what has Lex planned now" instead of "lol, squatter... with a silly beard". Thinking back now it might also already started to have shown on Crisis; but at that point my perception was not yet level headed enough. He is doing a really great job and the most recent episode shows it more than ever

Re-watched Superman IV about a month ago. At that point I already was sold on his Lex. Seeing him playing a Luthor there completely cracked me up though :P
    While I've loved him since his first scene as Lex, I wonder if the change you saw was because they decided to keep him around. From what I recall, he was supposed to stay dead after Lena killed him, but then he either asked to be a part of Crisis, or they asked him, and then decided to keep him around. And from what I'm hearing, due to the shutdown, he may be back next season as well.

Perhaps what you've seen is his reaction to both being asked to continue, and the fan reaction to his character, making him work even harder in the roll.

While I've loved him since his first scene as Lex, I wonder if the change you saw was because they decided to keep him around. From what I recall, he was supposed to stay dead after Lena killed him, but then he either asked to be a part of Crisis, or they asked him, and then decided to keep him around. And from what I'm hearing, due to the shutdown, he may be back next season as well.

Perhaps what you've seen is his reaction to both being asked to continue, and the fan reaction to his character, making him work even harder in the roll.
    Whatever of these it was, it shows in a positive way

The original plan was to stop this season at 20 episodes instead of the original planned 22 episodes. Then film a few episodes for season 6 and go on break. Then after Melissa returned from maternity leave they would
    resume filming in November because she would have had her baby by then. Sort of like how Andrea Brooks is back as Eve Teschmacher now that Andrea has had her baby. So I think the plan was Melissa would just resume
    her regular schedule in November. Don't know how the pandemic will affect that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The original plan was to stop this season at 20 episodes instead of the original planned 22 episodes. Then film a few episodes for season 6 and go on break. Then after Melissa returned from maternity leave they would
    resume filming in November because she would have had her baby by then. Sort of like how Andrea Brooks is back as Eve Teschmacher now that Andrea has had her baby. So I think the plan was Melissa would just resume
    her regular schedule in November. Don't know how the pandemic will affect that.
    Is there any particular reason Kara just can't have a baby?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    Is there any particular reason Kara just can't have a baby?
    Hard to work with infants. Have to explain how she got pregnant. She barely has a relationship with William. Hard to work in being a superhero, and reporter AND a mom into the story.
    Stuck with having a kid for how many more seasons the show lasts. And would be cruel to kill the kid off or otherwise get rid of her or him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Hard to work with infants. Have to explain how she got pregnant. She barely has a relationship with William. Hard to work in being a superhero, and reporter AND a mom into the story.
    Stuck with having a kid for how many more seasons the show lasts. And would be cruel to kill the kid off or otherwise get rid of her or him.
    Soo....they just don't want to make the creative effort...

I mean, even Lucy Ricardo had a baby

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    Soo....they just don't want to make the creative effort...

I mean, even Lucy Ricardo had a baby
    I just think they would prefer to take their creativity in a different direction. I can't see what adding an infant to the main character of a superhero show would add to the show.
    In I Love Lucy, Lucy and Ricky were already a married couple so having a child was a natural progression. Just like for Fred and Wilma or Samantha and Darren or Mork and Mindy.
    Kara doesn't even have a serious boyfriend let alone a husband. The more logical one to have a child would be Alex and even there they are keeping that in limbo.

Mighty Member

I liked how Lena apologized to Kara.