Page 328 of 374 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338 ... LastLast
Results 4,906 to 4,920 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The original plan was to stop this season at 20 episodes instead of the original planned 22 episodes. Then film a few episodes for season 6 and go on break. Then after Melissa returned from maternity leave they would
    resume filming in November because she would have had her baby by then. Sort of like how Andrea Brooks is back as Eve Teschmacher now that Andrea has had her baby. So I think the plan was Melissa would just resume
    her regular schedule in November. Don't know how the pandemic will affect that.
    Yeah, but it was going to be a short season BEFORE Melissa got pregnant, wasn't it? Then after she got pregnant, they made the decision to start filming stuff for season 6 to better work around her pregnancy.

I just think they would prefer to take their creativity in a different direction. I can't see what adding an infant to the main character of a superhero show would add to the show.
    In I Love Lucy, Lucy and Ricky were already a married couple so having a child was a natural progression. Just like for Fred and Wilma or Samantha and Darren or Mork and Mindy.
    Kara doesn't even have a serious boyfriend let alone a husband. The more logical one to have a child would be Alex and even there they are keeping that in limbo.
    I got it.

Adoption doesn't end up working for Alex, and for some reason she can't carry a child. Thus she asks Kara to be a surrogate for her.

I am a creative genius.

Hard to work with infants. Have to explain how she got pregnant. She barely has a relationship with William. Hard to work in being a superhero, and reporter AND a mom into the story.
    Stuck with having a kid for how many more seasons the show lasts. And would be cruel to kill the kid off or otherwise get rid of her or him.
    And besides, we have " Superman and Lois" for that, except the Babies are teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Yeah, but it was going to be a short season BEFORE Melissa got pregnant, wasn't it? Then after she got pregnant, they made the decision to start filming stuff for season 6 to better work around her pregnancy.

I got it.

Adoption doesn't end up working for Alex, and for some reason she can't carry a child. Thus she asks Kara to be a surrogate for her.

I am a creative genius.
    How do you artificially inseminate a kryptonian?

I just think they would prefer to take their creativity in a different direction. I can't see what adding an infant to the main character of a superhero show would add to the show.
    In I Love Lucy, Lucy and Ricky were already a married couple so having a child was a natural progression. Just like for Fred and Wilma or Samantha and Darren or Mork and Mindy.
    Kara doesn't even have a serious boyfriend let alone a husband. The more logical one to have a child would be Alex and even there they are keeping that in limbo.
    With all the balls they try to juggle in the air as it is, can you imagine trying to add " Kara as Supermom" into the mix?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How do you artificially inseminate a kryptonian?
    Very carefully?

Question- earlier in the season, Kara lured Shakka Kahn to the Fortress of Solitude, where his powers didn't work because, in her words, they were on a piece of Krypton.

If that is the case, how exactly was he able to call the Kryptonite to himself? Isn't that also a piece of Krypton?

Lena and Kara are finally talking again, that alone made the episode worthwhile

I just hope the "finale" has some sort of conclusion and doesn't end completely open.

New behind scene melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Lena and Kara are finally talking again, that alone made the episode worthwhile

I just hope the "finale" has some sort of conclusion and doesn't end completely open.
    It's supposed to end on a cliffhanger.

Hey look, it's Shazam...I mean, Sean Astin .

Andrea is being set up for the biggest fall ever and I honestly don't know if I should feel bad about it because of how much she brought it on herself.

Wait, they had Rama-Khan just sitting in their little lair in handcuffs? I get they benched him, but was that really necessary? He didn't seem to make that much of a fuss about it before.

You'd think Kara would be better at covering for herself in her fifth year of doing this.

So J'onn randomly flies around without his martian face now? If he truly felt complete and accepted, wouldn't he go martian 100% of the time? Although I guess he technically has a human identity...

It's nice to see Miss Martian as part of the team and J'onn finding some romantic fulfillment. And the war on Mars is going great too! Although now I'm worried a little about something happening to M'Gann .

Wow, Lex sure smoothly managed those prisoners. Is Steve dead from the fire?

You could tell Rama-Khan wasn't taking this seriously and wanted to get caught because he didn't even bother wearing his costume for the fight.

Uh...goodbye DEO? I wonder if this is the end for the DEO or if they're going to rebuild. A part of me feels like Leviathan didn't earn the right to take such a major piece of the show down, but I guess Lex is partially responsible .

Peter talking to Alex like she ever considered returning to a civilian life. She's basically been in full-Superhero mode since she left the DEO. I don't think she's been a civilian since she got arrested and J'onn got her into the DEO.

I'm sure there were those who were hoping Eve would kill William at the end of that scene.

Alex in a costume? That would be kind of weird. But I guess it worked John Diggle, so...

So Lena finally realizes that you can't brainwash people and that she shouldn't have trusted Lex...which everyone was calling out from the very beginning. Ah well, at least the long nightmare is finally over and we can get back to rebuilding Kara and Lena's friendship.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

After last week's excellent episode, this episode really showed what the problem has been with the show this season. There's just too much plot and too many characters for much of it to land. Lex Luthor rightly overshadowed Leviathan but that only stresses just how much time has been wasted on this incredibly powerful but boring threat. Crisis also went some way towards making this season feel like two shorter seasons, neither of which are terribly satisfying. The stuff with Lena and Kara definitely works on an emotional level but it was never entirely convincing. It's a real pity because there's still tons to really enjoy here but this season has been a complete mess.

The bigger problem, though, is that there are just too damn many characters in what is theoretically a "solo" superhero show. Kara frequently gets lost in the shuffle in her own show. It's not just her, though. Aside for some obvious weak links (Kelly, William), the supporting cast in this show is really good. The Luthors have been the VIPs this season but characters like J'onn, Alex, Brainy and Nia are all genuinely pretty great. The problem is that there's just too many of them and they're constantly underserved by having to fight for screentime. They're also all overwhelmingly part of the superhero/villain world, which means that the grounding that Winn and Cat brought in the first season continues to be absent. The obvious solution for all this is for there to be a major culling of the cast before next season but I genuinely don't know who they should or could cut. Again, aside for the obvious. But it really does need to be done.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Young Justice cartoon makes J’onn and M’Gaan as a couple so weird to me. I’m glad Lena’s seeing the error of her ways though.

Hard to work with infants. Have to explain how she got pregnant. She barely has a relationship with William. Hard to work in being a superhero, and reporter AND a mom into the story.
    Stuck with having a kid for how many more seasons the show lasts. And would be cruel to kill the kid off or otherwise get rid of her or him.
    It is kinda interesting how it seems like at least half or more of the male superheros in this universe are Dads, but I can’t think of any Superhero moms. I will say I thought Alex angsting about kids was annoying, so I’m glad they dropped that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Andrea is being set up for the biggest fall ever and I honestly don't know if I should feel bad about it because of how much she brought it on herself.

So J'onn randomly flies around without his martian face now? If he truly felt complete and accepted, wouldn't he go martian 100% of the time? Although I guess he technically has a human identity...

Uh...goodbye DEO? I wonder if this is the end for the DEO or if they're going to rebuild. A part of me feels like Leviathan didn't earn the right to take such a major piece of the show down, but I guess Lex is partially responsible .

I'm sure there were those who were hoping Eve would kill William at the end of that scene.

Alex in a costume? That would be kind of weird. But I guess it worked John Diggle, so...

So Lena finally realizes that you can't brainwash people and that she shouldn't have trusted Lex...which everyone was calling out from the very beginning. Ah well, at least the long nightmare is finally over and we can get back to rebuilding Kara and Lena's friendship.
    Funny thing is- Pre-Crisis Andrea I'd feel bad about her fall. Post-Crisis Andrea, who went back to being a bitch, I could care less.

I think he even has a new suit. Let's face it- they spent a lot of money on the super-suit, but they only ever showed it when he was in full Martian mode. But they can't afford to do THAT all of the time, so this is the compromise.

Once they introduced The Tower, I knew it was only a matter of time before the DEO went away. Especially since both Alex and J'onn were no longer a part of it. I do love how Lex didn't care, because it was a tax write-off though.

ME!!!!!!!

As long as it's a better costume than the one they gave her before. It would be hilarious if they made her the new Guardian- Kelly could give her Jame's shield that he left her.

I'm interested in how that goes, since from what I've heard Katie McGrath's contract is up at the end of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    After last week's excellent episode, this episode really showed what the problem has been with the show this season. There's just too much plot and too many characters for much of it to land. Lex Luthor rightly overshadowed Leviathan but that only stresses just how much time has been wasted on this incredibly powerful but boring threat. Crisis also went some way towards making this season feel like two shorter seasons, neither of which are terribly satisfying. The stuff with Lena and Kara definitely works on an emotional level but it was never entirely convincing. It's a real pity because there's still tons to really enjoy here but this season has been a complete mess.

The bigger problem, though, is that there are just too damn many characters in what is theoretically a "solo" superhero show. Kara frequently gets lost in the shuffle in her own show. It's not just her, though. Aside for some obvious weak links (Kelly, William), the supporting cast in this show is really good. The Luthors have been the VIPs this season but characters like J'onn, Alex, Brainy and Nia are all genuinely pretty great. The problem is that there's just too many of them and they're constantly underserved by having to fight for screentime. They're also all overwhelmingly part of the superhero/villain world, which means that the grounding that Winn and Cat brought in the first season continues to be absent. The obvious solution for all this is for there to be a major culling of the cast before next season but I genuinely don't know who they should or could cut. Again, aside for the obvious. But it really does need to be done.

I agree wholeheartedly. I actually wonder if it wouldn't be better to finally get a Legion show going, and spin Brainy and Dreamer off into that.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    It is kinda interesting how it seems like at least half or more of the male superheros in this universe are Dads, but I can’t think of any Superhero moms. I will say I thought Alex angsting about kids was annoying, so I’m glad they dropped that.
    I don't think they dropped that as much as there is so much going on right now, that there isn't really a place to explore it.

I think the original plan was to have 22 episodes. Most sites that listed the episode count originally had it at 22. But after Melissa got pregnant they decided to cap it at 20 and use the time they were going to film the remaining
    season 5 episodes to instead film some season 6 episodes so they would have enough to carry them through the first part of October and they would resume filming in November so they could start the season on time and have
    it continue without too much of a break once the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    The Young Justice cartoon makes J’onn and M’Gaan as a couple so weird to me. I’m glad Lena’s seeing the error of her ways though.
    Never saw it and never read any comic books with her in it so I guess I have that advantage of seeing the characters fresh.

But in most cases the children are young adults or at least not infants. Barry's Nora is an adult. Oliver's Mia and William are adults. Mick's daughter is an adult. Stein's daughter is an adult. Never saw much of Diggle's kids.
    Now they could do some time shenanigans and make Kara's child an adult. In Xena: Warrior Princes Xena and Gabrielle went into a coma for 20 years after Xena had a baby so by the time Xena woke up
    her daughter was an adult. But I am not sure they want to put Kara and Alex and all their friends in stasis for 20 years to allow Kara's child to grow to adulthood.

But in most cases the children are young adults or at least not infants. Barry's Nora is an adult. Oliver's Mia and William are adults. Mick's daughter is an adult. Stein's daughter is an adult. Never saw much of Diggle's kids.
    Now they could do some time shenanigans and make Kara's child an adult. In Xena: Warrior Princes Xena and Gabrielle went into a coma for 20 years after Xena had a baby so by the time Xena woke up
    her daughter was an adult. But I am not sure they want to put Kara and Alex and all their friends in stasis for 20 years to allow Kara's child to grow to adulthood.
    The baby gets sick or is put in danger, and to save it they have to send it to the 31st century to be raised by the Legion.

See? Creative genius. Vince McMahon, eat your heart out!

The baby gets sick or is put in danger, and to save it they have to send it to the 31st century to be raised by the Legion.

See? Creative genius. Vince McMahon, eat your heart out!
    Be careful Supercorp may come after you if you have Mon-El playing daddy to Kara's child.