Page 272 of 374 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't know, Hackman's Lex was pretty faithful to the Silver Age version of the character.
    Maybe on Earth-Batman '66 , but not in any of the SA comics I have ever read. CB Lex was always a serious character, while Hackman's wasn't really. I know SA Lex would never, ever have put up with Otis for a single second.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    As long as Lex doesn't try to do another real estate deal as his major evil plan, we will be ok.
    Right . Where in the comics was he ever like that?

Astonishing Member

Want to comment that the Brainy vs. Hat fight looked like a couple of 8 year olds on the school yard. It was so lame. My constant complaint of idiotic fighting. Is Hat bullet proof? Pull a Glock and shoot him while he is posing. In fact, shoot at the entire Elite - known terrorists - when they show up. Yeah, invisible one is a problem.

This show just drags. Equal rights, blah, blah. Oh, if you want to make sure you kill Olsen - just don't shoot him once in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    As long as Lex doesn't try to do another real estate deal as his major evil plan, we will be ok.
    Lex seems like he is going to flood National City for some reason though. That was sort of Lex's plan in the Superman movie. Nuke California so it drops into the ocean and Lex could develop Arizona as beach front property.
    The show does like to give nods to the Superman movies. The peanut flicking scene at the bar and the mention that Superman killed Zod.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Lex seems like he is going to flood National City for some reason though. That was sort of Lex's plan in the Superman movie. Nuke California so it drops into the ocean and Lex could develop Arizona as beach front property.
    The show does like to give nods to the Superman movies. The peanut flicking scene at the bar and the mention that Superman killed Zod.
    There are indeed nods, but only from a distance. Otis, i.e., wasn't really comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    There are indeed nods, but only from a distance. Otis, i.e., wasn't really comparable at all.
    Yes, but he was there. Plus Eve Teschmacher Neither one are from the comic books. And Otis was sort of a dim bulb. Just more handsome and aggressive. Eve is much smarter than the movie version, went to Yale, and less of a bimbo.
    Obviously the writers are going to do their own versions of the characters, much to the chagrin of the purists who think everything has to be exactly like the comic books or other previous media versions.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I was kind of hoping that encountering the Sun-Eater would have gave Manchester powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Yes, but he was there. Plus Eve Teschmacher Neither one are from the comic books. And Otis was sort of a dim bulb. Just more handsome and aggressive. Eve is much smarter than the movie version, went to Yale, and less of a bimbo.
    You can understand why a supervillain would want to utilize Otis and Eve from the show, but nobody could rationally explain why Lex would hire Donnerverse Otis (Donnerverse Eve, OTOH.... )

Obviously the writers are going to do their own versions of the characters, much to the chagrin of the purists who think everything has to be exactly like the comic books or other previous media versions.
    Yeah, every adaption can be criticized for that. It's easier to just accept it's a different universe and just roll with it.

You can understand why a supervillain would want to utilize Otis and Eve from the show, but nobody could rationally explain why Lex would hire Donnerverse Otis (Donnerverse Eve, OTOH.... )

Yeah, every adaption can be criticized for that. It's easier to just accept it's a different universe and just roll with it.
    People do tend to either ignore or not realize that this Supergirl lives in an alternate universe, on Earth-38. Power Girl is from Earth-2 and she is vastly different than the Supergirl of the comic books Earth-1.
    So why would people expect the Earth-38 Supergirl and her universe to be exactly the same as the Earth-1 universe and that Supergirl?

Extraordinary Member

Right . Where in the comics was he ever like that?
    Comics, probably not since the 50's.

Hackman's Luthor reminds me of E. Nelson Bridewell's Lex Luthor of the Superman Novels minus the pathos (which is a major omission, by the way).

Now I couldn't tell you if his Luthor was like that because of the Superman movie or vice versa (I just checked- Maggin's version came first).

Is MB dead?
    I expect Luthor to escape before the end tonight.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Loving Cryer's portrayal as Luthor.

Yep, but I didn't expect them to go full Superman the Motion Picture.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I knew eve was in on it!

I like how Lena took control in the hospital and kicked the doctor and nurses out to protect them.

I'm shocked that Manchester was killed here, but I'm not sure he's gone. I think that maybe he used that staff to put a bit of himself into J'onn.

I loved everything about Cryer's Lex Luthor. From him manipulating Lena with the story about her mother (I bought it), to him being 3 steps ahead of Lena (I had someone give me the cure 10 minutes ago), to him directing the deaths of all of the DOJ trying to stop his escape.

Lena pretty much called out that Lex is pulling the President's strings.

MISS TESSMACHER!

I was joking last week about her shooting James, but it very well could have been her. Either her or Otis.

Speaking of which- how is he still alive? And if he's alive, is Mercy still alive as well?

Nice to meet Jame's sister.

Can they undo Alex's mind wipe now? I mean seriously, she only needed to not know Kara was Supergirl when Haley was testing everyone with the alien. The testing is done, undo it already.

Brainy and Nia are so cute together. I guess he realized that eventually he has to go back to the future; I have a feeling that when he does, Nia is going with him.

Zombie Kara and Alex were creepy as ****. I got a real Buffy the Vampire Slayer feel during that scene.

I'm guessing that Lex will have Eve draw Kara's attention away to save Lena, allowing him and Otis to escape.

Next week- FINALLY getting back to Red Daughter, and Lex is behind it all. It feels like this season just did a 180, and now I'm loving it.