Page 332 of 374 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not surprising once they pulled the trigger on the Superman show. They know where the money is. Sad, too, as the show had a good cast and fun stories.
    I wonder how much of this was the CW deciding to cancel the show, and how much of it was Melissa wanting to walk away. It can't be easy being the lead of a series and being a new mom, especially when her husband will probably be filming his new series in Los Angeles.

Hopefully, she can end up making a few guest appearances on Superman and Lois in the future. I just wish we could have had a Supergirl/Batwoman crossover with Melissa and Ruby.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder how much of this was the CW deciding to cancel the show, and how much of it was Melissa wanting to walk away. It can't be easy being the lead of a series and being a new mom, especially when her husband will probably be filming his new series in Los Angeles.

Hopefully, she can end up making a few guest appearances on Superman and Lois in the future. I just wish we could have had a Supergirl/Batwoman crossover with Melissa and Ruby.
    Yeah. The cousins of Superman and Batman teaming up in live action, practically writes itself.

I'm not the biggest fan of the show, but I do enjoy it and will be sorry to see it go. Benoist has done a great job as Kara and I hope she'll pop up again either on Superman or ... any of the other shows.

Does anyone have a preference for how it should end? I imagine they'll want to kinda shelve her just so they don't have to do the whole "Kara isn't available etc" stuff that they did with Superman whenever there was a plane-wide threat on "Supergirl". I actually hope she goes to the 31st century with the Legion (with Brainy and maybe Nura) - then she'll reunite with Winn and Mon.

I do hope Alex continues on one of the other shows, either as recurring or even a regular cast member.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-22-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of the show, but I do enjoy it and will be sorry to see it go. Benoist has done a great job as Kara and I hope she'll pop up again either on Superman or ... and of the other shows.

Does anyone have a preference for how it should end? I imagine they'll want to kinda shelve her just so they don't have to do the whole "Kara isn't available etc" stuff that they did with Superman whenever there was a plane-wide threat on "Supergirl". I actually hope she goes to the 31st century with the Legion (with Brainy and maybe Nura) - then she'll reunite with Winn and Mon.

I do hope Alex continues on one of the other shows, either as recurring or even a regular cast member.
    I would love to see Alex continue in another show. I'd kinda like to see her on Flash- she can work at STAR Labs, and back them up on missions.

There's also Legends, but at this point I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Is Lyla (sp?) still head of ARGUS? Maybe Alex can end up there and pop up in various Arrowverse shows in that function.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-22-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    I've kind of felt like it was heading in this direction, so while I'm not surprised, it is a little sad to see .

Incredible Member

but they still have superman and lois so supergirl and gang can just pop up there regularly

One thought I actually had. Perhaps they are going to do a Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes show. Set in the future, Kara learns what life is like in the 31st Century. That could be an expensive show however.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Sad to see it go, but hoping for a strong finish.

While Alex or even J'onn can go on to other shows, I'm hoping for a good, definitive end for the cast. It should have the same weight that Arrow's finale did.

The "Get Woke Go Broke" idiots are already claiming victory with this. Because somehow going six seasons is "going broke."

The one thing I won't miss is the toxicity this show received.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Is Lyla (sp?) still head of ARGUS? Maybe Alex can end up there and pop up in various Arrowverse shows in that function.
    Funny thing is that at the end of Arrow, Lyla and Diggle were moving to Metropolis. But Superman and Lois will be set in Smallville, and Diggle got a new ring, so....

I see two possible ways it could end. The first is sending her to the 31st Century with Brainy and probably Nia, have her join the Legion and reunite with Mon-El, who is no longer married to Saturn Girl (they did change the future, after all), thus giving her a happy ending.

The second is the classic 'And the story continues... off-screen' where the show ends with the team together, and maybe we'll hear about what they are doing in passing on the other shows but we just won't see it. That leaves everyone free to do guest spots and crossovers, if they can work the schedules out.

I did some more thinking about Alex on other shows, and while I'd like to see her character continued (she just FINALLY got a good-looking super suit!), one of the things I love best about her is her bond with Kara. I think it would be weird to see her go on, but not have those interactions.

Extraordinary Member

Looking beyond SG on CW, the network is also ending Supernatural and The 100, two other long time staples of the network, and Batwoman's survival with the lead change is...uncertain. Apart from locking in Swamp Thing's only season, and transferring Stargirl to the network...I don't know what they're going to do. There's some time slots they need to fill. More DC Arrowverse shows? If so, what? I agree LOSH is unlikely due to the expense of having to CG nearly everything, and also why stop Benoist's show if she had any intention of showing up on a regular basis just to play the same character in a show where she's not the title character? Rather than say enjoy her new family for a bit. I suppose they may spin off a version of the JSA off Stargirl, but...they haven't yet, and next season will have a dearth of programming. What other DC properties can they realistically do on a CW time and money budget?

As for Supergirl, I think a definitive ending like Arrow would be in order. I actually like Ollie's happily ever after in heaven thing, even though I thought losing Amell dealt a huge blow to the Arrowverse. OTOH, I understand the reality of the show, and that Amell couldn't play the character forever. Given that, and given that he sort of took on the role of both Barry and Kara in COIE...I could see giving SG a similar ending note. After all, it would be a bit better than the coda to SG we got in the comics after COIE from Moore, which just too bittersweet for me. I'd rather see her get some reward like Ollie did, a hopeful ending to a show that should have been based in hope.

Or, alternately, I'd say just give her the old "never ending battle" end, as she rides off into the sunset, so to speak. The problem is that has no real ending. It also has no real impact emotionally. It's...just another day in the life of Supergirl.

I'm partial to the ending of her living in the 31st century with Mon-El ending myself.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The "Get Woke Go Broke" idiots are already claiming victory with this. Because somehow going six seasons is "going broke."

The one thing I won't miss is the toxicity this show received.
    Yeah I had a guy on my FB page comment trying to tell me that it wasn't ending it was being cancelled. Like that meant more. I'm like dumbass, every show that ended was cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Looking beyond SG on CW, the network is also ending Supernatural and The 100, two other long time staples of the network, and Batwoman's survival with the lead change is...uncertain. Apart from locking in Swamp Thing's only season, and transferring Stargirl to the network...I don't know what they're going to do. There's some time slots they need to fill. More DC Arrowverse shows? If so, what? I agree LOSH is unlikely due to the expense of having to CG nearly everything, and also why stop Benoist's show if she had any intention of showing up on a regular basis just to play the same character in a show where she's not the title character? Rather than say enjoy her new family for a bit. I suppose they may spin off a version of the JSA off Stargirl, but...they haven't yet, and next season will have a dearth of programming. What other DC properties can they realistically do on a CW time and money budget?

As for Supergirl, I think a definitive ending like Arrow would be in order. I actually like Ollie's happily ever after in heaven thing, even though I thought losing Amell dealt a huge blow to the Arrowverse. OTOH, I understand the reality of the show, and that Amell couldn't play the character forever. Given that, and given that he sort of took on the role of both Barry and Kara in COIE...I could see giving SG a similar ending note. After all, it would be a bit better than the coda to SG we got in the comics after COIE from Moore, which just too bittersweet for me. I'd rather see her get some reward like Ollie did, a hopeful ending to a show that should have been based in hope.

Or, alternately, I'd say just give her the old "never ending battle" end, as she rides off into the sunset, so to speak. The problem is that has no real ending. It also has no real impact emotionally. It's...just another day in the life of Supergirl.
    Kinda wondering if the age of the CW as the superhero network is winding down.

Astonishing Member

I don't think they need some big ending. Just imply life goes on and that's that. Kara had no cosmic fate in store like the Winchesters. I lost interest in the show when it was more concerned with personal lives than a superhero theme in many episodes. So I won't miss it. It's not because of woke issues, it's just because I don't care that much about their personal lives as central. It's like Law and Order, you can have life but the issues are more important. When SVU focuses on their personal lives, I take a nap.