Page 324 of 374 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 5596

Jeremiah went out the Pa Kent way of natural causes. At least they established that he had been doing good to kind of redeem him after all the Cadmus stuff.

I forgot about all of Alex's issues of resentment and abandonment after all these seasons. It's not a pretty sight .

I'm starting to wonder if Alex might have a mild drinking problem.

I missed Alex with longer hair.

So can random dragons attack people in VR or is that just part of Alex's "scenario?"

William and Kelly, the team-up of the token love interests !

I wonder how many Supergirls there are floating around in that VR world. I can imagine it being very popular. You can even use the classic look, although now I'm imagining there's a "skirt vs pants" fandom rivalry.

Speaking of dropped season 2 plots, Henshaw! How much water did David Harewood have to gargle to pull off that voice? Although this just reminds me that they never addressed the real Henshaw after season 2, and I kind of doubt they're going to now given Harewood doesn't even like playing him. I would've just used Crisis to retcon in a more comic-accurate Henshaw so we could get a real Cyborg-Superman.

Handcuffs? Where did she pull those out from? I mean, yeah, it's a VR world, but is the Supergirl suit supposed to have pockets? Granted it's a nano-suit so it can probably do anything but I'm honestly curious. Then again, I think Flash has randomly pulled out Meta-Cuffs out of thin air before.

Could Supergirl really do that with her Freeze Breath if she wanted to? Although that would be majorly lethal .

Jeremiah sure had a small funeral. Maybe it was a deliberately more intimate affair, but did no one else care about Jeremiah other then his immediate family, J'onn, and their friends?

This episode sure made good use of fake body doubles with Fake!Psi and Fake!Dean Cain.Which kind of made them getting Helen Slater back all the more noticeable. Although it would've been awesome if she had been in Crisis too.

I had almost completely forgotten about Hope/Eve at this point. I guess Crisis means she didn't end up taking the fall for Lena and going to prison. Are they still writing around the actress' pregnancy?

I'm surprised the NSA was able to unintentionally get close to Leviathan's master plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Andrea herself continues to confuse me. I can't tell if she's evil, misguided, or genuinely wanting to do good, but still being a typical CEO where the bottom line is everything.
    I think she's misguided but has her heart and intentions in the right place of wanting to use Obsidian to help people or improve people's lives, but she's still a CEO at the end of the day and cares about profits and clicks and whatnot.

I really liked Alex's blue/black Supergirl oufit - looked really spiffy. I wonder what excuse they'll use to bring it back. (fwiw, I liked her with her regular short hair rather than the black wig/bangs)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Alex might have a mild drinking problem.
    Alex does like her booze. I recall a Thanksgiving episode where she stole a bottle of beer from Winn. Kara took it away and put it in the fridge. Then when Kara was talking to Eliza, Alex sneaked to the fridge and took
    out a bottle of whiskey. Alex was pretty tanked at dinner.

I missed Alex with longer hair.
    I like the "butch" look. It looks like Chyler is growing it back out again though. It seemed shorter on the sides last season.

Handcuffs? Where did she pull those out from? I mean, yeah, it's a VR world, but is the Supergirl suit supposed to have pockets? Granted it's a nano-suit so it can probably do anything but I'm honestly curious. Then again, I think Flash has randomly pulled out Meta-Cuffs out of thin air before.
    The real Supergirl apparently has a back pocket because she has reached under her cape and pulled out signal watches and Brainy's ring I guess a VR Supergirl could also have a back pocket or just imagines the item she needs.

Could Supergirl really do that with her Freeze Breath if she wanted to? Although that would be majorly lethal .
    Freeze people? Sure, Supergirl froze Scorch like that. Of course Scorch just melted her way out again. Plus Supergirl froze a whole batch of nano-bots.

I had almost completely forgotten about Hope/Eve at this point. I guess Crisis means she didn't end up taking the fall for Lena and going to prison. Are they still writing around the actress' pregnancy?
    Either that or either Leviathan or the Luthors pulled some strings and got Eve released. Be curious who Eve is now working for, Leviathan or the Luthors.
    Andrea already had her baby. She had a daughter that Andrea named Viola after her great grandmother. So this was probably filmed after Andrea gave birth.
    https://people.com/parents/andrea-br...viola-meaning/

Obvious fake actors for Psy and Jeremiah.

Man, those red eyes from the people trapped in the VR are unsettling as hell.

Alex as Emo Supergirl looked surprisingly good.

Extraordinary Member

Alex does make a pretty good Supergirl watch out Kara lol. Good episode on dealing with favoritism(or perceived) in families.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Alex does like her booze. I recall a Thanksgiving episode where she stole a bottle of beer from Winn. Kara took it away and put it in the fridge. Then when Kara was talking to Eliza, Alex sneaked to the fridge and took
    out a bottle of whiskey. Alex was pretty tanked at dinner.
    That was when she came out to Eliza, I think.

They really haven't shown her drinking that much over the past couple of seasons, but I remember in season's 1 and 2 at least they showed Alex drinking heavily and often. I kept waiting for the inevitable intervention episode.

I like the "butch" look. It looks like Chyler is growing it back out again though. It seemed shorter on the sides last season.

I liked the wig well enough, even with the bangs (I really can't stand bangs. They just don't look good to me). But I really liked her look with her natural hair in the suit. And yeah, it does look like she's growing it out; it looked pretty bad last season whenever she was on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I really liked Alex's blue/black Supergirl oufit - looked really spiffy. I wonder what excuse they'll use to bring it back. (fwiw, I liked her with her regular short hair rather than the black wig/bangs)
    We're on the same page, hair-wise. And actually, that could be a way to get around Melissa's pregnancy and maternity leave- some kind of accident or a Lex Luthor plot that strips Kara of her powers, and somehow gives them to Alex. Then Kara has to leave to try and find a way to reverse it or just get her powers back, or even then she's comatose for a time.

They really haven't shown her drinking that much over the past couple of seasons, but I remember in season's 1 and 2 at least they showed Alex drinking heavily and often. I kept waiting for the inevitable intervention episode.
    Let's not forget she joined the DEO after being arrested for DUI and needing J'onn to bail her out.

Let's not forget she joined the DEO after being arrested for DUI and needing J'onn to bail her out.
    True. Which makes me really surprised we haven't had an episode that explicitly dealt with her drinking. Which they could have done with this episode, the way she was holding a full glass of wine in one hand and drinking straight out of the bottle with the other.

Is season 5 of Supergirl tone deaf about technology?

"The anti-technology message of Supergirl season 5 seems short-sighted in the age of Coronavirus, where social media is helping save lives."

https://screenrant.com/supergirl-sea...d-coronavirus/

Not to mention the show doesn't seem to have much focus. Who is the main villain? And rather boring at times.

"The anti-technology message of Supergirl season 5 seems short-sighted in the age of Coronavirus, where social media is helping save lives."

Not to mention the show doesn't seem to have much focus. Who is the main villain? And rather boring at times.
    I don't think the season has been anti-technology or social media...more like anti-click bait and anti-immersive software.

I will agree Leviathan has been pretty weak as far as Big Bads go. They keep trying to make them out to be a big deal but I'm just not as invested in them as I am in the Luthor stuff.

They seem to be getting a decent amount of mileage from this VR stuff. This was a unique way of showing how Alex is dealing with, not just her father's death, but her uncertain post-DEO life as well. It's just too bad we didn't get to see much of Kara herself mourning over Jeremiah. "All Through the Night" again, eh? I think they used that song when Alex and Maggie got together.

Hey, Eliza! I was honestly surprised to see her. I was wondering if they would show Jeremiah at all, I guess a body double will have to do.
    I was surprised to see her as well (especially since she wasn't in Crisis), but I guess if they are going to only have the main characters at Jeremiah's funeral (half of who never even met him), having Eliza delivery the eulogy at least somewhat makes up for it.

We're on the same page, hair-wise. And actually, that could be a way to get around Melissa's pregnancy and maternity leave- some kind of accident or a Lex Luthor plot that strips Kara of her powers, and somehow gives them to Alex. Then Kara has to leave to try and find a way to reverse it or just get her powers back, or even then she's comatose for a time.
    I'd like to see this version of Alex again. Maybe if she does have to take over for Kara temporarily, she can use the name Superwoman?

I don't think it's tone deaf. Quite the opposite, in fact. I think Supergirl (this episode especially) is trying to do a Black Mirror-type concept of "How far will we advance technology until it goes too far and dehumanizes us?" That issue is ever topical.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'd like to see this version of Alex again. Maybe if she does have to take over for Kara temporarily, she can use the name Superwoman?
    Be kind of hilarious if that's how they finally work in Power Girl .

I don't think the season has been anti-technology or social media...more like anti-click bait and anti-immersive software.

I will agree Leviathan has been pretty weak as far as Big Bads go. They keep trying to make them out to be a big deal but I'm just not as invested in them as I am in the Luthor stuff.
    Agreed. It hasn't been totally anti-technology- we see the benefits of Obsidian Platinum in helping treat veterans with PTSD, and even in helping Alex deal with the death of her father. Even Lena's plot has shown some benefits, with violent criminals being successfully turned pacifistic. I think the season has been more about using technology responsibly.

And yeah, has there ever been a more underwhelming Big Bad than Leviathan? To heck with them, give me more Lex.

Also, it looks like they pulled the new episode this week and replaced it with Back From the Future Part II. Batwoman is similarly in reruns.

Agreed. It hasn't been totally anti-technology- we see the benefits of Obsidian Platinum in helping treat veterans with PTSD, and even in helping Alex deal with the death of her father. Even Lena's plot has shown some benefits, with violent criminals being successfully turned pacifistic. I think the season has been more about using technology responsibly.

And yeah, has there ever been a more underwhelming Big Bad than Leviathan? To heck with them, give me more Lex.

Also, it looks like they pulled the new episode this week and replaced it with Back From the Future Part II. Batwoman is similarly in reruns.
    They will also be running the Supergirl part 1 of Crisis on Infinite Earths in place of The Flash on Tuesday, April 7th. (Batwoman after that, Flash the next day, and Arrow and Legends on Tomorrow on Thursday)
    Originally Tuesday April 7th was to be a new Flash episode.

Bluebird

I’m guessing whatever new episodes were set to air tonight are still on the docket due to production shutting down because of Covid-19.