Page 352 of 374 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to see more of those Supergirl and Brainiac 5 VA's with Kara struggling to have a straight face in each one. Bonus points if Brainy is in his green form in each of them .
    I think you mean PSA's. VA's is for Voice Actors, PSA's is for Public Service Announcements, which that video was an example of. And I'm in complete agreement, I'd watch a whole series of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That is a weird ship. Nothing in the show hints at it. Is it really that popular?
    It's the kind of thing where the emotions and bond between them, the love, the trust issues, the hurt and betrayal, etc... everything about their relationship plays out like a romance. So yeah, people are gonna 'ship it.

Is this the first time Kara's weakness to magic has come up since the Silver Banshee episode?

Astonishing Member

This is a problem I have with vehicle bound non super superheroes, not just in this show. Look at the current FBI set of videos of the 1/6 bomber. If you have to ride around in your Supercar, on your supercycle - you would be on so many video sources that a 'secret' identity would be very difficult.

Ok, in skyscraper areas, you can swing around - but driving around. Let's see the 100's of images.

All the supercomputers bother me. I have enough of a grad course background is CS - old, I grant you, to realize that a couple of dudes and gals aren't putting together a supercomputer without backup, contractors, serious electrical engineers, etc. You don't learn that level of design and programming in an afternoon without supernatural, superhero mental powers.

Andrea actually helped out this time. I don't get why Kara is so resistant to social media, she's only in her late 20's.
    This doesn't affect your point, but isn't she 30 now?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's the kind of thing where the emotions and bond between them, the love, the trust issues, the hurt and betrayal, etc... everything about their relationship plays out like a romance. So yeah, people are gonna 'ship it.
    Really? I never got the sense that it played out like a romance. But then again, most of what you said about the trust issues hurt and betrayal doesn't seem like a romance to me at all, so maybe it's just my lack of watching romance films?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    This is a problem I have with vehicle bound non super superheroes, not just in this show. Look at the current FBI set of videos of the 1/6 bomber. If you have to ride around in your Supercar, on your supercycle - you would be on so many video sources that a 'secret' identity would be very difficult.
    It's not just non-supers dependent on vehicles, the camera'd age we live in even the flying, super-speeding, and web swinging types who actually live in the city they protect would be caught on camera sneaking into the window of their high rise apartments or such often enough that yeah, their secret ID wouldn't be a secret for long. That's just the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This doesn't affect your point, but isn't she 30 now?
    I think she was 24 when she started, so yeah she'd probably be around 30-31 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

So Mxy is back next episode it seems. One imp to fight another?
    The only part of the entire episode I cared about. I actually fast forwarded through part of it, cause it was getting to bad.

so far I think the writers are doing all that they can to show why Supergirl has bad ratings and is ending.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Is this the first time Kara's weakness to magic has come up since the Silver Banshee episode?
    I don't think she's faced a magical villain since Silver Banshee. Even with Mxy, she outsmarted him. And I don't think he ever used magic on her directly (other than putting her in a wedding dress).

In fact, they've pretty much stayed away from magic. The only weakness they've ever really explored was Kryptonite, and some red solar radiation.

This may be damning with feint praise, but as far as social issues go, I think this was one of the better ways this show has done it. They gave a face to the people Supergirl was standing up for (and it wasn't just a single appearance), and it was on a smaller scale that was something that could be voted on instead of just mentioning large issues that can't be solved easily.

Having said that, though, I agree with the rest of you that it wasn't handled that well. Another thing that bugged me was Kara's reaction to the PSA that felt like whataboutism. So eating healthy and fighting addiction isn't important because not enough people are talking about mental health? It was a fun PSA, Supergirl should've said she'd be up for doing another one that encourages both physical and mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Sigh, what a disappointment. Arrow went out with some dignity. I doubt Supergirl and Legends will.
    Given the tone of Legends of Tomorrow, does the show really want to go out with dignity?

Andrea actually helped out this time. I don't get why Kara is so resistant to social media, she's only in her late 20's.

Nia finally addressing her unresolved issues with her sister, thanks to her mom. I guess something good came out of this even if a lot of bad did too.

Supergirl is a master at giving speeches but can't handle a rapid-fire Q&A session. It was kind of amusing when Kara clammed up the moment that woman called her a hypocrite for all the hope talk.
    That's probably why she is resistant to social media. She knows how toxic it could be and doesn't want to run the risk of getting canceled when she's just trying to get her message out.

Incredible Member

I'm not so sure how the show intends to go out.

But it has seemed at times this year that they seem to be going through the motions.
    It happens with shows as they near the end of their run. I think that Melissa's
    pregnancy, the lack of push for them by the CW, Covid have all made this year
    something wimpy so far.

I am looking forward to Mxy. It would make a nice break from some failed plot ideas
    that we have seen so far.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the show will just whimper away. A speech about cholesterol and flossing, then off to the 30th Century. Maybe Flash will discover the Floss Force.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The whole embracing of the cheeky "SuperFriends" moniker is a bit telling as well. They are just spinning their wheels till the end it feels.
    They can't really create&develop any new characters. Characters who were new last year can only be advanced so far because of whatever plot thread(s) they have to use in 'x' amount of episodes to wrap up Kara's story.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Did Diggle ever show up? I thought Ramsey was supposed to hit all the Arrowverse shows on his final tour.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia