Page 315 of 374 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5596

Fun to see Kara and Kate's friendship in full swing on "Batwoman." For those who don't watch, Kate decided to out Batwoman as gay and had Kara write the article announcing it.

Fun fact: the female Brainiac 5 was played by Jesse Rath's actual sister .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fun fact: the female Brainiac 5 was played by Jesse Rath's actual sister .
    Correct. I recognized her from Hawaii Five-O.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Wasn't expecting the Big Bads of season 3 to become semi-harmless fortune tellers. What's next, Damian Darhk as a genuine real estate developer?
    I so want to see that now...

That's a relief that they didn't just wipe away Lena's memory and undid all that happened earlier in the season. I'm all aboard the idea of more Luthors casuing trouble!

J'onn was only in one scene, but I feel like he is busy going around Earth Prime restoring memories to whoever he wants to.

Brainiac 5 is fully formed! That's pretty awesome. And shrinking planets is the most Coluan thing ever.

I don't see what about that barfight warranted playing N'Sync, but okay.
    "It's Gonna Be Me" is a metaphor for what's going on with Brainy interacting with other versions of himself and then becoming a newer, more fuller Brainiac 5.

You've got no choice, babe
    But to move on, and you know
    There ain't no time to waste
    You're just too blind, to see
    But in the end, ya know it's gonna be me
    It's gonna be him indeed.

So, Chyler's got a new Supersuit....

Looks like an inverse of Kara's. She's even rocking the same hairstyle in black. I'm guessing this is for their 100th episode, but man that suit already looks so much better than the bland thing they designed for her.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, Chyler's got a new Supersuit....

Looks like an inverse of Kara's. She's even rocking the same hairstyle in black. I'm guessing this is for their 100th episode, but man that suit already looks so much better than the bland thing they designed for her.
    What kind of alternate universe is this ?

I'm definitely not sure what the black hair is all about. Unless...I dunno, this turns into "what if Kara didn't have powers and Alex did."

9ui7jfzhiec41.jpg

Maybe this is a result of Mxy?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    9ui7jfzhiec41.jpg

Maybe this is a result of Mxy?
    I can totally see Mxy giving Alex Kara's powers on a whim.

Mighty Member

That Lex Luthor action figure looked cool.

Live thoughts...

So great to see Winn back, and in costume!

I want those action figures.

Oh god, they're going to make Kara and William a thing, aren't they?

So Andrea isn't Acrata yet. Interesting...

Just call it the Watchtower.

Not digging J'onn's tactical vest. Just wear the suit.

Actually, if he was going to wear the vest, he should have been wearing it when he fought the Anti Monitor after he said 'New Earth, new look.' That would have made more sense then just pointing out he was wearing his suit with his human face now.

Okay, I laughed hard at Winn getting caught up by J'onn.

Evil Toyman Winn is fun. Interesting use of social media as well.

Wow. I wasn't expecting Brainy to regret working with Lex so soon. I thought it would go on for several more episodes before he realized he made a mistake.

God, they are. Can we just get to the part where they kill the love interest?

And I'm back to hating Andrea. And wishing that Kara would tell her to go spit.

Hey, if there are two Winns, shouldn't they be having splitting headaches by now?

This is making me realize how much I've missed Winn. I wish he'd come back full time.

Put William in danger!!!!! Please!!!!

I have to admit, I'm kind of getting tired of Kara doubting herself. You would think that would have been put to rest by now.

Oh, for god's sake. How do these advanced starships not have better security?! I swear, I had the same problem with The Mandalorian. You should need more than a piece of hair to access and advanced, futuristic starship!!!

Eye of the Tiger was a bit on the nose.

I was actually waiting for the tigers to combine into a Voltron.

Well, William wasn't entirely useless.

Sadly, my U-Verse decided to glitch during the Winn vs Winn scene. Why the F*** couldn't it do that during any William scenes.

Wow, Brainy spilling so damn fast.

Winn is much more understanding than he has any right to be.

So is Winn not supposed to notice the fact that a piece of his ship is missing?

Game night with two useless characters. At least Jenga was fun.

Ah. Toyman wanted to live forever. Now we see how.

Pretty good episode, all told. The things I do like outweighed the things I didn't. I am sorry that Andrea has seemed to loose all of the character development that she had gained before the Crisis; now she's back to acting like a Cat Grant with all of the bite and none of the charm. And her apparent hatred of Kara is still inexplicable- she's a Pulitzer winning journalist that brought down a President. Even if that BS contract stood up in court (it wouldn't), she could still spend 2 years just being Supergirl and maybe writing a book, and then go to work for the competition. Maybe open up a branch of the Daily Planet in National City and run it herself.) Andrea should be making an attempt to glad-hand Kara, or at least try to get her on her side.

I hate that they are setting William up as a love interest for Kara- she's a successful woman, just let her be self-partnered.

Kelly did nothing this episode, but it's more the fact that she exists that I hate.

What's with the pop music soundtracks to fight scenes on this show now? They did it last week too and I don't know that it really works the way they think it does. Makes me think they saw it somewhere and it was more successful there.

I agree about how mismatched Kara is with William. They have zero chemistry. I am not against the idea of her having relationships - she's a healthy young person with desires, etc. and Mon-el was a long time ago. She's altruistic, but she's not a nun. But William? No, don't see it. And Kara becomes a reporter then starts dating a respected, driven reporter who chases a story regardless of the danger?? Do they have to copy even more Superman stuff?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-30-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Is there any particular reason why there’s a preponderance of blue in all the costumes?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What's with the pop music soundtracks to fight scenes on this show now? They did it last week too and I don't know that it really works the way they think it does. Makes me think they saw it somewhere and it was more successful there.

I agree about how mismatched Kara is with William. They have zero chemistry. I am not against the idea of her having relationships - she's a healthy young person with desires, etc. and Mon-el was a long time ago. She's altruistic, but she's not a nun. But William? No, don't see it. And Kara becomes a reporter then starts dating a respected, driven reporter who chases a story regardless of the danger?? Do they have to copy Superman even more Superman stuff?

I agree about the music. They did something similar back a few seasons when Kara drove J'onn's car on Mars while listening to Brittney Spears, but the fight wasn't set to it. At least the music choice this time worked better (IMO).

And Jesus, I didn't even put together the Lois Lane parallel. Mostly because I really haven't seen William be a good reporter. I know he has a reputation, but all I've seen of him shows me that he's a moron. Going right up to Lex and accusing him of killing his friend- he isn't worried that Lex would have him killed as well? Wiliam is the anti-Lois: all moxie, no brains.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Is there any particular reason why there’s a preponderance of blue in all the costumes?
    It's the color motif of the show.

Side note, I was watching a first season episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and one of the guest stars looked very familiar to me. And sure enough, I was right- in the first season episode 'When the Bough Breaks', the two leaders of the planet that stole the kids from the Enterprise were Deep Throat from The X-Files, and Lillian Luthor from Supergirl.

William x Kara was clear from the get go, no real surprises there. I mean, I'm no SuperCorp shipper and it can only be better than Mon-El, so I'm open to it.

Great to see Winn again, his presence was really missed in the last 2 season.