Page 317 of 374 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5596

Melissa trying to sing off key. Loved the opening.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Great episode. Loved that Lex exo-suits attack scene.

I thought the latest ep was okay. Fairly standard for the most part - Supergirl being mostly ineffective (or just a bit more effective than a DEO agent with a gun), torture about betraying Lena, Brainy being weird and somehow ineffectual against an AI ( I get that the story was about Winn, but a Brainiac from Colu being ineffectual against an artificial intelligence? Okay...) It was a good choice to introduce a story element that allowed them to change the actor's portrayal of Brainy- he was becoming borderline cartoony.

The highlight since Crisis has been Lex. The fact that he isn't a wanted criminal here and can play a plain egomaniac genius without having to be on the run or constantly fighting the authorities, gives him room to play and be manipulative and play the long game, which Cryer is pulling off really well.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-17-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Hope we'll see Winn against next week. So great to see him again.

Flying Monkeys are as dangerous as Imperial Startroopers!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

It's been too long since the last time we've heard Kara sing. William...could use a lesson or two.

I'm disappointed Supergirl doesn't have a cool Post-Crisis intro like Flash and Legends do. Maybe they're saving it for season 6...

"Computer Lad?" Kind of mouthy and corny, but appropriate. I love how Lightning Lad probably gave it to him as a joke .

Of course a Lex Luthor run DEO would have plenty of Kryptonite and Warsuits on-hand to take care of those pesky Kryptonians.

The last thing we need is an immortal AI Luthor. Although now he's palling around with Leviathan, so I have to wonder what Lex's real endgame is.

It was nice to see OG!Toyman again, and to see Winn actually reconcile with his father and his Toyman heritage in some regard. Although for a Legion codename I'd go with "Toy Lad" or "Toy Kid," or "Toymaster" like the Hiro Okamura Toyman.

"LEEROY JENKINS!" Ah, there's the old Brainy .

So Lena orchestrated the issue with Andrea's tech to force Andrea into a situation where Lena could get access to Andrea's tech. She is becoming way too Luthor-like .

I know the Arrowverse shows never really care about this stuff, but what is Alex going to do with no job? Live off Kelly's income? Although maybe she got a good severance package. The benefits of working for Lex seem pretty good.

Wow, Kara dropped the prospect of dating William quicker then she dropped Jimmy. So much for Winn and Alex's pep talk. She could've at least taken the puzzle for "grandma" instead of leaving like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know the Arrowverse shows never really care about this stuff, but what is Alex going to do with no job? Live off Kelly's income? Although maybe she got a good severance package. The benefits of working for Lex seem pretty good.

Wow, Kara dropped the prospect of dating William quicker then she dropped Jimmy. So much for Winn and Alex's pep talk. She could've at least taken the puzzle for "grandma" instead of leaving like that.

Severance usually only occurs if you are laid off. By quitting, she should get nothing. But you're right- these shows only occasionally care about these things. Could Barry and Iris afford that loft living off of the salaries of a CSI tech and a reporter (who is self-funding their own newspaper)? Could Kara conceivably afford her loft living off what she had made as Cat Grant's assistant? At least with Oliver, he was a billionaire (and later millionaire), so money wasn't an issue. I just think since they never had to worry about it in his case, they don't with anyone else.

As for William, THANK GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Severance usually only occurs if you are laid off. By quitting, she should get nothing. But you're right- these shows only occasionally care about these things. Could Barry and Iris afford that loft living off of the salaries of a CSI tech and a reporter (who is self-funding their own newspaper)? Could Kara conceivably afford her loft living off what she had made as Cat Grant's assistant? At least with Oliver, he was a billionaire (and later millionaire), so money wasn't an issue. I just think since they never had to worry about it in his case, they don't with anyone else.
    I think we're supposed to assume (emphasis on assume) that Barry is living off of whatever fortune Thawne had amassed as Wells and he pays everybody a salary. Either that or STAR Labs makes some kind of commission on the tech they develop.

I think Kara would probably make a pretty hefty income being the assistant to a business mogul like Cat. I actually wonder if she gets paid less as a reporter, although doesn't she also own the apartment building? I think I remember that coming up.

With Oliver...they never really explained how Oliver was still funding things after losing Queen Consolidated. I think Amell said Oliver had some money stashed away but by the end of season 2 they were treating him like he was broke.

I think Kara would probably make a pretty hefty income being the assistant to a business mogul like Cat. I actually wonder if she gets paid less as a reporter, although doesn't she also own the apartment building? I think I remember that coming up.
    The way I heard it is Kara is the building supervisor and the owner gives her a break on the rent. Plus apparently it's a rent controlled building. Kara once asked Lena what brought her to the rent controlled side of town
    when Lena came to visit Kara. So the building probably isn't in the best neighborhood. Kara does have a rather massive door, another indication it isn't a great neighborhood. All that together indicates maybe the rent
    isn't really that high for such a big apartment.

I think we're supposed to assume (emphasis on assume) that Barry is living off of whatever fortune Thawne had amassed as Wells and he pays everybody a salary. Either that or STAR Labs makes some kind of commission on the tech they develop.

With Oliver...they never really explained how Oliver was still funding things after losing Queen Consolidated. I think Amell said Oliver had some money stashed away but by the end of season 2 they were treating him like he was broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The way I heard it is Kara is the building supervisor and the owner gives her a break on the rent. Plus apparently it's a rent controlled building. Kara once asked Lena what brought her to the rent controlled side of town
    when Lena came to visit Kara. So the building probably isn't in the best neighborhood. Kara does have a rather massive door, another indication it isn't a great neighborhood. All that together indicates maybe the rent
    I missed all of that about Kara. Honestly it never bugged me- the cast in these kinds of shows always have unbelievably large, well-furnished homes that you can't see them being able to afford. I just roll with it.

I forgot that Thawne left Barry all of his money along with the lab.

As for Barry, I think one of the producers one explained that when Oliver lost QC, he went from Billionaire to Millionaire. So he still had money, just not as much. On a side note, I really don't see why the Queens couldn't have sold their art collection to recoup some of the money they lost.

Something I just noticed about the last episode- did Kelly say that the body was still getting all of the nutrients it needed when Andrea was eating digital food with the contacts? How the HELL does that work?!

Melisa Benoist Yesterday by 100th post Video Season 3

Last edited by juan678; 02-22-2020 at 05:42 PM.

I'm glad it looks like they're bringing back Mxy's goofiness with this new take.

Winn's father is still a psycho, but it was nice to at least see Winn resolve some of his issues there. Turning the "Toy Man" name into the name of a good guy was a nice turn.

It makes sense that Kara would be hesitant to pursue a relationship with William because of Lena, and Kara especially hates to lie, but it feels like she has been alone for so long and it would be nice to see her take the chance and have a new relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fairly standard for the most part - Supergirl being mostly ineffective (or just a bit more effective than a DEO agent with a gun).
    They had to hit her with some kryptonite to bring her down to the level of the others, or else they wouldn't even be needed.

I'm disappointed Supergirl doesn't have a cool Post-Crisis intro like Flash and Legends do. Maybe they're saving it for season 6...
    I guess all shows are done with the "My name is..." intros because they were saving the new format for post-Crisis. That should mean Batwoman and Supergirl should get them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I always wonder if people like Kara or Barry live in the side of town that isn't the best because property values go down due to all the supervillain attacks. Obviously, that's no concern to them, and being near where a villain is more likely to strike keeps them closer to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I guess all shows are done with the "My name is..." intros because they were saving the new format for post-Crisis. That should mean Batwoman and Supergirl should get them too.
    And those kind of intros started with Arrow, so with the show over and the old intro's gone it's a true end of an era.

I do think it would be kind of neat if Mia's show still has it though.