Page 268 of 374 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5596

Why do I get the feeling that by the end of this season, Kara is going to have Alex's mind wiped of her entirely? And maybe she ends the season going to Argo City?

And what the hell are they doing with Lena?
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 02-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.

More importantly, Ben Lockwood is freed on such a laughable technicality?
    Honestly, this show keeps telling us that Kara is a dumbass and that her classical heroics don't work.

Is it too much to hope for that the Elite will take care of the Children of Liberty?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The other question is: how do people sneak up on Kara constantly? I thought she was equipped with super hearing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Is it just me or does this show totally miss the point of "What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and the Elite storyline?

In the comics it was a story about the dangers of supporting vigilante justice especially when the vigilantes are playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner. But in that story the system wasn't broken well no more than usual. Here there is alluded collusion between the President and a vigilante group of bigots who are activity committing hate crimes and acts of domestic terrorism. The System is broken on Supergirl right now there isn't anything to point to to say hay it isn't perfect but it's better than these guys running around unchecked killing people.

Astonishing Member

Kara is just a punching bag as we all know she could end most fights in a Flash (oops) except for matched levels like Kryptonians or Martians. She lands on her butt so Alex can save her. Alex has the reverse problem of being able to fight folks who should make her into a flap jack in a couple of milliseconds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The other question is: how do people sneak up on Kara constantly? I thought she was equipped with super hearing.
    The CW Supergirl isn't really equipped with much of anything.

Didn't watch the episode. Read through a recap, as I've been doing since midway through the middle of last season. I'm waiting for a recap that doesn't mention Supergirl needing to be rescued/saved in some way and maybe actually doing something genuinely super/heroic.

This week I got as far as "Menagerie is about to kill Supergirl when...."

I legitimately hate this show. And I'm not someone who uses that word a lot, cos there's a big difference between not liking something and real non-hyperbolic hate. Likewise, I don't mean it in a "I hate watching it" sort of way, because like I said, I stopped. Now I just hate what it is and what it does. The irony is that a lot of the complaints I've seen labelled at the show, this year especially, are that it's too PC or too feminist. Which seems almost laughable. Because for whatever messages the show is trying to put across every week, the fundamental basis of the show is that the DC's strongest female hero is not just frequently but almost always weaker, slower and generally less effective than every opponent she faces.

And yeah, there's an argument that you need to challenge your main character in a TV show, because that's what makes the drama. And that's completely true. The problem here is that it's rarely Supergirl who ever finds the solution to a particular problem or enemy herself and basically just gets saved and then does a bit of clean up afterwards.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Is it just me or does this show totally miss the point of "What's so Funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way" and the Elite storyline?

In the comics it was a story about the dangers of supporting vigilante justice especially when the vigilantes are playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner. But in that story the system wasn't broken well no more than usual. Here there is alluded collusion between the President and a vigilante group of bigots who are activity committing hate crimes and acts of domestic terrorism. The System is broken on Supergirl right now there isn't anything to point to to say hay it isn't perfect but it's better than these guys running around unchecked killing people.
    Then again, the original Elite storyline was less concerned with showing the dangers of vigilante justice (and let's not pretend superheroes aren't supportive of vigilante justice) and more about DC being pissy that the Authority was outselling Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I just chuck this up to the idea that Kryptonian hearing isn't turned on to full max all the time otherwise it would massively overwhelm them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then again, the original Elite storyline was less concerned with showing the dangers of vigilante justice (and let's not pretend superheroes aren't supportive of vigilante justice)
    Eh, when superheroes are done the way I prefer them to be done, superheroes are not supportive of vigilante justice. Rather they are dedicated to bringing to justice those who could not be by conventional law enforcement. They wear masks because conventional law enforcement cannot protect their loved ones from these special criminals, and superheroes can't be everywhere. It requires considerable suspension of disbelief about how constitutional rights work, but that's the least of the disbelief required in comic books.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Just great; Agent Liberty just created a child murderer.

Hey, aren't we missing Coldcast from the Elite?

I wonder if we're going to have a introduction of Neil Gaiman's the Endless with all the mentions of dreams, destiny, and death with Nia.

Hey, now that you mention it, yeah, one member is still missing!

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Eh, when superheroes are done the way I prefer them to be done, superheroes are not supportive of vigilante justice. Rather they are dedicated to bringing to justice those who could not be by conventional law enforcement. They wear masks because conventional law enforcement cannot protect their loved ones from these special criminals, and superheroes can't be everywhere. It requires considerable suspension of disbelief about how constitutional rights work, but that's the least of the disbelief required in comic books.
    Yes, I'm sure vigilantes use this sort of excuse all the time too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yes, I'm sure vigilantes use this sort of excuse all the time too.
    In the comic world, it's not an excuse, it's reality.

Okay, my more indepth thoughts....

I think that Lena was getting the news that Lex was going to be released, which is why at first she wanted to run to Paris. Later, she pushed James away, probably to keep him safe. Finally, I think she agreed to the Government's deal to gain access to resources she needs to finish her superpower serum, so she can use it against Lex.

If this isn't what's going on, then I really don't know what the hell they are doing with Lena.

Oh yay, the Children of Liberty are back. Now with child soldiers!

And why the hell wasn't Alex having all of them arrested? They interfered with a Federal agency's attempt to arrest a mass-murderer. What, because a kid cut the head off of an alien presumably on live tv), they couldn't move in because of... optics?

I'm starting to see why Brent Spinner ended up passing on the role of President Baker. Though he's still a more believable President than Trump. That was the most ri-goddamn-diculous excuse to get a domestic terrorist out of prison.

I do like how they humanize Col. Haley, but at the same time I still hate her guts.

I'll say it again, Kara's speech about how she was the one holding Alex back from living her life makes me fear that she will convince J'onn to totally wipe her from Alex's mind.

They made a big deal about the Children of Liberty getting the 'win' by taking down Menagerie. But next week, she's back and with the Elite. Do you think the writers will acknowledge that, or will they just gloss over it.

So... Manchester has a wax seal and parchment in prison?

Vworp Vworp, I understand why you hate this show, and I can agree with a lot of your points. There is absolutely no reason why Kara shouldn't have been able to easily beat Menagerie, except for the fact they wanted to give Dreamer an entrance.

It feels like they took half of the writing team of last year's Flash, and half the writers from last year's Arrow, and made them the new writers for this season of Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    In the comic world, it's not an excuse, it's reality.
    In the comic world, superheroes are vigilantes unless they actually are licensed peace keepers.

Astonishing Member

I just chuck this up to the idea that Kryptonian hearing isn't turned on to full max all the time otherwise it would massively overwhelm them.
    The writers should go back to a Cognitive Psych course and learn about selective attention, that would take care of the auditory overload problem. With a superspeed brain, it would be very effective.

Kara is just an incompetent.