Page 258 of 374 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 5596
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    All aliens have powers
    Kinda makes you wonder what powers a human would have on an alien world.

John Cryer is Lex Luthor
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I'm rather confused by the large number of aliens. I know the writers are doing a rift on Trump, how clever. So the healer dude has been in country for decades and refusing interviews for that long. He only heals aliens. That means lots of aliens in the country for decades. Well, isn't that not in the show's previous history where Kal seemed to be first. Now they've been on Earth openly for a long time? All aliens have powers?

Again the subtle digs at Kara and the gang behind rather open about their richy privilege status while working folks seem to get the shaft from all the alien conflict. So what are the writers playing at? Trump stinks but he has a point?
    That is a bit of an issue I've been having with this season. Clearly the writers are taking a dig at Trump, his policies and supporters but the fact of the matter is Liberty, aside from his murderous tendencies, made some good points. The show wants to aliens to be an analog for minorities and but that falls apart when you consider all the superpowered aliens featured that can pose a threat. Hell while Kal and Kara are benevolent Earth has been attacked by other Kryptonians twice, possibly three depending on how the Zod scenario played out. Somewhat related I feel that the president Marsden reveal was underplayed. The revelation that the president was actually an alien passing pro alien laws would've only made things worse for alien citizens.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder what powers a human would have on an alien world.
    I'm ready to acquire some now!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    John Cryer is Lex Luthor
    I know he's recently gone bald but I can't say I saw that one coming .

This kind of feels like a Jesse Eisenberg situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    That is a bit of an issue I've been having with this season. Clearly the writers are taking a dig at Trump, his policies and supporters but the fact of the matter is Liberty, aside from his murderous tendencies, made some good points. The show wants to aliens to be an analog for minorities and but that falls apart when you consider all the superpowered aliens featured that can pose a threat. Hell while Kal and Kara are benevolent Earth has been attacked by other Kryptonians twice, possibly three depending on how the Zod scenario played out. Somewhat related I feel that the president Marsden reveal was underplayed. The revelation that the president was actually an alien passing pro alien laws would've only made things worse for alien citizens.
    It's the same issue with the X-Men and mutants as a minority metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    John Cryer is Lex Luthor
    Well, he has taken credit for destroying Superman in the past.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Except it appears there are not nearly as many of them as there are aliens on Kara's world.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know he's recently gone bald but I can't say I saw that one coming .

This kind of feels like a Jesse Eisenberg situation...

Yeah and I have an issue with it there as well. Sure the intention is good but when some thought is applied the analogy crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Agent Liberty is losing allies pretty quickly, eh? First the Graves siblings, now Jensen.
    Wonder what his next big move is gonna be.
    It kinda gives credence to the theory that they'll do what they did last season, and have Liberty be the antagonist for only the first half and do away with him by mid-season. Except, when a probably evil Russian Supergirl shows up, I'd kinda want him still around in the Prophet's role ("See? I told you that you can't trust aliens!")

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I wonder when we'll see Manchester Black again. I also wonder if they'll introduce his sister and their version of The Elite.
    Manchester comes back next episode, according to promo photos. And didn't they just cast someone's sister for this show? Besides Nia's?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    But the Marsden reveal is still playing out. The show is showing things getting worse for aliens. And really, how long before Haley pulls rank and starts having the DEO act just like it was under Henshaw?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    But the Marsden reveal is still playing out. The show is showing things getting worse for aliens. And really, how long before Haley pulls rank and starts having the DEO act just like it was under Henshaw?
    I don't know I just feel that things could be handled differently. Hell in light of the president being an alien I'm shocked that no one has pushed for the Alien Amnesty Act to be repealed and for aliens to be deported. A little extreme perhaps but I think that would be effective. As for Haley I see her trying to usurp the DEO if the new president is revealed to be a Liberty sympathizer.

Mighty Member

Without a doubt,that dragon scene was pretty cool.

They keep casting these tremendous black actresses in every role than the role they should cast them in- Amanda Waller. Meanwhile, the Waller they did cast who was killed off never really worked as Waller.

Is it too much for me to want Supergirl to tell Haley "Bitch, I work WITH the DEO, not FOR the DEO, and I don't take orders from you!"? Okay, maybe not that directly, but still...

As soon as Kara brought up Thanksgiving, I knew how that interview was going to end.

Brainy fighting was glorious. So was the Dragon.

Well, Kara didn't tell Haley to go F*** herself, but I'm, glad that Alex finally did.

What exactly are Dreamers powers?

Does this mean Lena and James are over now? Please? And Lena is turning into the new Maxwell Lord.

Interesting preview for next week. I wonder how Kara looses her powers this time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    They keep casting these tremendous black actresses in every role than the role they should cast them in- Amanda Waller. Meanwhile, the Waller they did cast who was killed off never really worked as Waller.

Is it too much for me to want Supergirl to tell Haley "Bitch, I work WITH the DEO, not FOR the DEO, and I don't take orders from you!"? Okay, maybe not that directly, but still...

As soon as Kara brought up Thanksgiving, I knew how that interview was going to end.

Brainy fighting was glorious. So was the Dragon.

Well, Kara didn't tell Haley to go F*** herself, but I'm, glad that Alex finally did.

What exactly are Dreamers powers?

Does this mean Lena and James are over now? Please? And Lena is turning into the new Maxwell Lord.

Interesting preview for next week. I wonder how Kara looses her powers this time.
    And Manchester is turning anti-hero now. Can't say I blame him though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Frankly, the large number of them on Earth is flat-out ridiculous (at least the ones with powers - the storyline would have worked out a lot better if they were more like the ones from Alien Nation).
    I've been thinking this for a few weeks, and was about to post this, but I was beaten to the punch by my friendly co-moderator (DC forum). Darknight, you are right on target in my opinion.

Sandy Hausler

Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) has been cast as Lex Luthor in a recurring role.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/lex-lut...rl-1202503628/