Page 325 of 332 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 4971

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's not forget she joined the DEO after being arrested for DUI and needing J'onn to bail her out.
    True. Which makes me really surprised we haven't had an episode that explicitly dealt with her drinking. Which they could have done with this episode, the way she was holding a full glass of wine in one hand and drinking straight out of the bottle with the other.

Is season 5 of Supergirl tone deaf about technology?

"The anti-technology message of Supergirl season 5 seems short-sighted in the age of Coronavirus, where social media is helping save lives."

https://screenrant.com/supergirl-sea...d-coronavirus/

Not to mention the show doesn't seem to have much focus. Who is the main villain? And rather boring at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

"The anti-technology message of Supergirl season 5 seems short-sighted in the age of Coronavirus, where social media is helping save lives."

Not to mention the show doesn't seem to have much focus. Who is the main villain? And rather boring at times.
    I don't think the season has been anti-technology or social media...more like anti-click bait and anti-immersive software.

I will agree Leviathan has been pretty weak as far as Big Bads go. They keep trying to make them out to be a big deal but I'm just not as invested in them as I am in the Luthor stuff.

They seem to be getting a decent amount of mileage from this VR stuff. This was a unique way of showing how Alex is dealing with, not just her father's death, but her uncertain post-DEO life as well. It's just too bad we didn't get to see much of Kara herself mourning over Jeremiah. "All Through the Night" again, eh? I think they used that song when Alex and Maggie got together.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hey, Eliza! I was honestly surprised to see her. I was wondering if they would show Jeremiah at all, I guess a body double will have to do.
    I was surprised to see her as well (especially since she wasn't in Crisis), but I guess if they are going to only have the main characters at Jeremiah's funeral (half of who never even met him), having Eliza delivery the eulogy at least somewhat makes up for it.

We're on the same page, hair-wise. And actually, that could be a way to get around Melissa's pregnancy and maternity leave- some kind of accident or a Lex Luthor plot that strips Kara of her powers, and somehow gives them to Alex. Then Kara has to leave to try and find a way to reverse it or just get her powers back, or even then she's comatose for a time.
    I'd like to see this version of Alex again. Maybe if she does have to take over for Kara temporarily, she can use the name Superwoman?

I don't think it's tone deaf. Quite the opposite, in fact. I think Supergirl (this episode especially) is trying to do a Black Mirror-type concept of "How far will we advance technology until it goes too far and dehumanizes us?" That issue is ever topical.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'd like to see this version of Alex again. Maybe if she does have to take over for Kara temporarily, she can use the name Superwoman?
    Be kind of hilarious if that's how they finally work in Power Girl .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think the season has been anti-technology or social media...more like anti-click bait and anti-immersive software.

I will agree Leviathan has been pretty weak as far as Big Bads go. They keep trying to make them out to be a big deal but I'm just not as invested in them as I am in the Luthor stuff.
    Agreed. It hasn't been totally anti-technology- we see the benefits of Obsidian Platinum in helping treat veterans with PTSD, and even in helping Alex deal with the death of her father. Even Lena's plot has shown some benefits, with violent criminals being successfully turned pacifistic. I think the season has been more about using technology responsibly.

And yeah, has there ever been a more underwhelming Big Bad than Leviathan? To heck with them, give me more Lex.

Also, it looks like they pulled the new episode this week and replaced it with Back From the Future Part II. Batwoman is similarly in reruns.

Agreed. It hasn't been totally anti-technology- we see the benefits of Obsidian Platinum in helping treat veterans with PTSD, and even in helping Alex deal with the death of her father. Even Lena's plot has shown some benefits, with violent criminals being successfully turned pacifistic. I think the season has been more about using technology responsibly.

And yeah, has there ever been a more underwhelming Big Bad than Leviathan? To heck with them, give me more Lex.

Also, it looks like they pulled the new episode this week and replaced it with Back From the Future Part II. Batwoman is similarly in reruns.
    They will also be running the Supergirl part 1 of Crisis on Infinite Earths in place of The Flash on Tuesday, April 7th. (Batwoman after that, Flash the next day, and Arrow and Legends on Tomorrow on Thursday)
    Originally Tuesday April 7th was to be a new Flash episode.

The Captain

I’m guessing whatever new episodes were set to air tonight are still on the docket due to production shutting down because of Covid-19.

Mighty Member

Lex at the Fortress of Solitude. Uh Oh!!!

James Olsen, Jeremiah Danvers <- Eve Teschmacher. Wow, that girl is so easily manipulated into doing bad. I am guessing she is no longer Hope, that Crisis wiped that away.
    If Lex does die again, I wonder who takes him out this time. Eve? Alex? Lena?

James Olsen, Jeremiah Danvers <- Eve Teschmacher. Wow, that girl is so easily manipulated into doing bad. I am guessing she is no longer Hope, that Crisis wiped that away.
    If Lex does die again, I wonder who takes him out this time. Eve? Alex? Lena?
    Apparently due to the virus shutting down production, they had to rework the ending to this season. It may be that Lex, who was supposed to loose, actually wins at the end of the season and gets wrapped up next season from at least 6 feet away.

I'd say that either Alex has to kill Lex, to avange her father, or Eve kills him as revenge for being manipulated so many times by him. Or they could end up throwing a curveball and have Kara kill him, and do a version of Injustice next season.

I watched this episode just for Lex and he was great. Loved that ending with his song lol and the Fortress looked awesome.

Is this the first time a sun eater shows up? Nice.

But where is Superman supposed to be in this universe? I don't watch these shows so I'm kinda lost..

Amazing Member

I almost missed Supergirl's return it a good thing my sister reminded me.

So we could've had Kara and Lena reconcile but of course Lexy had to ruin it.

Wow! Eve has terrible terrible luck huh?

Leviathan continues to be bland and boring.

Seeing the Sun-Eater was awesome!

And we got a surprise visit from M'gann!

I don't want Eve, Alex, Lena or Kara to kill Lex again. Mostly because Jon Cryer is a really good Lex but they could bring him back later for a two part episode or another crossover.

Then there is Superman's show he could appear on. Put him either back in prison or some kind of limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    But where is Superman supposed to be in this universe? I don't watch these shows so I'm kinda lost..
    Superman is currently either in Metropolis or Smallville with Lois raising their two boys waiting for their show to start production.

Wasn't it established earlier in the series that they couldn't fly unaided in space because there is no way to maneuver?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    They seem to be getting a decent amount of mileage from this VR stuff. This was a unique way of showing how Alex is dealing with, not just her father's death, but her uncertain post-DEO life as well. It's just too bad we didn't get to see much of Kara herself mourning over Jeremiah. "All Through the Night" again, eh? I think they used that song when Alex and Maggie got together.

I was surprised to see her as well (especially since she wasn't in Crisis), but I guess if they are going to only have the main characters at Jeremiah's funeral (half of who never even met him), having Eliza delivery the eulogy at least somewhat makes up for it.

I don't think it's tone deaf. Quite the opposite, in fact. I think Supergirl (this episode especially) is trying to do a Black Mirror-type concept of "How far will we advance technology until it goes too far and dehumanizes us?" That issue is ever topical.
    I'd go for Alex as superwoman, but only if she had a comics accurate costume.