Page 318 of 325 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 4868

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Severance usually only occurs if you are laid off. By quitting, she should get nothing. But you're right- these shows only occasionally care about these things. Could Barry and Iris afford that loft living off of the salaries of a CSI tech and a reporter (who is self-funding their own newspaper)? Could Kara conceivably afford her loft living off what she had made as Cat Grant's assistant? At least with Oliver, he was a billionaire (and later millionaire), so money wasn't an issue. I just think since they never had to worry about it in his case, they don't with anyone else.
    I think we're supposed to assume (emphasis on assume) that Barry is living off of whatever fortune Thawne had amassed as Wells and he pays everybody a salary. Either that or STAR Labs makes some kind of commission on the tech they develop.

I think Kara would probably make a pretty hefty income being the assistant to a business mogul like Cat. I actually wonder if she gets paid less as a reporter, although doesn't she also own the apartment building? I think I remember that coming up.

With Oliver...they never really explained how Oliver was still funding things after losing Queen Consolidated. I think Amell said Oliver had some money stashed away but by the end of season 2 they were treating him like he was broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Kara would probably make a pretty hefty income being the assistant to a business mogul like Cat. I actually wonder if she gets paid less as a reporter, although doesn't she also own the apartment building? I think I remember that coming up.
    The way I heard it is Kara is the building supervisor and the owner gives her a break on the rent. Plus apparently it's a rent controlled building. Kara once asked Lena what brought her to the rent controlled side of town
    when Lena came to visit Kara. So the building probably isn't in the best neighborhood. Kara does have a rather massive door, another indication it isn't a great neighborhood. All that together indicates maybe the rent
    isn't really that high for such a big apartment.

I think we're supposed to assume (emphasis on assume) that Barry is living off of whatever fortune Thawne had amassed as Wells and he pays everybody a salary. Either that or STAR Labs makes some kind of commission on the tech they develop.

With Oliver...they never really explained how Oliver was still funding things after losing Queen Consolidated. I think Amell said Oliver had some money stashed away but by the end of season 2 they were treating him like he was broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The way I heard it is Kara is the building supervisor and the owner gives her a break on the rent. Plus apparently it's a rent controlled building. Kara once asked Lena what brought her to the rent controlled side of town
    when Lena came to visit Kara. So the building probably isn't in the best neighborhood. Kara does have a rather massive door, another indication it isn't a great neighborhood. All that together indicates maybe the rent
    I missed all of that about Kara. Honestly it never bugged me- the cast in these kinds of shows always have unbelievably large, well-furnished homes that you can't see them being able to afford. I just roll with it.

I forgot that Thawne left Barry all of his money along with the lab.

As for Barry, I think one of the producers one explained that when Oliver lost QC, he went from Billionaire to Millionaire. So he still had money, just not as much. On a side note, I really don't see why the Queens couldn't have sold their art collection to recoup some of the money they lost.

Something I just noticed about the last episode- did Kelly say that the body was still getting all of the nutrients it needed when Andrea was eating digital food with the contacts? How the HELL does that work?!

Melisa Benoist Yesterday by 100th post Video Season 3

Last edited by juan678; 02-22-2020 at 05:42 PM.

I'm glad it looks like they're bringing back Mxy's goofiness with this new take.

Winn's father is still a psycho, but it was nice to at least see Winn resolve some of his issues there. Turning the "Toy Man" name into the name of a good guy was a nice turn.

It makes sense that Kara would be hesitant to pursue a relationship with William because of Lena, and Kara especially hates to lie, but it feels like she has been alone for so long and it would be nice to see her take the chance and have a new relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fairly standard for the most part - Supergirl being mostly ineffective (or just a bit more effective than a DEO agent with a gun).
    They had to hit her with some kryptonite to bring her down to the level of the others, or else they wouldn't even be needed.

I'm disappointed Supergirl doesn't have a cool Post-Crisis intro like Flash and Legends do. Maybe they're saving it for season 6...
    I guess all shows are done with the "My name is..." intros because they were saving the new format for post-Crisis. That should mean Batwoman and Supergirl should get them too.

I always wonder if people like Kara or Barry live in the side of town that isn't the best because property values go down due to all the supervillain attacks. Obviously, that's no concern to them, and being near where a villain is more likely to strike keeps them closer to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I guess all shows are done with the "My name is..." intros because they were saving the new format for post-Crisis. That should mean Batwoman and Supergirl should get them too.
    And those kind of intros started with Arrow, so with the show over and the old intro's gone it's a true end of an era.

I do think it would be kind of neat if Mia's show still has it though.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed the cameo of Mxyptlk's hat.

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Finally!

It's about time Kara gave it to Lena and stopped feeling guilty. Lena has the problem, not her. Thanks, Mxyptlk!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Finally!

It's about time Kara gave it to Lena and stopped feeling guilty. Lena has the problem, not her. Thanks, Mxyptlk!
    ha - yes. But before moving on, we had to see it play out a dozen more times!

DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ha - yes. But before moving on, we had to see it play out a dozen more times!
    True, but it was well worth it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

This was a really fun episode. I was worried it would be overly serious and angsty, but while it started to go there at times, Mxy always brought i back around for a laugh. This was also the best use of a clip show format I've ever seen, as it finally made sense to be seeing those clips in the context of the story.

Love the new Mxy, and hope we get to see him again.

LOVED Alex and J'onn's reactions to being sent to their 'Happy Place'

Loved the cameos, and the fact that we got a lot of Reign/Sam as she was one of my favorites. It was too bad they couldn't get Calista back for a scene or two, though. I also think this is the first time Melissa and Chris have shared a scene since they got married, which was nice to see.

First time I haven't minded Kelly.

While I love the new suit, It was nice to see Kara in the old skirt again. Even better to see her with her old hair, as I hate the bangs. But I did love that in the universe where Lena and Kara were partners, her new suit AND the haircut were credited to Lena.

Once again I was reminded how much I miss having Jeremy Jordan on the show.

And yes, FINALLY Kara told Lena off in her own way. I'm really starting to be convinced that Lena will be going to prison at the end of the season, facilitating her exit from the show.

As for the episode before this one- I'm really starting to get annoyed with Brainy, and his inability to even consider the other Brainiac may have been wrong about him having to work for Lex in absolute secrecy. I'm hoping that we find out by the end of the season that Brainy sabotaged the Toyman code.

Also, was it ever explained how Win's ship was able to operate since Lex took the computer core out of the ship?

And thank god Alex quit the DEO. I hope they wrap up that agency by the end of the season and take things in a new direction.

Interesting that James seems to have not gotten any screen time. If he did it was so brief I missed it. I don't even think James was mentioned. The only remnant of James even existing was Kelly now has his shield.

Interesting that James seems to have not gotten any screen time. If he did it was so brief I missed it. I don't even think James was mentioned. The only remnant of James even existing was Kelly now has his shield.
    It was pretty brief - when Kara had James lie to Lena and Kara immediately had Myxy fast forward cuz it was such a bad thing to do. Not sure if there were other moments.