Page 351 of 374 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    In today's world would we expect Kara to build a giant plastic bubble and evacuate all the women in Afghanistan to NC? What about her world - no war?
    That's the problem with dabbling with politics in these shows. Superheroes could clamp down on any real-life problems easy peasy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Supergirl definitely lives in a different world.

I thought in some ways this was a slightly better episode.
    I mean it had lots of ridiculous elements.
    The PSA was kind of funny, but also stupid.

This episode at least suggested there could be problems that
    Supergirl can't just solve with a burst of super energy.
    It was slightly refreshing to see Supergirl interacting with a corrupt city government.
    Of course, the resolution was totally ridiculous. We heard one speech,
    there was an incident, we are going to change our ways. Yeah, that would
    work in the real world with our congress, state government, local officials.

Catco remains one of the funnier parts of the show. Did anyone else laugh at the idea
    of turning over their "entire" social media platform over to Supergirl. Nothing else they
    want to promote, just whatever Supergirl decides is the thing to do. Where is Perry White?
    Great Caesar's Ghost!

I am looking forward next week when Mxyzptlk comes rolling into town. It will at least look
    a little different.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    After seeing set photos from the finale, I'm dreading the fandom reactions (speculative finale spoilers based on set photos): spoilers:
    sounds like the way they "write out" Kara from the CWverse is she goes to the future with Mon-El and the Legion, meaning she's probably back with Mon-El since he's played by her IRL husband and it's be symbolic and all that jazz. Meaning Supercorp fans are about to become a time bomb of absolute insufferability not seen since the Snyder cut
    end of spoilers
    ...What's Supercorp?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...What's Supercorp?
    That's the 'ship name fans have dubbed for Kara/Lena.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That's the 'ship name fans have dubbed for Kara/Lena.
    That is a weird ship. Nothing in the show hints at it. Is it really that popular?

I want to see more of those Supergirl and Brainiac 5 VA's with Kara struggling to have a straight face in each one. Bonus points if Brainy is in his green form in each of them .

Nia making a dumb decision so she can get her mom to tell her the answer to her dreams when, in reality, she had the answer inside her blah, blah, blah...at least her mom called her out for how badly she screwed up. Although I guess part of this is on Kara for not telling anybody. And was Nia unable to pick up a phone?

Nxlyy lies as easily as she breathes. I guess time will tell whether she was lying about the exact circumstances regarding her banishment from the 5th Dimension.

I wasn't expecting the bad guys (or at least one of them) from the prom flashback episode to come back. Actually kind of surprised Kara didn't acknowledge that Brainy was there in the new timeline. Felt kind of bad for the guy falling on hard times and then getting manipulated by Nxyly into something he had no idea about so he would have to take the fall.

So obviously the big-brained science alien has a big head. Kind of wanted to go for the obvious there, I see.

Andrea actually helped out this time. I don't get why Kara is so resistant to social media, she's only in her late 20's.

Nia finally addressing her unresolved issues with her sister, thanks to her mom. I guess something good came out of this even if a lot of bad did too.

Supergirl is a master at giving speeches but can't handle a rapid-fire Q&A session. It was kind of amusing when Kara clammed up the moment that woman called her a hypocrite for all the hope talk.

I only just realized that Orlando being an alien had no bearing on the plot as Supergirl fought perceived gentrification. Doesn't his species have EMP powers? Wouldn't he have been useful for shutting the device down?

Seriously, Alex, wear an actual mask. No one is fooled by the eyeshadow.

Yes, Kelly grabbed a board and protected someone. That totally makes her qualified to be Guardian. Although, then again, what made Jimmy qualified to be Guardian? He had no real training. Then again Guardian's effectiveness rate was pretty spotty.

Alex really just said that woman should've been left to die...just for disagreeing with Kara in the end? Okay, maybe she was unsympathetic to criminals or people who have committed crimes, but I don't think that comment was warranted.

I guess it took the final season for Supergirl to finally have to address her magic weakness and why she can't take Nxyly in a fair fight. Although can't the Superheroes easily rebuild that building?

Oh man, Nxy is stepping up her game, eh? Seems like she will be a pretty personal enemy to both Kara and Nia.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Alex really just said that woman should've been left to die...just for disagreeing with Kara in the end? Okay, maybe she was unsympathetic to criminals or people who have committed crimes, but I don't think that comment was warranted.
    Yeah, that and the evil comment were over the top. Besides, do all criminals deserve sympathy? According to the episode, you would think they were all Jean Valjeans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, that and the evil comment were over the top. Besides, do all criminals deserve sympathy? According to the episode, you would think they were all Jean Valjeans.
    I guess they're going with the thought that criminals are often forced into their position because of problems with society and the system and deserve a second chance after paying their debt to society...or something like that.

Astonishing Member

In Kara's world, there are no religious extremists, just anti alien ones. There is no great power competition. No countries wracked by civil war with thousands of innocent kids being hurt or killed.

Just some plots by evil super villains and periodic visits by aliens to take over. I'd take her world over ours. MU is different as they have Galactus arriving every once in awhile to eat the place.

DCU - the Joker or Scarecrow will take over Gotham, yet again. Yawn.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see we are going to force Kelly as The Guardian angle even though she is not remotely cut out for it.

Supergirl playing its politics again with Section 8 housing this time. That writers room must be Admins at MoveON.org forums they are so entrenched.

Dreamer/Nia making the cliche selfish ploy that doesn't turn out good.

I kind of thought the dome shaped alien would be called Egghead. Guess he still could be later.

So Mxy is back next episode it seems. One imp to fight another?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess they're going with the thought that criminals are often forced into their position because of problems with society and the system and deserve a second chance after paying their debt to society...or something like that.
    On a case-by-case basis, I agree, but not as a blanket policy.

Astonishing Member

The Guardian, dumbest hero in the bunch. To be a peak human would take tremendous training efforts, etc. In our world, all the non invulnerable or not a speedster, would be shot dead rather quickly. I think the intro sequence in the new Suicide Squad movie makes that rather clear as did that thug betting the crap out of Jason and last Dick just missing being shot dead by a sniper.

I mean, was Jimmy really qualified to be Guardian?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The Guardian, dumbest hero in the bunch. To be a peak human would take tremendous training efforts, etc. In our world, all the non invulnerable or not a speedster, would be shot dead rather quickly. I think the intro sequence in the new Suicide Squad movie makes that rather clear as did that thug betting the crap out of Jason and last Dick just missing being shot dead by a sniper.
    Yeah, i Have a problem with non-supers thinking they can become superheroes almost overnight, too.