Page 164 of 374 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 5596
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But then again, these shows usually don't get business right. Look at Arrow and how they dealt with Ollie's fortune.
    Yeah, that was so ridiculous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If you follow the money--well, you shouldn't because it doesn't make sense on this show--but by rights, James and Cat would have had the majority shares in Catco. Cat obviously wouldn't have given up all her company, but she had to have given James a controlling interest when she put him in charge, just so he could run the company on her behalf. So to buy up enough shares, Lena would have had to get her shares from James and/or Cat's biind trust.
    I didn't think Jimmy owned anything. I thought that Cat took a leave of absence and just appointed him as the new Editor-in-Chief. He wasn't an owner, he was just an employee.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I need help remembering because this is bugging me I forgot, how did mon-el take so long to get to earth from daxim, didn’t the destruction of Saxon and his mistake happen roughly the same time?
    From the Arrowverse Wiki--'cause I couldn't remember myself--

The pod traveled past the Well of Stars, a region in space where time is ceased, and got stuck there for decades. This kept him from aging and he remained there in suspended animation until the pod broke free and then eventually found its way to the planet Earth where it crash-landed on the outskirts of National City.

If you follow the money--well, you shouldn't because it doesn't make sense on this show--but by rights, James and Cat would have had the majority shares in Catco. Cat obviously wouldn't have given up all her company, but she had to have given James a controlling interest when she put him in charge, just so he could run the company on her behalf. So to buy up enough shares, Lena would have had to get her shares from James and/or Cat's biind trust.
    Not exactly right. Shareholders don't run the company; directors do. Of course, shareholders elect directors. Jimmy doesn't have to own a majority of Catco to run it. As long as a majority of the directors are happy with his actions, he's fine.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But then again, these shows usually don't get business right. Look at Arrow and how they dealt with Ollie's fortune.
    Or Felicity's position in Palmer Technoogies (or whatever it was called). If she was just the president of the corporation, she could be fired, but that wouldn't strip her of her stock in the company.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

I believe James was the publisher not the editor--Snapper was editor--but now Olsen seems to be doing both jobs. I don't know if Cat gave him controlling stock or a golden parachute or a billion dollar paycheque--but she's clearly very wealthy and if Olsen took over her position for peanuts then he's the stupidest version of Jimmy Olsen in any medium (and that's saying something, because Jimmy has been very stupid). Why put someone in charge of a large operation like Catco and then not compensate them at the level of everyone else in the same position? And why would James stand for that--except that National City is racist and he's probably been given the short end of the stick his whole life and nothing's ever going to change.

Astonishing Member

Edge is a killer/terrorist. Kara should fly him into the middle of the Pacific and dive into the Mariana Trench with him. Cut the good two shoes crap. The episode was stupid and boring. The only neat part was John crying. Nice touch.

Kara is so weak for a Kryptonian and incompetent using her powers. The idea of a big submarine shooting missiles - oh, give me a break. It has the wonder cloak - oh, wow!

They have had much better episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Edge is a killer/terrorist. Kara should fly him into the middle of the Pacific and dive into the Mariana Trench with him. Cut the good two shoes crap. The episode was stupid and boring. The only neat part was John crying. Nice touch.

Kara is so weak for a Kryptonian and incompetent using her powers. The idea of a big submarine shooting missiles - oh, give me a break. It has the wonder cloak - oh, wow!

Um... some submarines DO fire missiles. Just saying...

Retired

I wasn't thinking about it when I watched the episode, but afterward I realized how great was the title "Girl of Steel" because it works on so many levels. Some of the obvious ones are the Girl of Steel celebration, the statue is a girl of steel (well, metal) and Kara is trying to be a girl of steel by turning off her emotions. But there are more levels beyond that. The cinematography was often MAN OF STEEL movie style--the scene in the field had that sense. The dark verson of Supergirl was like the MOS Superman. Then there was the John Byrne influence throughout this episode and connections with his MAN OF STEEL. The plot with Morgan Edge was like the plot with Luthor in Byrne's MAN OF STEEL mini.

Oh and also is the Girl of Steel Kara or is it Reign? The episode is teasing that the mother is a girl of steel, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Um... some submarines DO fire missiles. Just saying...
    There is a whole class of submarines, nicknamed boomers, whose main purpose is to fire missiles. But that is sort of moot, as this submarine was firing torpedoes.

Interesting how James and Kara were having a conversation but slipped into their Guardian and Supergirl personas...four people were taking part in that conversation!

Wasn't really feeling Kara's "I'm not even human" thing (are Kryptonians supposed to be THAT alien in this continuity?), but I did enjoy Alex asking J'onn to give her away. Touching moment. I also liked Win listening in on the comm and Cat's thinly veiled real life political comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess after voicing a Superhero billionaire industrialist in Iron Man Adrian Pasdar thought he'd take the opportunity to hop over to Vancouver to play a corrupt billionaire industrialist in Morgan Edge.
    Now all he needs to do is voice an animated DC character who is the opposite of Glenn Talbot and he's all set.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And I don't know if the writers intended it, but I find the way Lena brought up having Kara help her to run a media empire a bit accidentally rude to James.

Lena makes it sound like she bought CatCo with the express idea of having James get taken off as the CatCo Boss and to give it to Kara.
    Maybe, but I was wondering if Kara was going to be Lena's personal assistant like she was to Cat. Is Snapper completely gone from the show? I understand Kara being a reporter helps her get closer to the stories, but I feel like she'd be less like Clark if she had some other function at CatCo (which is more important than being someone's assistant).

I wasn't thinking about it when I watched the episode, but afterward I realized how great was the title "Girl of Steel" because it works on so many levels. Some of the obvious ones are the Girl of Steel celebration, the statue is a girl of steel (well, metal) and Kara is trying to be a girl of steel by turning off her emotions. But there are more levels beyond that. The cinematography was often MAN OF STEEL movie style--the scene in the field had that sense. The dark verson of Supergirl was like the MOS Superman. Then there was the John Byrne influence throughout this episode and connections with his MAN OF STEEL. The plot with Morgan Edge was like the plot with Luthor in Byrne's MAN OF STEEL mini.

Oh and also is the Girl of Steel Kara or is it Reign? The episode is teasing that the mother is a girl of steel, too.
    Good points!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Wasn't really feeling Kara's "I'm not even human" thing (are Kryptonians supposed to be THAT alien in this continuity?), but I did enjoy Alex asking J'onn to give her away. Touching moment. I also liked Win listening in on the comm and Cat's thinly veiled real life political comments.
    What little we've seen of Krypton, and Kara's parents specifically, they did seem kind of clinical and based around cold, hard, logic (which distinguished from the excess and passion of the Daxamites) so I guess that was Kara embracing her heritage, more or less.

I wonder if Clark's ever gone through a "I'm not human" phase in his career? Though I guess it would be harder for him to pull off without any actual memories of Krypton.

Maybe, but I was wondering if Kara was going to be Lena's personal assistant like she was to Cat. Is Snapper completely gone from the show? I understand Kara being a reporter helps her get closer to the stories, but I feel like she'd be less like Clark if she had some other function at CatCo (which is more important than being someone's assistant).
    I feel like if she is Lena's assistant in some form it will probably be an unofficial role so she can keep being a reporter but just give Lena advice on what she thinks Lena should do.

All-New Member

SuperGirl is a fickle character. They have had way too many personalities for her to be "normal" in any one of them. I've watched this show for two seasons, and as the actors seem to be doing good jobs, I don't like the way a lot of them are written.

The more episodes that are done, the more asinine, arrogant, and self-righteous she becomes. At this point I want to bitch slap her SO badly! She's condescending and a hypocrite as well.

Are the writers GOING somewhere with this, or is this something that the actor is adding to the character?

If they are building up to something, then I'd certainly like to know, as I would keep watching to find out how she gets her "comeuppance" for being a self-righteous brat.
    If this is just something that is going to be standard, or the actor is adding this to the character, then I'm done. I have to deal with enough whiny, self-righteous jerks at my job, I certainly don't need it in the shows I watch.

Retired

When the Legion shows up, it would be nice if they had some other reason beyond returning Melissa Benoist's boyfriend to a co-starring role. Maybe they come to tell her she's being a self-righteous brat and she needs to smarten up or suffer the consequences--which they would know about, being from the future.

Spectacular Member

I still can't see Pasdar play the slimy politician / businessman without seeing Nathan Petrelli. FLYING MAN!! Yatta!!