Page 165 of 374 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5596

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When the Legion shows up, it would be nice if they had some other reason beyond returning Melissa Benoist's boyfriend to a co-starring role. Maybe they come to tell her she's being a self-righteous brat and she needs to smarten up or suffer the consequences--which they would know about, being from the future.
    They might give Kara hints about her future fight with Reign or stuff that's probably going to happen to her in the future (like her relationship with Brainiac 5).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    From the Arrowverse Wiki--'cause I couldn't remember myself--

The pod traveled past the Well of Stars, a region in space where time is ceased, and got stuck there for decades. This kept him from aging and he remained there in suspended animation until the pod broke free and then eventually found its way to the planet Earth where it crash-landed on the outskirts of National City.
    So his parents should have been ancient, and been looking much longer.....

Retired

Should they have just let Katie McGrath speak in her natural, beautiful accent and not bothered trying to make her speak "Murikan"? She really struggles to talk with a consistent accent on the show and I wouldn't mind hearing her open Irish vowels in full bloom. There's no reason Lena Luthor had to be American like her adoptive family and she might have been born in County Wicklow.

Astonishing Member

Subs - boomers fire intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Some subs fire short range antiship missles and longer range antiship or land attack cruise missiles.

No subs fires torpedoes for attacking land targets at such short range.

That mode of attack and Kara's response were both rather silly.

One problem is that exists in the comics and TV shows is the endless villain, like Morgan. Just kill him - certainly the US government has a handle on Morgan by now. Putting on a ship? Put him on an asteroid.

Deleted my response. Carry on
    Last edited by Qwerty; 10-16-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Well there is one possible reason the wedding doesn't happen.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

I felt that super villain Psi has been Supergirl's toughest opponent yet.

Retired

Psi or Psy?

Two downsides in this episode that each had an upside:

1. Supergirl not taking out the villain when she had the drop and giving the villain time to attack. This happens a lot on the CW, but this time it really bothered me. Upside--the p.o.v. Krypton sequence.
    2. Kara being a jerk to everyone close to her. I am so over her pity-party. Upside-all the other characters, by contrast, really came to life. Especially Alex--she seems like the real star of this series.

Once again Ms. Tessmacher finds herself working under a Luthor, though Lena doesn't strike me as the type to yell out her name .

So did Ruby's father die or does Ruby not have a father at all, because Samantha's response seemed very ambiguous. Though you have to wonder what the purpose behind Reign being able to procreate on her own is, unless Ruby is another Reign?

What was Psi's deal? Winn said she was perfectly normal law-abiding citizen but then suddenly she has telepathy and is robbing banks. Even some of the stuff she said to Supergirl just felt...off. Is there something going on there or are we just supposed to assume she naturally developed immense telepathic powers and turned to crime for the money and thrills?

Y'know, Kara's fear sequence makes me think a "Krypton destruction" VR game would actually be pretty cool (if a bit morbid and depressing).

The show's never really gone into what Kara's experience in the Phantom Zone and stuck in her pod was like, but it was understandably very traumatizing for her at such a young age and after she'd just seen her planet destroyed. Clark was lucky he was just a baby when it happened .

I can't believe anyone would really believe Winn can keep a secret at this point.

Kara's frequent absences and flights out of CatCo are going to be harder to explain now that Lena is running a tighter ship then Cat or even Snapper did. It also doesn't seem like Kara will be able to pull the friend card on Lena.

I'm definitely getting the sense that Alex and Maggie are on different wavelengths when it comes to their marriage and what's going to happen, and that they might be rushing into things a little .

Samantha is probably the most direct foil to Kara we've ever gotten on the show. They're both aliens who've lived the lives of humans and hide who they truly were (though in Samantha's case it's because she really didn't know her true nature), both are from Krypton, both have familial connections that help define them (Alex for Kara, Ruby for Samantha), both ended up as assistants to powerful women in industry, and I'm sure Reign's powerset is probably very similar to Kara's.

I guess if there's any difference between them it's that Kara is still trying to understand her own humanity, and her civilian identity is partially an act or a "release" from being Supergirl, while Samantha is far more defined by her humanity and her civilian life is completely genuine.

Retired

I got the feeling that Ruby isn't real. Like she's some kind of artificial creation that just exists for Reign to function. And they seem to be making a point about her name--ruby. Also the family seems to survive on nothing but pizza and pop.

I don't understand how Win can function at a secret agency like the DEO, if he's unable to keep secrets. He might be a tech genius, but a blabber-mouth is a danger to the organization. He ought to be fired.

I find it hard to believe that Alex and Maggie decided to get married without getting to know each other. But plot-induced stupidity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Once again Ms. Tessmacher finds herself working under a Luthor, though Lena doesn't strike me as the type to yell out her name .

So did Ruby's father die or does Ruby not have a father at all, because Samantha's response seemed very ambiguous. Though you have to wonder what the purpose behind Reign being able to procreate on her own is, unless Ruby is another Reign?

What was Psi's deal? Winn said she was perfectly normal law-abiding citizen but then suddenly she has telepathy and is robbing banks. Even some of the stuff she said to Supergirl just felt...off. Is there something going on there or are we just supposed to assume she naturally developed immense telepathic powers and turned to crime for the money and thrills?

Y'know, Kara's fear sequence makes me think a "Krypton destruction" VR game would actually be pretty cool (if a bit morbid and depressing).

The show's never really gone into what Kara's experience in the Phantom Zone and stuck in her pod was like, but it was understandably very traumatizing for her at such a young age and after she'd just seen her planet destroyed. Clark was lucky he was just a baby when it happened .

I can't believe anyone would really believe Winn can keep a secret at this point.

Kara's frequent absences and flights out of CatCo are going to be harder to explain now that Lena is running a tighter ship then Cat or even Snapper did. It also doesn't seem like Kara will be able to pull the friend card on Lena.

I'm definitely getting the sense that Alex and Maggie are on different wavelengths when it comes to their marriage and what's going to happen, and that they might be rushing into things a little .

Samantha is probably the most direct foil to Kara we've ever gotten on the show. They're both aliens who've lived the lives of humans and hide who they truly were (though in Samantha's case it's because she really didn't know her true nature), both are from Krypton, both have familial connections that help define them (Alex for Kara, Ruby for Samantha), both ended up as assistants to powerful women in industry, and I'm sure Reign's powerset is probably very similar to Kara's.

I guess if there's any difference between them it's that Kara is still trying to understand her own humanity, and her civilian identity is partially an act or a "release" from being Supergirl, while Samantha is far more defined by her humanity and her civilian life is completely genuine.

I still don't buy that Lena doesn't know already. Sorry show, but that's just dumb.

Astonishing Member

So I guess Kara is just forgetting seeing that other pod in space that first time during that dream sequence? I mean understandable overall but I'm assumnig she'll start realizing how big that is.

OK...I'm only further confused by what role Lena seems to have hired Samantha for. It really does feel like she's trying to deliberately undermine James at this point if she's hiring someone completely new and out of the company to do it. And James himself basically points this out earlier when she doesn't invite him to the team meetings and gets jokingly half acknowledged...

Lena and Eve... Haha. I suppose I should've seen another Luthor and Eve joke coming along.

Psi is...something. There's no evidence of any real powers that can stop attacks from afar so it's pretty amusing overall that she lasted as long as she did. Kara could easily just arctic breath her a few times from afar to win it seemed like not even going into say officers or the DEO just shooting her from afar with tranquilizers or similar if we want to keep it completely family friendly.

That being said it's interesting. Is Psi the first villain we've seen who really just was completely happy about causing death and destruction like this? We had a few like Indigo or the Kryptonians who would've loved to wipe out humanity on a global scale but none that I can think of that were basically happy with killing everyone around them just for fun as with Psi (and the others only wanted to do so for specific reasons as oppossed to pure blood thirst). Sure she's not killing them personally but she seems otherwise fine with it happening as such and is revelling in the destruction.

Astonishing Member

And yeah I really doubt Lena doesn't know Supergirl is Kara. Even her lines to Kara about seeing through secrets just echoes Cat's lines who similarly knows.

That being said I also scoffed at the whole "I didn't buy this business as a gift to a friend" etc... Maybe you say that Lena but from a story telling point of view that's exactly how it boils down, but I guess the writers wanted to mention that early so fans don't think Lena's showing favoritism (she totally is though).

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    OK...I'm only further confused by what role Lena seems to have hired Samantha for. It really does feel like she's trying to deliberately undermine James at this point if she's hiring someone completely new and out of the company to do it. And James himself basically points this out earlier when she doesn't invite him to the team meetings and gets jokingly half acknowledged...
    I thought Lena had introduced Samantha as the new head of Luthor Corp. I might have to re-watch that part though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrifterWC View Post
    I thought Lena had introduced Samantha as the new head of Luthor Corp. I might have to re-watch that part though.
    I'll have to as well but it sounded like Lena was having Samantha take over everyday duties at CatCo when I watched it.