Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
I love Melissa Benoist! I know this is hardly her first gig but I haven't been familiar with her until now so she feels like such a fresh discovery, and "Girl Next Door" is definitely the right term for her.
I thought she was one of the best of Glee: The New Class. Interesting that Grant Gustin was also on Glee. If they ever do a Flash/Supergirl crossover, there's got to be a sing off.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
There's nothing wrong with shows not being linked. It's not like Lois and Clark needed to have Wonder Woman or Batman exist or TDK trilogy needed to have Superman exist. The one time the Batman movies acknowledged that there was a Superman it didn't go over very well.
That was just a throw away gag (as was the Batman reference on Lois and Clark). I feel like the closest we've come (not counting Man of Steel/Dawn of Justice) to a serious implication that both co-exist was in Superman Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
Kara's friend assuming she was a lesbian was too easy and obvious a joke and should have just been avoided
Which happened in both a Superman and a Flash DTV. Weird how it's overused and played out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think part of the idea behind Superman giving Kara to the Danvers', beyond taking care of her, giving her a home and family environment that he thought she needed, was that since they helped him with his powers they could help Kara train to use her abilities.

She's probably just rusty with them or not as skilled as Clark is because she apparently hadn't used them in a really long time aside from menial tasks like using her Super-Hearing to get ready for Cat showing up in the office.
The explanation is sound, but if Kara is going to be a full-fledged superhero, that's another level of training that only Superman can give her. And I'm kind of tired of seeing Superman constantly abandoning people with powers like his. I know in the Silver Age comics, he kind of just dumped her off at an orphanage and only let Supergirl out as a "secret weapon", which is kind of messed up, but what's with this new trend of ditching fellow Kryptonians on all these DC TV shows? He avoided Superboy like the plague on Young Justice and even on Krypto the Superdog, he just leaves Krypto to some random family in Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It's Ra's Al Ghul all over again .
Or "Lex Luthor" or "Lana Lang" or "The Planet Winath" or "Mr. Mxyzptlk" or...